Skip to content

Ascension v1.5 BETA - Enhanced Edition Release UPDATED 6/8/2016 - SCS Fix located on Page 2!

Comments

• islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    shawne said:

EDIT: It's worth noting that, using the latest version from ALIEN here and with only the Slayer fix installed, I managed to clear the final battle, pools and all, without getting stuck.

A note to @ALIEN, though: this is a relatively minor glitch, but the abilities you get from the pool (like Focus) have blank descriptions...

Is it possible to finish ALIEN 's version without the slayer fix?
    IMO, edits should be made on top of the topic to provide easy access to ALIEN's latest version and update the old installion instructions.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @islandking Thanks for reporting, it definitely will be helpful

@shawne Many thanks for you effort but I can't incorporate you fixes unless you prepare detailed report about what have you changed. The files which you posted aren't present in Ascension mod directory. You have just edited the game files after installation so they cannot be simply putted into override for everyone.
  • spikeguy86spikeguy86 Member Posts: 14
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm still having issues. I tried putting the fixes in the override folder, is that where I'm supposed to put it? That didn't change anything. Then I downloaded the latest version from ALIEN and still nothing. This is my save from before going to the Pocket Plane. Does Ascension not work with other mods? Because I have about 7 others installed.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @ALIEN: To clarify - those aren't my fixes. They were posted on this thread and in the previous Ascension one in response to bugs that were coming up during the beta (specifically the Slayer bug and problems with the pools). I simply copied them to override, tested them, and concluded they seem to work, that's the extent of my technical know-how. :)
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @spikeguy86 After you extracted lastest version of mod from github, did you reinstalled the mod and put patches into override folder after that?

@shawne I see. Well, we have to wait for someone who is willing to convert this fixes into weidu code and then apply changes to mod.
    Ok, here’s some detailed testing results:
    SPIN822 : given the choice of whether or not to change into slayer, taken damage, option to change back, no more damage taken.
    IMOSLAY1 : changed directly, no damage taken, no option to change back.
    IMOSLAY3 : changed directly, taken damage, option to change back, continue to sustain damage, causes death.
    OHBBCLT4 : nothing happened.
    SPIN717 : changed directly, no damage taken, no option to change back, changed back automatically after a while.
    SPIN783 : changed directly(with an angel wing animation), no damage taken, no option to change back.
    SPIN810 : in-game dialogue reads ”xxx can now change in to slayer at will”, SPIN822 added .
    SPIN823 : changed directly, taken damage, option to change back, no more damage taken.
    SPIN852 : changed directly, yellow circle berserk, no damage taken, changed back automatically after a while.
    SLAYER2 : nothing happened, usage not consumed.
    SLAYER3 : nothing happened, usage not consumed.

Strange thing is, the slayer fix is for SPIN718, whose script name is :Slayer back to human, but the abilities above(except for IMOSLAY3) either have the option to change back to human themselves, or don’t damage the main character at all.
    Additional note, most of, if not all slayer forms above has incorrect HP, being either 100 or 150.
    All tested under 2.3 with Ascension(ALIEN's version) and SCS installed
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    Ran into a couple of errors installing this mod on BG2EE/EET today.

I've committed fixes for these errors to the GitHub project, so if you see these errors, just update to the latest.

EET fix - Replaced KAISHAS_CHANGE in finiren.baf and finmel.baf with WIZARD_COMET
    BG2EE fix - Replaced 30/60 with FIVE_ROUNDS/TEN_ROUNDS in ABAZDRAG_o6.baf and _n6.baf

In main component (you'd only see these errors with EET):

[ascension/ascensionmain/baf/compile/finiren.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1097 column 1-27
    Near Text: )
    [HaveSpell] argument [KAISHAS_CHANGE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[ascension/ascensionmain/baf/compile/finiren.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1102 column 1-44
    [Spell] argument [KAISHAS_CHANGE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[ascension/ascensionmain/baf/compile/finiren.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1861 column 1-27
    [HaveSpell] argument [KAISHAS_CHANGE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[ascension/ascensionmain/baf/compile/finiren.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1868 column 1-44
    [Spell] argument [KAISHAS_CHANGE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[ascension/ascensionmain/baf/compile/finmel.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1374 column 1-49
    [SpellNoDec] argument [KAISHAS_CHANGE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

[ascension/ascensionmain/baf/compile/finmel.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 1379 column 1-49
    [ForceSpell] argument [KAISHAS_CHANGE] not found in [Spell.IDS]

In Tougher Abazigal component (you'd see this warning with either BG2EE or EET):

WARNING: cannot find block matching [ascension/tougher/abazigal/baf/ABAZDRAG_o6.baf]
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    Can someone repost the link to the latest download of this mod and the fixes needed for the latest version? Thanks!
    Latest version is here:

https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/Ascension/releases

I'm not sure if it includes the 'slayer' fix or other fixes that were attached to shawne's earlier post, but shawne was able to finish the mod using only the 'slayer' fix. The link for that fix is below:

https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/editor/af/8vjdb951402c.zip

The slayer fix is a single SPL file that can be manually dropped into the override folder at any time (just save+quit+put the file in override+start BG+continue game). So I suggest trying the latest version as-is, and if you encounter a problem with the slayer ability then apply the fix.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellCrevsDaak
  • bca21bca21 Member Posts: 1
    What's the best way to install the latest version? Is it what's listed in BWS? If not, can it be installed manually on top of a BWS install (including SCS)?
    BWS uses this version for BG2EE/EET. It can also be installed manually on top of an existing install and with an existing saved game as long as you do it before starting ToB. By installing it after SCS, it might override some SCS scripts, which could result in strangeness, maybe.
    Hi @agb1 , where can I get the latest BiG-World-Fixpack?
    Does the pack already contain the fix for SCS install problem on v2.0+ and cover Ascension Beta Nov 30 2016?
    edited December 2016
    Hi @islandking

The Big World Fixpack is available from https://github.com/BiGWorldProject/BiG-World-Fixpack#readme

The fix pack does not currently contain any patches for Ascension because Ascension is being updated directly.

I do not think there is really a problem installing with SCS - it is just a question of which AI scripting / behavior you prefer. If you install Ascension before SCS, then SCS will override the AI of the Ascension battles. If you install SCS before Ascension then you will get the original Ascension battles, which have been enhanced by the team here. Both ways work, they are just different.
    Post edited by agb1 on
    The SCS install problem on v2.0+ is mentioned in pinned threads on both bg modding boards, basically, subtledoctor's fix https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/732385/#Comment_732385 will be needed to complete install on 2.0+
    @islandking Sorry, I misunderstood you.

That SCS problem has nothing to do with Ascension. And for SCS, you are better off just using the Fixpack. @subtledoctor 's hotfix for SCS is fully covered by the fix pack, plus the arrows also work I believe.
    JuliusBorisov
    Hi again @agb1 :-) I notice that both Ascension and BWFP (and many other mods) have a "gitattributes", some have "gitignore", if I put them all together in game installion folder, they'll just overwrite each other, my question is: can I just ignore "gitattributes""gitignore" files, or maybe delete them before I put mods together?
    Another question (off topic sorry): Which file shall I use, BiG World Fixpack.bat or _ApplyPatches.bat, many thanks!
    edited December 2016
    @islandking You can delete or overwrite or ignore those git files without concern. They're not relevant to the game in any way; they're instructions for the version management tools we use to maintain the mods.

_ApplyPatches.bat is the one to use - and I've modified BiG World Fixpack.bat (which is kept for legacy reasons) to tell you to use _ApplyPatches now instead.
    Post edited by agb1 on
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Thank you @agb1, and all people who contribute to BW to keep all iemods united, updated and alive, you guys are great, really appreciated.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakcloudkillbeatsallcomebackhome
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited February 2017
    so after finishing the game and getting the epilogues i encountered a weird issue. after getting a yoshimo one saying he was forgotten i get a black screen but can still move the curser. and after pressing escape it skips the balthazar and imoen epilogues.

edit: looking at my install of the mod it seems it never asked me to install the balthazar epilogue. why that also effected imoen's i have no idea.

it only effect those two the rest of the epilogues played out fine.
    Post edited by megamike15 on
  • SageSage Member Posts: 28
    Is this still the go to way to play Ascension? I see there's a mod manager project and such now and so many threads on Ascension in general. I'd prefer to play the EE saga with only Ascension as a mod.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Sage I use this version of Ascension and have no issues. I'm using the PC version so its version 2.something or other.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    So will this ever receive a definitive release without having to install 200 patches?

or just using BWS to install ascewnsion is enough?
    @Arthas I don't understand the question. I just install Ascension and it works. And no, I don't use BWS.
    has anyone else had that epilouge issue i talked about afew months ago? i still have no idea what caused it and may be avoiding the beta until the official version because of that and other small bugs i had during end game.

for exmple sometimes the last of the five won't die and the final boss will go on a loop and also won't die even if i cntrl y her.

has anyone else had that epilouge issue i talked about afew months ago? i still have no idea what caused it and may be avoiding the beta until the official version because of that and other small bugs i had during end game.

for exmple sometimes the last of the five won't die and the final boss will go on a loop and also won't die even if i cntrl y her.

I haven't personally had that happen to me, but it does seem to pop up a lot here. I THINK there is a hotfix on one of these pages.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited June 2017
    I think that's all he's asking for though an Ascension version that doesn't require hotfixes. Not that there's anything wrong with that for me, but it does save a bit of time wading through old threads and worrying about compatibility issues and such.

I'm also using this at the moment, but also hoping someone at some point will pick up the torch again. It's dreadful what happened with Jedimindtrix last year though(previous page) ...=/
    Yamcha
    i get the feeling due to recent events as the people working on the mod preety much left the forum due to personal isssues, this is now never seeing an official version.