Skip to content

Ascension v1.5 BETA - Enhanced Edition Release UPDATED 6/8/2016 - SCS Fix located on Page 2!

Comments

• AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Is this already fully compatible with SCS, or does it require a new SCS patch update?
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    @batoor they should not be incompatible, no. I used to install them alongside each other in the original saga all the time and they never conflicted; ascension hasn't changed enough to cause one now.

As for total SCS compatibility, that remains untested as of yet. WhiteAgnus did recently post a hotfix for scs installs... As for the rest, I encourage you to see for yourself! (We need compatibility testers)
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    According to Leonardo Watson's BWP 15.6 "There might be a conflict between UB's Sarevok's Remorse and Ascension's Sarevok dialogues." (https://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/files/BiG World english-15.6.pdf)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    if i remember right that was only if ub was installed before ascension.
    JediMindTrix
  • PhooeyPhooey Member Posts: 17
    First of all, thanks to Cuv for his original work on the conversion. Thank you to WhiteAngus and JedimindTrix for their work toward getting this thing finished. =)

With Siege of Dragonspear on the horizon Ive been drooling over a BG1>SoD>BG2>ToB run. Ive yet to play BG2EE as I wanted to wait for Ascension, its a must for my playthroughs. Im stoked I can drop my GoG version and try the EE version. Thank you all so much.

Just had a question though. I see y'all have kept the original Ascension epilogues, but have an option to replace them with some new revised stuff. Im just wondering what the thinking was on this. just curious as to why y'll thought they were needed/wanted. Not critical or complaining about it , just wondering the reason.

Thanks
    Aedan
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited January 2016
    Speaking only for myself: much as I enjoyed the Ascension epilogues the first time I played BG2, the best will in the world doesn't change that 1) they are long, to the point where some of the endings scroll on for a ridiculous amount of time, and 2) they're unnecessarily long, just in terms of how sentences are constructed - information that can be conveyed in ten words instead take thirty, with a few redundancies along the way.

Now, the writing for the original epilogues is certainly of its time, and I stood by the decision to keep them for those who want their EE-Ascension to be as close to the original as possible. But at the same time, I honestly felt that with the benefit of time, experience and a more critical eye, the old beauties could use a new coat of paint. That's really all it is. :)
    bob_veng
  • PhooeyPhooey Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2016
    @Shawne Hey Thanks for the response. Im not against the revision I was just interested in the reason. I'll probably go with the originals for the first EE Game, but am interested in seeing your take on it, next time through.

Oh and Im sorry I forgot to add your name to my thanks to all working on the project. THANKS =)

EDIT... crap, forgot to mention I love that you guys made some epilogues for the EE characters. Looking forward to them.
    edited January 2016

if i remember right that was only if ub was installed before ascension.

This was because Ascension overwrote sarevoks dialog, thereby erasing ub's dialog and causing issues. As ascension now patches dialog, this should no longer be the case.
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello. Thanks for the mod support. I am curious, is this the same as bigpicture mod's ascension component? Are there differences? Whichever is more stable and suitable for ee? I plan to install ascension but I don't want to experience game breaking bugs. So I want to choose between the two.
    Hello! @agb1 covered it pretty well. A full list of changes can be read in the changelog section of the readme, which I've uploaded to my DropBox and can be found in the link below if you don't want to download the whole archive.

Cheers!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjfp98trd64lpi5/Ascension v15BETA.txt?dl=0
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    edited January 2016
    @JediMindTrix and @WhiteAgnus - there is a mod called Jim's Fixes (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/46935/jimfix-mod-for-bg2-ee/p1) that includes three patches for original Ascension. Correction -- three patches for SCS installed with Ascension, not for Ascension alone.
  • MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139
    Hello,

It seems that there's a problem with Sarevok, during the final battle, in my game. I'm really not experienced with this type of scenario, cause I redeem Sarevok in ToB 99% of the time, but in this playthrough, I turned his offer down.

In the final battle, after he dies, he (his corpse, to be exact) is somehow still considered an active enemy and - as I suspect - blocks further development of the battle. I can't set traps around him (enemies nearby) and Balthazar (whom I have helping me), periodically switches to Lunar Stance and therefore unleashes Greater Malison and Glitterdust, but Sarevok's Magic Resistance blocks those (and everything else I throw at him) every time. Here are some screenshots to better illustrate the situation:

The fight doesn't progress properly. Amelyssan never shows up during the fight with the Five + Gromnir + Sarevok. I kill them all and nothing happens. I've tried this twice now with the same results. The first time, I thought something went wrong because I killed Sarevok in a Time Stop Trap, so the second time I made sure to leave him alone and kill him outside of it. Still, same thing happened.

Some other, minor things:

- During my first attempt, the south-western pool didn't work. Clicking and "using" it just didn't do anything. The other pools worked fine. Reloading the game fixed the issue.

- During the first fight with the Five, Gromnir didn't seem to die properly. He was stuck in "Near Death" forever, his morale broke and he started running around in panic. I left him alone and turned my attention to the other enemies, only to find out he must have died/disappeared somewhere during the battle, as I couldn't find him anywhere (that was the first time I got stuck due to the fight not progressing properly, so had a lot of time to search for him :+) ). The second time, he died as intended.

- Not sure if this just how it works (timer), but on a bad attempt, during phase 1 (with Irenicus and Bodhi), the fight was taking a long time, with Irenicus still alive, but Balthazar started talking about cutting off the pools of essence, as though I've finished that part of the final battle already. Screenshot of that and the point below

- The Balthazar and Bodhi portraits components of the mod didn't work for me. They don't have a portrait at all, when talking. Screenshot of that

- Is Yaga-Shura supposed to be able to knock himself unconscious with his own Lava Bomb? I had that happen when fighting him at the Siege Camp. Sleeping like a little baby

Other than that, haven't had any issues. I'm so happy this mod finally gets a proper port to EE. Up until now, I've been using the BP version and considered it an alright substitute, but that had its own problems. Thank you so much for working on this!
  • SomberlainSomberlain Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

Everything else worked perfectly with no issues whatsoever, but I can't finish the game. After I killed the Ravager, I can't enter the final battle. In fact, I can't leave the pocket plane at all. If I try to exit, my character starts spasming like someone is repeatedly trying to start dialogue with him but nothing else happens.

I used console commands to teleport to Mana Forge but the final battle won't play correctly in that case. After killing Irenicus, Bodhi and Imoen, I can't cross the energy bridges. Even if I teleport to them with Ctrl+J, after using all the energy sources and getting the "you have a short while to prepare for the final battle" message, I waited for about 5 minutes and nothing happened.

I don't know if this "unable to enter the final battle" is a problem with this mod or something else, but I'd like to know if someone else has had the same problem.

• shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    edited February 2016
    can I install these mods in this order ? :

Ascension Beta > SCS v30 > aTweaks v4.42 > BG2 tweaks
    Post edited by shadow85 on
  • HipershadowHipershadow Member Posts: 4
    Good evening,

I'm very close to finish the game right now, but I'm stuck on the last battle... maybe it's something with the death script of the five. Sometimes, I haven't even killed one of the fives and Meliss spawned, in another atempt I killed all the five but she hasn't appeared. And finally, in another atempt i wasn't able to kill her, she kept saying something about gathering more power and then fought again, this repeated in an infinite loop (I was using Ctrl+y to kill her)

Beside that, I had the same error @Somberlain got at the very last of chapter 9, had to use console comand to warp to mana forge. The fight with Irenicus was bug free for me. The bridges and pools were okay for me too after Irenicus.

• HipershadowHipershadow Member Posts: 4
    Hey ppl,

After trying a lot of fixes and consoles comands, neither worked, I decided to do something.... lets say odd.
    I installed the bp ascension over all my other mod, so the Bp ascesion was my last mod in the load order... and it worked lol . It was not perfect, in the last battle sendai and yagahura had broken IA, but I managed to kill the five and Melisan.

Hope that it help someone in the future if everything else fails too.

See ya guys. GL
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    So it sounds like this Ascension is still quiet buggy? or is it just the final battle?
    Apologies for the late response! These bug reports have been received and when I have some free time (precious little for the next week or two, sadly), I will do my best to fix them.

Sounds like the final battle is still buggy, but that is the danger of playing beta's. I did not come across these reported bugs in my test playthroughs, so I am a little baffled. Can those experiencing these bugs either post or send me their weidu logs?

Yaga-Shura probably should not knock himself out, but that's quite funny.
    GenderNihilismGirdlePhototoxin
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @JediMindTrix
    Did you made any changes in original texts?
    (I'm planning to do revision of the Czech translation Ascension)
    There are a few typo and grammar corrections in the epilogue's.
    Hello again,

Sorry JediMindTrix, I've been a little inactive here recently and I'm late to respond. I did a clean install a few days before you posted so I don't have my old weidu log. However, I've faced a familiar bug to what I've encountered back then, so I still may be able to help.

While going through the Hell Trials, I've noticed the same thing wrong with Sarevok again. The Wraith of Sarevok corpse acts in a weird way - it blocked access to the potions it dropped (the character I wanted to pick up the loot couldn't reach it and the only way to pick them up was through quick loot). Then I've realized that it's probably the same thing I've encountered in the final battle in my last playthrough and so I cast some AoE spells to make sure the situation looked exactly the same. It seems like the corpse doesn't die properly and is still a physical entity that interacts with its surroundings.

Screenshot of that

I'm going through ToB now so I'm going to be able to provide some additional feedback, though in this playthrough I'm going to redeem Sarevok and not face him in the final battle. We'll see how everything goes.

Last time I only did a quick ToB run to test things. This time I did a proper install for a full run, with SCS on top, so we'll see if that changes anything. Weidu log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1 // Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #3 // Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #5 // Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB): v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #103 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider: v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #104 // Extended Epilogues by shawne: v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #105 // Extended EE Epilogues by shawne: v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~ASCENSION/SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #999 // Remove Anyone Identifier in EA.ids: v1.5 BETA_20160114
    ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn: V14
    ~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal: V14
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoA: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Extended Minsc/Aerie Interaction ToB: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Imoen "Retrospection" dialogue for BGII: ToB: V4.2
    ~IEPBANTERS/SETUP-IEPBANTERS.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Aerie/Jaheira/Anomen interjection in Underdark: V4.2
    ~IMOENFRIENDSHIP/IMOENFRIENDSHIP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Imoen Friendship: 2.1
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v16
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: v16
    ~SETUP-WINGS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wings for BG2:EE
    ~SETUP-WINGS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Restore missing banters?
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1910 // Protection from Normal Missiles also blocks Arrows of Fire/Cold/Acid and similar projectiles without pluses: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2020 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Allow individual versions of Spell Immunity to be placed into Contingencies and Spell Triggers: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2070 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2080 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Add an extra copy of some hard-to-find spell scrolls: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4040 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4180 // Make Freedom scrolls available earlier: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4216 // Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas -> Only remove nonmagical ammo from random containers: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5010 // Move Boo into Minsc's pack: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages -> Mages cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests -> Priests cast some short-duration spells instantly at start of combat, to simulate pre-battle casting: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs -> All of the potions dropped by slain enemies are recoverable: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6500 // Improved golems: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6511 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have normal hit points: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6521 // Smarter genies -> Genies have normal hit points: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6531 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have normal hit points: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6541 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have normal hit points: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6562 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6570 // Smarter githyanki: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6800 // Smarter Illasera: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6810 // Smarter Gromnir: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6820 // Smarter Yaga-Shura: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6830 // Smarter Abazigal: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6840 // Give Ascension versions of Irenicus and Sendai SCS scripts and abilities: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6850 // Give Ascension demons SCS scripts and abilities: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8000 // Make the starting dungeon slightly harder: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8041 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Significantly increased difficulty: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8061 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8141 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30

Please let me know if you require any additional info and I'll be glad to provide it.
    lunarlolien
    edited March 2016
    Hello again,

Making a new post to bump the thread and provide some new info. I've reached the final fight and again, same as before, I'm stuck at the final phase. Amelyssan simply doesn't want to spawn. I kill all of the Five and that's it - nothing happens. Tried this twice, here are the screenshots:

Attempt 1
    Attempt 2

I then tried to keep some of them alive for longer. Killed Gromnir, Sendai and Illasera and kept kiting Yaga-Shura and Abazigal in circles for a long while. Abazigal had pretty much his whole spell book depleted. Didn't help. Amelyssan just doesn't spawn.

Are there any workarounds? I had an idea to manually spawn Melissan using the console (FINMEL01 version, which seems to be correct) - she tries to initiate dialogue, but nothing happens and she never goes hostile. Talking to her does nothing. She gets weakened when the Five die and has a line she says about getting more essence when all of them are dead, but that's about it. Can't talk to her, can't kill her - obviously that's not the right way to bruteforce the encounter to work :+).
    Any ideas? I'd be happy to try something else/some more commands to perhaps get it to work manually somehow.

Another thing - something that always annoyed me with Ascension dialogues are the wrong amount of spaces after punctuation marks. It's so different from the rest of the game. Especially noticable after giving Sarevok's sword back, while talking with Balthazar and during the final fight conversations with Irenicus and Bodhi - after ellipsis there are no spaces and after periods there are two spaces. There should be one space after all of them. Not two, not zero - one. Since in this edition of the mod, the epilogues were revised (still haven't had the chance to actually see them :+( ), perhaps a little correcting of those simple mistakes could be done as well? Even I could do that, if someone was willing to tell me how and let me do that.

Also, I'm not sure what would be the right place to post this, but since this run of mine also had SCS installed, I'll provide some feedback of how everything worked:

Everything seemed to work nicely, except:
    Demogorgon - he died quickly, managed to only cast Storm of Vengeance and that was basically it. No Time Stop (I've read that was changed because he'd be idle?), didn't summon any demons, pretty much only storm and melee, then he died. I should have saved before the fight and tried some more, longer attempts to see his further behavior.

Abazigal in human form, in his lair - he seemed to use his abilities correctly, but didn't attack in between of those. Just stood there. His dragon form and final battle form worked properly.

Also, this journal entry doesn't seem to have a proper title.

Post edited by Mivsan on
  • LosBadylosLosBadylos Member Posts: 1
    I have a similar problem - Amelyssan doesn't spawn during final battle. The thing is, Sarevok in my playtrough is redeemed and I don't fight him, so it seems like he is not the source of the problem.

I killed The Five, waited, tried to spawn Amelyssan using console... Nothing. She simply doesn't appear.
    I got no idea what may cause it and how to trigger the ending. Everything seems fine up to this point. Oh, and I have no other TOB mods installed.

Any idea how to push the ending forward? Any workarounds?
  • CirosanCirosan Member Posts: 25
    I have some mixed news for those waiting for a fix to the game-breaking bug.

The good news is that, after some testing on my own, I've isolated the problem that prevents Melissan from spawning. The problem is the variable "FiveDead" for AR6200. In ar6200.baf, the code that makes Melissan spawn checks that variable and one other ("FinalFight"). Commenting out the line that checks the "FiveDead" variable made Melissan spawn as intended, so the problem is something to do with how that variable is being calculated. By commenting it out, the difficulty scaling is disabled, but Melissan will always spawn after four of the Five have been killed, allowing the final battle to proceed.

The bad news is the final battle is still uncompletable. Even after spawning Melissan with this workaround, she cannot be killed, even with the Ctrl+Y console command. Specifically, she gets stuck on the stage where she draws power from the central pool. She gets into a loop of being damaged, doing her bark of "You're too strong, I need more power, etc" then warping in front of the pool and drawing from it, then returning to the fight. Rather than only doing this once, she does it an infinite number of times, effectively making her immortal - whenever she's killed, she'll just do her "warp to the pool and draw power" routine rather than actually dying. That's why even console commands don't work.

Hopefully this helps the mod's development. Very much looking forward to seeing Ascension working in the EE.
    bob_veng
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    @JediMindTrix @WhiteAgnus
    in reference to the above post, a modder from G3 has also determined a problem there, and found a solution other than commenting out:
    (http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=27796&page=7#entry242882)
    "After I have changed all five code blocks for detection of having killed the Five summons to *old fashioned* IF Dead("finXXXX") everything in the final battle works fine."
    sameer5
  • CirosanCirosan Member Posts: 25
    bob_veng said:

in reference to the above post, a modder from G3 has also determined a problem there, and found a solution other than commenting out:
    "After I have changed all five code blocks for detection of having killed the Five summons to *old fashioned* IF Dead("finXXXX") everything in the final battle works fine."

Interesting. However, after implementing that fix myself, the final battle remains non-functional. It's very possible I followed the instructions incorrectly; however, I did try multiple variations (replacing all Statechecks, replacing only the five code blocks described, replacing !Statechecks as well, etc.) and none of them allowed the final battle to proceed to the end - Melissan either didn't spawn or remained invincible at various points in the fight.

Perhaps that modder could upload the changed files directly.
  • K3en_w0rldAscen4K3en_w0rldAscen4 Member Posts: 3
    Cirosan wrote: »

Interesting. However, after implementing that fix myself, the final battle remains non-functional. It's very possible I followed the instructions incorrectly; however, I did try multiple variations (replacing all Statechecks, replacing only the five code blocks described, replacing !Statechecks as well, etc.) and none of them allowed the final battle to proceed to the end - Melissan either didn't spawn or remained invincible at various points in the fight.

Perhaps that modder could upload the changed files directly.

Here is my file was able to finish the game all credit goes to a user on the gibberlings 3 forums he or she figured out what was wrong.

Yamchabob_veng
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Is anyone willing to test this with ToB 2.0?
  • lazutulazutu Member Posts: 118
    Hey everyone! This is what I've got in BG 2.0:

"NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Ascension v1.51 BETA (requires ToB)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Tougher Abazigal (optional, requires ToB)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Tougher Gromnir (optional, requires ToB)

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Tougher Illasera (optional, requires ToB)

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS Tougher Yaga-Shura (optional, requires ToB)

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Restored Bhaalspawn Powers by David Gaider

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Extended Epilogues by shawne

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Extended EE Epilogues by shawne

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Ascension Epilogues

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED Remove Anyone Identifier in EA.ids

Press ENTER to exit."