So here's my concern:
As you all know, the game turns a little bit more "realistic" and violent if you enable blood & gore in Baldur's Gate 2 via the "Memory Access=100" entry:
- bodies actually turn into a pile of dust if you cast "Disintegrate" on them instead of leaving behind the corpse on the floor
- enemies shatter to little pieces of stone/ice if they suffer any damage and were turned to stone/were frozen before
- enemies explode into huge chunks of meat in a ridiculous animation if they suffer too much damage while dying.
Although I like that effect *if an enemy gets destroyed by a mighty arcane spell* (for example in the cutscene after escaping from Irenicus' dungeon) I find it hilarious and very unrealistic if an Athkathlan City Guard - wearing full plate mail - explodes into huge pieces of flesh *because you stabbed him into his back with a DAGGER*! *Ahem..* You get the point...
So I tried to prevent this "glitch" via modding, but until now I was not successful ;-(
As far as I know, the *.BAM - file of the chunk-animation is called "SPFLESH".
I tried to make enemies immune to the animation via the "Protection from specific animation" effect or the "protection from specific death" effect, but it didn't have an effect...
My idea is to add an effect to ALL melee weapons with the conditions:
- applies on hit
- makes the target immune to the death animation *dying in huge meat chunks* for 2 seconds
Therefore all gore effect would still be in the game but if you kill enemies in *melee* combat, they'd just fall down and die instead of triggering this unrealistic effect.
The thing is that I couldn't get the "immune to specific animation" effect to work until now...
Does anyone have an idea how to prevent this animation from being shown in melee combat?
I think this forum is the right place to ask because:
- there are many talented modders here
- this "glitch" concerns BG1 and BG2
- I guess there are more people out there who feel the same
I hope someone can help