Skip to content

Any way to solo WITH NPC's?

GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 267
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
As a Paladin i like to solo and defend the innocent NPC's, and I've arrived at the conclusion that the only way to protect my NPC's is to kill them and solo in combat. The only way i know of is to kill the NPC's yourself then resurrect them when you want some banter, then kill them before combat breaks out. Is there other way to still have banter and romance but not use them in combat? and just solo all combat? Any ideas?

Comments

• JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292

Let alone the self-romance possibilities.

I should probably leave that old joke alone in this more 'family friendly' forum.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I believe at one point or other in the history of modding there were talks of a script that would deliver NPC conversations, banter and romances without the actual NPCs being in the party. As far as I know nothing ever came of it though, but it should be doable.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I.. uh... Brother Stark is that you?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

Solo... with party members?
    What is this I don't even...
    Would you like me to also make you a cake that you can have and eat simultaneously? :P

Isn't...that what you usually do to cakes when you have them?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Hahahah man you're totally crazy xD
    First the "Killing Imoen in CandleKeep" and now this! I love your thread
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2012

If you kill them it will break any romance you've got going on. Girls are funny like that.

That's not the case, is it? I thought it would only be interrupted if they were removed from the party. That will happen if they are "chunked", of course, but then you wouldn't be able to resurrect them anyways...

• EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    Pretty sure that killing them ends the romance sequence.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm completely lost. They're killed, but still in the party and... :?
  • HecklerHeckler Member Posts: 7
    Nothing is more important than family ; )
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Drugar said:

Would you like me to also make you a cake that you can have and eat simultaneously? :P

You can't eat your cake and have it still be there. You can only do one or the other. Once you eat your cake, you no longer have it.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175

Drugar said:

You can't eat your cake and have it still be there. You can only do one or the other. Once you eat your cake, you no longer have it.
    The cake is a lie.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 267

As a Paladin [...] I've arrived at the conclusion that the only way to protect my NPC's is to kill them

Unintentional humour at its best.

guess someone on these forums did get it, but that was intentional humor
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Quick every body leave before more overused Portal jokes arrive!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's no way to do it without sharing the XP, but if you want your party members not to fight and be out of danger's way, the best way to do it is the following:

1) Every time you're about to leave an area, quick-save your game. If you get waylaid by enemies, reload until you don't.
    2) In every instance that you can, have your protagonist explore the area by himself, leaving your party in a secluded (preferably closed) area. Only bring the rest of your party forward once your protagonist has cleared the area.

With that, you'll be able to converse with them, you won't have to kill any of them, and you'll be able to fight everything all by your lonesome.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    And I thought only a certain cleric from Zhentil Keep had problems with undead family members...