Skip to content

Possible DLC

neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
It's been announced that there will be additional DLC's after game release. Since we are already getting a new class, Would you like devs to add a new race? Here is the most likely candidate IMO:

Panda
Class restriction: Monk
Bonus to STR and CHA, resistance to intoxication

Concept art by : hidd3nnin :
Kapow!

What do you think?
  1. Possible DLC95 votes
    1. YES, I think pandas would be a good addition to the game
        3.16%
    2. NO, in my opinion pandas would be a great addition to the game
        5.26%
    3. I love these polls
      11.58%
    4. We are all heroes: You and Boo and I. Hamsters and rangers everywhere: Rejoice!
      80.00%

Comments

• Greenman019Greenman019 Member Posts: 206
    Confirmed

Kapow!

• eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    Giant miniature space hamster > pandas.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    You can get your fill of Panda(ren) monks in WoW MoP, no need to have them in Bg as far as I'm concerned.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Is this satire, or is this trolling? I just can't decide.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318

Is this satire, or is this trolling? I just can't decide.

Make a poll for it, heh.
  • HoebaggerHoebagger Member Posts: 46
    neur0 said:

It's been announced that there will be additional DLC's after game release. Since we are already getting a new class, Would you like devs to add a new race? Here is the most likely candidate IMO:

Panda

I'm going to assume this is a joke, but my jimmies have still been thoroughly rustled. The good news is that there absolutely is not a panda race anywhere in D&D. The only thing you could come close to would be using an anthropomorphic animal from Savage Species, but that would have to assume that a panda exists in one of the Monster Manuals and I have yet to see one.

Aside from that, it would be very immersion breaking if new races suddenly started appearing in such a wonderfully established setting. Plus it wouldn't make much sense to slap new races into the Forgotten Realms, it would be a lot more understandable if it were added to Eberron.
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Halfhalfling? Or would that be a threequarterling?
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    My math is rusty salieri but wouldn't that make a quarterling?
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    I would also like a dungeon that requires 25 or more different CHARNAMES to beat. With Epic Bosses and Loots.
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    And what if, now hear me out, WHAT IF multiplayer gets extended to include a persistent world with thousands of people on a single server and then gets a PvP component post-launch? That would be awesome.
    Overhaul Games is going to make millions with these ideas of ours.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Don't pander your pedantic pandas to me padre!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Every single poll answer would be a lie for me because I don't even like Boo :)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I love when people complain about Pandaren being against lore despite the fact that Pandaren have been in the Warcraft universe since before WoW even existed.
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    edited September 2012
    I hate every single one of you.

I love when people complain about Pandaren being against lore despite the fact that Pandaren have been in the Warcraft universe since before WoW even existed.

The problem is that they were introduced AS a joke race. They were supposed to be a mildly racist optional part of Warcraft 3. They had absolutely no lore or story beyond Blizzard just thinking it was funny. Their inclusion presents an undeniable lack of creativity on Blizzard's part.

Sorry, red button for me. I used to love the Warcraft games. I still do but, WoW is annoying now.

• GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    @Schneidend and @theJoshFrost Your 2 comments both made me laugh. These 2 comments are in every debate about mist of pandaria : the exact same word.

I'm sure you made this on purpose.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Deja vu :P
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    Mornmagor said:

Deja vu :P

More like deja poo.

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    i prefer deja boo
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    neur0 said:

Panda

What do you think?

Ugh.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

I hate every single one of you.

The problem is that they were introduced AS a joke race. They were supposed to be a mildly racist optional part of Warcraft 3. They had absolutely no lore or story beyond Blizzard just thinking it was funny. Their inclusion presents an undeniable lack of creativity on Blizzard's part.

Sorry, red button for me. I used to love the Warcraft games. I still do but, WoW is annoying now.

Being present as a playable character that joins your army in the RPG-style single player Orc campaign seems serious enough to me. It's not as though the brewmaster was Mr. Bean poking his head into a serious British drama. He was present in the story as a real character that helped the player fight off the Kul Tiras invasion fleet. He even had a side quest, if I remember right.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Just don't try to make Boo a panda... I can't imagine the cosmic consequences of such a hideous act...
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    Kill it with fire, burn it to the ground and feed this idea to the flames. I hope your trolling (and if so well played sir).
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245

My math is rusty salieri but wouldn't that make a quarterling?

Mathematically speaking yes, but I was speculating as to what the half is in the first place. If we're talking about them being half the size of a human, then one might assume that the offspring of a human and halfling partnership could end up about 3/4 the size of a human. Of course I have no actual idea how halfling genes are transferred or expressed.

Can I download a sackboy that looks like a panda?
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Bjjorick said:

these polls where there is no yes or no answer is really starting to annoy me. and please don't point out there one answer says yes and one says no because it's the same freaking answer.

In polls like these the key is not picking anything at all which means you're strictly saying no. Seriously, it's bad enough that the op wants to bring pandas from world of warcraft into the mix of things. If the dnd world starts bringing in "silly" races like the pandas from wow then I will quit fantasy completely just because of how lame and stupid it's becoming in this decade.

Like this comment if you mean to say "no" to this poll! :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Ugh. What's next: World of BaldurCraft? Maybe I'm a troll, but the whole Panda Warrior thing seems downright ridiculous to me. My guess is that this is a joke poll poking fun at MMO-ness, but the cynic in me fears that this is all too serious.
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    edited September 2012
    firstly, a panda-race does not belong in the faerun (possibly kara-tur, since one of the dragons have mentioned panda hengeyokai)

Secondly, i do not want to derail the thread too much, but for those complaining about the Warcaft Universe. Yes there was no pandaren lore before Chen Stormstout (Pandaren brewmaster) Because he was meant to be a mysterious stranger in a new land...But there has been pandaren lore since then, if you ever read the RPG books that came out in 03/04.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I have no problem with the WOW universe, so long as it stays in the WOW universe and doesn't bleed into other genres.
  • RerelRerel Member Posts: 86