Skip to content

Introducing: The Candlekeep Library

Comments

• ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Lookin' slick! The new day/night/time button is awesome. Even the UI has grown on me. The separation of the quick action buttons is really neat, especially if it aligns with the F keys as suggested.

Keep up the good work guys. Bring on the 18th!
  • KieaKiea Member Posts: 13
    So pretty, I can't wait until the 18th.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited September 2012
    LOL... bad, bad devs, bugging Xzar to cast out montaron from the party, stc stc... not nice :)!

In the upper 3° screenshot from left to right, there you can see in the party the main char (1° portrait), Dorn Khan (2° portrait), Rasaad (3° portrait), Imoen (4° portrait), Xzar (5° portrait) and Neera (6° portrait).

Edit:

By the way, based on another screenshot focused in Rasaad's personal quest probally (upper left screen shot), we can already aknowledge that his quest is related to the dark moon monastic order (an order of monks that dedicate themselfs to Shar), some infos about dark moon below:

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Monk_orders
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shar_(Forgotten_Realms) (type monk with ctrl+f to find the reference).
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Screenshots look good. The UI isn't as prominent in these, either. Still curious as to whether the real game will look exactly like this or not (by the way, where's our pre-load?).
  • that70sgirl7887that70sgirl7887 Member Posts: 18
    love. can't wait!
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    Nice, very nice.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Amazing work! Looks shiny!
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    Nice crisp gameplay screenshots. Love them.
    Hope the GUI is just pumped up a bit to the same quality as gameplay. I do not mind the bluish stone, just the golden pipe lines. Make them even to the same length on both sides.
    Just 7 days to go, cannot wait to get my self started.
    Great job guys!
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Thanks very much, looks great indeed....screnshots worked on me like a health potion:)
  • RhaoRhao Member Posts: 7
    Khamill said:

Thanks very much, looks great indeed....screnshots worked on me like a health potion:)

Not me... they feed my dark hunger and now I crave more....

Maybe the Preload can occur in the dark of the Moon.

• ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    @Aosaw

That would be pretty cool. Speaking of which, I wonder if there will be the ability to easily change what hotkeys correspond to what. I'd be a fan of using 1-4 instead of F1-F4, for example.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I'm pouring over these more closely, zooming in and such, and I have to say, these screens look absolutely gorgeous.

It looks like you've really delivered on visual improvements. The colors are rich, and the look is sleek.

I can't wait to see the zoom feature.

This is indeed going to feel a lot like a brand new game. Just excellent.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Imoen has no hood? The screenshots look awesome :)
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    Looks brilliant, I love the detail and I am starting to get used to the snazzy UI, it has a fresh and tidy look, I cannot wait to begin my adventure!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    byrne20 said:

That's something that they're working on resolving. I think there was something talking about it in one of the other threads.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Looks great. Thank you much.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    The interface is fine. The first shot is the best, looking forward to it all!
  • Jean_LucJean_Luc Member Posts: 228
    edited September 2012
    Yay, stretchable dialogue window: http://www.baldursgate.com/images/media/screenshots/screen15.png

But portrait borders want their day in the sun as well.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012

Turns out there's a bit of a lag time. Give it a moment and it should be fine.

@PhillipDaigle You truly are really awesome. I won't keep it to myself. Screenshots AND rhymes!
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    Quick, start your photoshops!
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Awesome picktures cant wait to get to play, if i had to complain about something it would be the fact that the filtering or what ever did you do to the game made it look more like an cartoonish to me but thats not nessessarily a bad thing.
    Good find. Bad graphical problem there.
  • WonKoWonKo Member Posts: 72
    The more I see of the UI the more i'm liking it. Also, the graphics are looking quite crisp! Better than I remember.
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    edited September 2012
    My initial complaints about the UI still stand (ie chat window not being wide enough and no border between portraits) but other than that, those screenshots look fantastic!
    I don't care about the UI as long as somebody makes a 'restore vBG HUD' mod. It can have fish all over it for all I care, I just need a mod.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    byrne20 said:

Thieves Galore component from 1pp mod should fix thieves appearance, even thoug I think that will be embedded in game, native.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251

... And perhaps something for your earballs.

New voice sets please!!
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Wow, these are looking really nice. Absolutely wonderful work. I can't wait!