Skip to content

Introducing: The Candlekeep Library

Comments

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I have to admit those screens do look very nice, better than I remember at least. However as much as I like them, I urge the devs to continue trying to restore as much "BG1ish" as possible. I noticed the shields and helmets are (thanks to 1pp), though the full plate art is still the one from bg2.

Its not a massive issue for me, but as I said I urge them to continue their efforts in this regard post release :)
  • JarlJarl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 100
    Hah! Great to see that the large shield animation from bg1 is back! (Was still missing in Erephine's 1PP mod)

Nice Screenshots!
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Parys said:

i only wanted edit my post. Sorry for this but edit function dosen't work, i can not edit my post properly
    please to remove,
    sorry again

Same problem here man it sucks.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160

I have to admit those screens do look very nice, better than I remember at least. However as much as I like them, I urge the devs to continue trying to restore as much "BG1ish" as possible. I noticed the shields and helmets are (thanks to 1pp), though the full plate art is still the one from bg2.

Its not a massive issue for me, but as I said I urge them to continue their efforts in this regard post release :)

It is kinda big as an issue for some of us. BG1 is still BG1, and some of us grew up with that and it grew on us as well.

I don't need any mods to enjoy BG1, but it seems i'm gonna need mods to have the BG1 feel back, imagine if i can't do it even through mods. Well, for sure it kills the fun, BG2 character art was something i didn't like, maybe because i got used to the BG1 feel too much.
    @Excalibur_2102 The helmets aren't anything like they are in vBG. I downloaded the latest 1PP and the helmet paperdolls are original but not the sprites. :(

I really hope Infinity Animations works.
  • PoePoe Member Posts: 4
    Awesome screenies...i think this is going to be a fun week, leading up to a "Call in sick" Tuesday...Phil, can ya write me a absentee note?
    Ward said:

@Excalibur_2102 The helmets aren't anything like they are in vBG. I downloaded the latest 1PP and the helmet paperdolls are original but not the sprites. :(

I really hope Infinity Animations works.

Technically, if the BG1 models are available although unused, we could use them via an editor(unless they give an option in game) and this would make Infinity Animations not needed.

The thing i fear is that, Infinity Animations uses BG1 sprites from the actual BG1. If Beamdog did not include the BG1 sprites in the data, then we better hope that the new engine auto-upscales every graphic you use because i don't even know if Infinity Animations will work then, or if the models will look ok, they are in low resolution and need to be upscaled too.

I hope they included them, i can't think of BG1 without the original models available even as an option, for the people that don't care about dual wielding (yet).

Oh well, i'm giving it too much thought, i think they'll include them to be honest.
    @Mornmagor Depending on the enjoyment of BG:EE not being able to use vBG1 graphics will put me off a lot.

I've already given them my money so it's too late, but I'll find it difficult to play with the new GUI and 1PP.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Ward - you could always hold back and not play BG:EE until what you want is released ;P
    @AndreaColombo I was considering that, but I'll feel really left out. :( Since there will be lots of patches and stuff I thought I should wait for patches anyway.
    edited September 2012
    @Ward, i can relate to that, but not all hope is lost yet! Squeaky wheel gets the kick!! ~_o

Of course i'm gonna hold off and not play till what i want is in :P
    @Mornmagor I thought it was early bird gets the carrion crawler?
    Never liked them crawlers much >:]
    @Mornmagor Do you find it strange that one is randomly loitering outside the cave near the lighthouse where the flesh monsters are?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Inventory/paperdoll screenshot next please.
    @Ward, the Flesh Golems? I don't remember, what is it doing there? :P
    @Mornmagor No clue bro there's just a random one hanging around near the Flesh Golem cave entrance, past the first srine.
    I was probably too busy running away from them to notice it :P
  • PeterPeter Member Posts: 44
    Still no shadows for wyverns :(
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Guys, dont think that its not an issue for me, the one thing that ive continually asked asked for throughout the developed is to retain the BG1 feel as much as possible (I never played through BG with tutu or BGT). I dont dislike the BG2 art as much as some of you guys but I firmly believe that the EE needs to retain the feel of the original.

Like @AndreaColombo has suggested, I wont be playing on release (partly cus Im still playing New vegas, which is HUGE) mainly to wait to see what the devs have in store for us post release.

@Peter - It's impossible to add shadows to wyverns because shadows are part of the animation file, and the source art files were lost.
    @Excalibur_2102 - There are mods for Tutu/BGT that restore the stony BG1 GUI, the BG1 paperdolls and inventory icons, BG1 character animations and even the music underneath the narrator's voice when you start a new chapter. You can restore the golden headers in the GUI by extrapolating the REALMS.BAM file from vBG1 and dropping it in the override folder of you Tutu/BGT installation. The same can be done for the original dialog font, though I can't remember the name of the relavant .BAM file.
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    Thank BD for making me even more amped for this game! (If that's even possible, im foaming at the mouth already;) Looks like you guys have done an incredable job, can't wait for the 18th.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    Sweet, lookin good guys!
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    Did you notice a new size of portrait icons. Previously, these icons were displayed of three icons per row.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Parys said:

Did you notice a new size of portrait icons. Previously, these icons were displayed of three icons per row.

Yeah, one complaint about portrait icons was that they ended up covering up portraits very easily (more so now when even class immunities will display portrait icons). Making them smaller lessens the problem.
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    These are the best looking screenshots posted! There are games out there on Steam, etc. that do have worse graphics. Now, give me my copy!
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    mibbles said:

Awesome screenshots! Did notice something strange about one of them... Check the rock to the left of the party in this one

I hope @PhillipDaigle and the others are aware of this and will remove it from the Main Site, you know haters and all.. :-p

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    edited September 2012
    lordkim said:

Its a dimension rock. If you pass the line, youll walk right into the old BG , and step out of BG :EE.

its just like Sigil... BG/Torment Crossover