Skip to content

Introducing: The Candlekeep Library

1235»

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    So those problems are going to delay the 18 september release or no?
  • theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    kamuizin said:

So those problems are going to delay the 18 september release or no?

No. Those problems can probably be fixed in patching, if they weren't already dealt with.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    And again, that's assuming that they were problems with the game, rather than with @PhillipDaigle's ability to take a screenshot while playing. ;)
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    God this game looks sick can't waight buy it only a day or two more
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2012
    5 days :P

The glitches to be honest are no problem, they will be fixed one way or another, sooner or later.

@PhillipDailgle (or anyone willing/able to share info with us :p) one small request. When and if you able (yet), kindly give us a hint on whether or not we'll be able to use the BG1 sprites as well( optionally or via editors etc), basically, if you will include them in the data, or if you plan to. We would really like to have the BG1 feel, some of us, especially in characters. I know they can't dual wield (yet :P), but even as an option for those who won't dual wield would be nice.

The concern is that if they are not in the data, and since we don't know if the engine auto-upscales graphics, we might not be able to do anything about it via mods, if you don't include them :x

I understand we must have asked for this now and then, but since we don't know what will happen, we are a bit... anxious.

Squeak!
    ^
    Boo agrees.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I too desperately share @Mornmagor's request for the original data to be included.

Atleast include it so the work can be done to fix them later, don't need to do anything else.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Mornmagor said:

The concern is that if they are not in the data, and since we don't know if the engine auto-upscales graphics, we might not be able to do anything about it via mods, if you don't include them :x

Upscaling is done dynamically, i.e. at run-time. Any graphics you'll add via mod will upscale depending on zoom and resolution automatically.

edited September 2012
    That was actually my hope, if that is indeed the case, then even if they don't include them (although we all hope they do ^^), we could make Infinity Animations work, or poke Erephine to look into it, it's her mod after all :]

So @Zeckul, for giving hope with that statement, you deserve a cookie! /hands cookie

And a kirby dance <(^_^)< ^(^_^)^ >(^_^)>
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Mornmagor said:

So @Zeckul, for giving hope with that statement, you deserve a cookie! /hands cookie

Num num!

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    If we eventually get the option to have dual-wielding BG1 sprites that will rock.

And if they could meld BG2 and BG1 in BG2:EE as such (or at least make that option available) that would be the bee's knees.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The creator of BGT is working with Overhaul. There's hope for a fully integrated BG2 EE :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I want an option to trade Neera for Dynaheir as Minsc's weeetch. Regardless, Boo shall point forthwith, and Minsc shall punch. It is the simplest, yet perhaps most effective, of relationships!

Sword, meet eeevil. Eeeevil, meet sword!!!
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672

I want an option to trade Neera for Dynaheir as Minsc's weeetch. Regardless, Boo shall point forthwith, and Minsc shall punch. It is the simplest, yet perhaps most effective, of relationships!

Sword, meet eeevil. Eeeevil, meet sword!!!

Perhaps that should be saved for BG2. Since Dynaheir is already dead by then and it's possible for Minsc to ask other NPC's to be his witch it would possibly make more sense there.
    Just bought the game so excited looks sick can't wait to play it again with new characters and improvements :)))
    Also I don't really understand the people saying that they want it to look almost exactly like the original. I loved the original game but I loved bg2 graphics of armor weapons ect... A lot better so basically everything I like rolled up into one package sounds good to me plus new content.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Rajick BG:EE isn't using BG2 graphics, it's using 1PP by Erephine.
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2012
    The GUI suits BG1, however it wouldn't suit BG2.
    What ever smart programmer stuff all I know is the screen shots look like bg2 ish
  • ThimGrimThimGrim Member Posts: 75
    It is less than a week to release day and all we have is 9 screenshots (yeah, yeah some artworks and music samples)? Give us something more, anything! Or I will go in berserk mode... I'm starting countdown: 3..2..1...
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    I'm waiting more for this:

Later this week some other cool things will appear, such as a series of vignettes written by our very own Dave Gross. And perhaps something for your earballs.

Than the Pre-load... :-p

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    I seriously hope they've polished the UI for the release. If it is same as in those screenshots it doesn't give positive first impression to reviewers or players. Sure it is easy to patch week later, but that might be too late if the reviews etc. are already out.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Bercon

The GUI has already been tweaked since those screenshots were taken, but in my opinion, I honestly think that they shouldn't spend much time changing something that will inevitably end up being a losing battle. There will always be people that won't like the color scheme used no matter what.
    Rajick said:

Also I don't really understand the people saying that they want it to look almost exactly like the original. I loved the original game but I loved bg2 graphics of armor weapons ect... A lot better so basically everything I like rolled up into one package sounds good to me plus new content.

BG1 animations would be optional for those who want them.

The fact that you like BG2 animations better doesn't mean they are better, or that we should all like them.

But i get it, since you don't like something, it's crap right?

• BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    @Tanthalas I don't actually have any problems with the color scheme. Just lack of polish and lack of functionality is what bothers me. Now that they have two and half months more time, I'm certain they'll get it right, so no worries.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @PhillipDaigle can we at least get our "cool things" now..? :-p
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @PhillipDaigle Aye, with 2½ more months to go I'm expecting that library to be filled. Run around the Overhaul office taking snapshots of you guys hard at work, and put them up.
    @Shin that's going to be a little awkward. I heard (read: started) a rumor that the team does all their work wearing nothing but rain coats. Lots and lots of rain coats.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Aosaw At least they use raincoats...
    Yes, but half of them are see-through.

(The developers, not the rain coats. Honestly, what kind of operation do you think they're running up there?)