Skip to content

NPCs and familiars Portrait Replacement Project

biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
I realize there are other NPC/PC portrait threads but its difficult to browse 30+ pages if you are only looking for specific NPCs hence this thread. I only have BG2EE unfortunately but if anyone wants to make equivalent threads for BGEE characters feel free.

Feel free to post images you feel are good Nalia portrait replacements here.
Please don't stray too far from believable likeness to the original portrait

I'll open up with these two I like very much, they have a whiff of 'fallen noble' about them. I felt the original portraits completely denied any sense of her aristocratic background but her lineage is perhaps the most decisive factor in her character so definitely a miss step.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    I don't they exist in the original game. Is it difficult/possible to add them?
    I found this image recently and had to have it as my cat familiar portrait, just so darn cute.
    p.s. how do you post images in between text? I only know attaching files give small thumbnails.

Cheers
    Oh and if anyone has nice familiar portraits please feel free to post them here.
    I realize there are other NPC/PC portrait threads but its difficult to browse 30+ pages if you are only looking for specific NPCs hence this thread. I only have BG2EE unfortunately but if anyone wants to make equivalent threads for BGEE characters feel free.

Feel free to post images you feel are good Jaheira portrait replacements here.
    Please don't stray too far from believable likeness to the original portrait please.

I'll open up with these two below.

Feel free to post images you feel are good Minsc portrait replacements here.

I'll open up with these two I like very much. They are from Kings of the Realm which is a browser game.

Feel free to post images you feel are good Imoen portrait replacements here.

I'll admit i never liked the original Imoen portrait she looks absentminded which doesn't convey her tragedy. This one might be too melancholic but I think it suites her somehow.
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    @biffyclanger - actually, the perfect place for every new custom NPCs portrait is: Custom NPC Portraits Masterthread.

p.s. how do you post images in between text? I only know attaching files give small thumbnails.

..and for *that*, a "step by step" guide you'll find just here: How to post files/images?

PS- pretty interesting portraits ideas :wink:
    JuliusBorisov
    Hey thanks for the links very helpful! :)
    There you go. What do you think? Its not that close to the original but i honest can't stand it, she looks like she had an black eye, in one eye...

• RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    Ahh @biffyclanger, I forgot to mention about the most important thing:

If you want to post someone's art/portraits etc. on this forum, make sure to familiarize yourself with this thread about *sourcing policy*.
    JuliusBorisovbiffyclanger
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @biffyclanger , You asked in another thread, I think, how to make these portraits post at full size instead of thumbnail. After you click "Attach a file" and upload your image, click "insert image" on the thumbnail. This will place a long code into your post. Then, click "delete" to get rid of the thumbnail. The code that is generated will make your image post at full size.
    biffyclanger
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited January 2016
    @biffyclanger There's no need to create multiple threads about the same thing. In fact, the forum rules http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10852/site-rules-mind-the-gap imply that posting multiple threads or comments in short sequence that are about largely the same thing is prohibited.

I've merged 5 or 6 threads into one.

As @Rodrian has pointed out, there's a Custom NPC Portraits Masterthread, with the rule of actually showing a portrait exactly depicting a certain NPC. If you want, you can gather portraits that are somehow this or that NPC-esque for you.

These portraits can only come within the sourcing rules, and not in multiple threads.
    biffyclanger
    Yeah ok sry thx for the clarification. I am having a hard time finding the source of my some of my images will get onto it tomorrow when i have more time.
    Rodrian said:

Ahh @biffyclanger, I forgot to mention about the most important thing:

If you want to post someone's art/portraits etc. on this forum, make sure to familiarize yourself with this thread about *sourcing policy*.

Cool I didn't know about the image search function in google that is awesome!