Skip to content

Powerful items early on.

Started afresh solo F\M\T run. Besides Ring of the princes, evermemory and ankheg plate what could be obtained early (lvl.1) right out of Candlekeep without much effort?

Comments

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Break into the manor house in Beregost for a wand of lightning (and an invisibility potion) upstairs.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Don't forget Bassilus and all of his goodies.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Valuable gems (star sapphire and emerald) upstairs in Winthrop's inn. Might need full investment in open locks.
    Cloudkill scroll, one area below Nashkel mines in a hole. Makes the bandit camp a breeze.
    Also, in the Nashkel carnival, loot the chests in the tent with the red/violet potion merchant and stealth out. You'll get quite a few nifty potions.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Put all initial thief skills into set traps and you can kill drizzt at level 1 if you lay 7 traps near him for 2 +3 scimitars.

Also a ring of fire resistance east of Nashkel Mines stuck in the cliffs.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Necklace of Missiles purchased at the Nashkel Carnival
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    Wow, guys, thanks. I've forgotten most of it though.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Have one more: Greywolf is a relatively easy opponent in the Nashkel Mines area who drops the best Long Sword in the game (Varscona +2).
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Ring of Wizardy, hidden outside of Friendly Amn Inn.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    O_Bruce said:

Ring of Wizardy, hidden outside of Friendly Amn Inn.

that's what ever memory is :)

• gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2016
    Kill the ogrillion at the SSE of Beregrost and return to Bjornin at Jovial Jugger for a Medium Shield +1. Also South of Beregrost there is a boot of stealth. Turn the boot over the Zhurlong and kill him to retrieve the boot (Free XP and No penalty lost)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Kill the ogrillion at the SSE of Beregrost and return to Bjornin at Jovial Jugger for a Medium Shield +1. Also South of Beregrost there is a boot of stealth. Turn the boot over the Zhurlong and kill him to retrieve the boot (Free XP and No penalty lost)

Actually you need to kill a bunch of half-ogres. The ogrillons are at S of Beregost and they hold the letter to Miriam.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2016
    Raduziel said:

Actually you need to kill a bunch of half-ogres. The ogrillons are at S of Beregost and they hold the letter to Miriam.
    Yes my mistake I meant half ogre.. anyway they were doable for a lvl 1 party.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541

Also possible to Pickpocket Bjornin's +1Med Shld before completing the Quest in Drzzt map.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Talk to the vender at Durlags buy a few potions of thievery and go snag Drizzts swords. Or set 7 traps and lure that drow filth into them, usually is enough to insta kill him.

Use friends on Candlekeep Yuppis and tell them to lock up their jewelry (probably need to cast Friends first) then open the chest upstairs for 1,500 gold in jewelry.

Firebead will give you 300 GP if you talk to him 30 times in a row and then wait beside him for 10 seconds.

Kill Ulcaster ghost with dagger of venom for robes of the neutral arch mage.

BTW what stats did you get? I've rolled forever and my triple class elf cant get above 92!
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Lateralus said:

Talk to the vender at Durlags buy a few potions of thievery and go snag Drizzts swords. Or set 7 traps and lure that drow filth into them, usually is enough to insta kill him.

Use friends on Candlekeep Yuppis and tell them to lock up their jewelry (probably need to cast Friends first) then open the chest upstairs for 1,500 gold in jewelry.

Firebead will give you 300 GP if you talk to him 30 times in a row and then wait beside him for 10 seconds.

BTW what stats did you get? I've rolled forever and my triple class elf cant get above 92!

Can't pickpocket Drizzt anymore.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Wowo said:

Lateralus said:

What since when? Oh well I guess you just gotta insta kill him.

BTW to the OP get the Greenstone Amulet as early as possible, best item in the game.
  • tuldor88tuldor88 Member Posts: 11
    Lateralus said:

Really? I look at his dialog and don't see anything that ;)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    This Firebead thing never worked for me.
    edited February 2016
    Because it is an "urban legend" that the same as possibility of getting into the palace through the sewers in Baldur's Gate or bonus to saving throws from hight widsom...
    Everything of them are bullshit but you can find them in few game guide :)
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Actually the Firebeard trick still works in ee. Talk to him and get the quest. Then talk to him exactly 29 more times and wait. You will get 300 gold.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @tuldor88 said:

Because it is an "urban legend" that the same as possibility of getting into the palace through the sewers in Baldur's Gate or bonus to saving throws from hight widsom...
    Everything of them are bullshit but you can find them in few game guide :)

It's true. I've done it once. Although never bothered again.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Lateralus said:

Wowo said:

Lateralus said:

What since when? Oh well I guess you just gotta insta kill him.

BTW to the OP get the Greenstone Amulet as early as possible, best item in the game.
    Drizzt in BGEE actually wields his scimitars (in the original game, the scimitars were in his inventory and he wielded special undroppable weapons). You cannot pickpocket a weapon that is equipped (or armor that is worn).
    edited February 2016
    JLee said:

Actually the Firebeard trick still works in ee. Talk to him and get the quest. Then talk to him exactly 29 more times and wait. You will get 300 gold.

I don't know what version you have but I just tested it on BGEE v1.3 and talked to him 40 times - without any effect :)

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Kilivitz said:

Have one more: Greywolf is a relatively easy opponent in the Nashkel Mines area who drops the best Long Sword in the game (Varscona +2).

There are a few good longswords. There's the Anti-Undead one (The Harrower I think) and that one from Durlag's Tower (which works against the UberWolf) but for general use you're right.