Skip to content

Items to keep going into ToB

biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
There are so many random items in this game its difficult to keep track of what is important.
I've been hording them in my Stronghold for the odd chance I might need them.

I know about the golden and silver pantaloons should take with me. What about EE items like the mechanical bird and Dings the cat, Silk and the Iron Rod etc??? Should I keep all that junk?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You definitely should take the bird.

But the tomb items are only useful within the tomb.© by @LiamEsler

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/24731/anyone-find-a-use-for-dings-mechanical-bird-ect

Also, I usually store everything (including all +2 and more items) in my bag of holding, just in case :)
    biffyclangersemiticgoddess
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Mechanical bird you should definitely keep, it has a role in ToB.
    Dings the cat you must keep, both Tethyr and Amn have very severe laws concerning abandoning animals... It has no role AFAIK in ToB, but abandoning a cat ain't nice, that's basicallt a choice I make depending on my alignment (if not Evil I keep it)
    you can dump the iron bar
    JuliusBorisovbiffyclangerwoowoovoodoo
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    edited January 2016
    @gorgonzola that is ingenious :)!
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddess
    Thx guys guess that bird stays and rods can go.
    JuliusBorisov
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864

@gorgonzola that is ingenious :)!

If you want a more ingenuity, for free, but keep the secret, don't tell it to your friends :wink: , take this one:

I've been hording them in my Stronghold for the odd chance I might need them.

Better stuff them in an easy access container, like the 2 just south of CC, you move to Slums and in a matter of seconds you are there. I often use them, 1 for useful items that in that moment I don't need, as I don't like to look through the BoH for hours when I need something, the other for the junk that maybe one day....
    Easy container management :smile:
    Belive me or not you are the only one that look in containers in your game, even in an area like slums your stuff will be safe also if not locked in a container of your personal Planar Sphere (that party need 5 min to reach).
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    In tob there are two huge empty boxes near the spirit gate of pocket plane. I stuff most junk there.
    gorgonzolaNotabarbiegirl
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I keep all my SoA junk in the cupboards on the right hand wall just inside Adventurer's Mart - handy for when you're stocking up to go off on a quest and realise you might actually need a particular wardstone or whatever.
    edited January 2016
    For RP reasons I use the Planarsphere it just breaks immersion for me if I dump stuff in the street. Before Planar Sphere I used to put it on the table next to Minsc and have Valgar and Wilson stand guard lol. If two scary rangers and a bear won't scare commoners and Shadows Thieves from stealing my junk thenn nothing will :). Edwin is the lookout of course but I have reservations about his trustworthiness...
    JuliusBorisovNotabarbiegirl
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

You can store everithing you are not shure about in some container in WK, as it is the only area you can access from both games.

One drawback of storing your items in WK : you can't access them until you go out of Saradush.
    gorgonzolaJuliusBorisovbiffyclangerNotabarbiegirl
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @biffyclanger, I also had those RP concerns before. Now, after so many trips to the sphere (I started playng something like 15 years ago...), going through the Slums, entering the sphere and reaching the container, I am become lazy and bored and I stuff things somewhere I can reach in a matter of seconds.
    biffyclanger