Skip to content

F/M/T and Bodhi

Quick question, can a F/M/T join Bodhi in BG2EE or will she lock you out of that decision because you're a thief?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2016
    If by "join Bodhi" you mean have her join your party then that shouldn't be a problem.
  • DiableristDiablerist Member Posts: 16
    I meant choose her help instead of the Shadow Thieves.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    elminster said:

If by "join Bodhi" you mean have her join your party then that shouldn't be a problem.

Wat.
  • DiableristDiablerist Member Posts: 16
    bump
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I don't think as a thief you automatically join the Shadow Thieves. I'm not 100% though.
  • jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    If you're Thief, no Bodhi. F/M/T still has a T in it, so go figure
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Only single-classed thieves are unable to side with Bodhi. Any multi-class can side with her, even those with thief levels. I have sided with Bodhi multiple times as multi-classed thieves and there has been no problem. Only when I was playing a single-class did she refuse to make the offer.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

Only single-classed thieves are unable to side with Bodhi. Any multi-class can side with her, even those with thief levels. I have sided with Bodhi multiple times as multi-classed thieves and there has been no problem. Only when I was playing a single-class did she refuse to make the offer.

Did you already have a Thief stronghold before doing, so, though?
  • ZalsonZalson Member Posts: 103
    My fighter-thief had the Thief stronghold, then he joined Bodhi's guild. Not sure if I kept the stronghold afterward. At that point, the character didn't care.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited January 2016
    Zalson said:

My fighter-thief had the Thief stronghold, then he joined Bodhi's guild. Not sure if I kept the stronghold afterward. At that point, the character didn't care.

Yes, you keep the stronghold.
    After getting it you can even kill Renal without losing it ;)
    @Abi_Dalzim: No idea. But it shouldn't matter either way.

@Abi_Dalzim: No idea. But it shouldn't matter either way.

Kind of surreal, given how the most logical (albeit Doylist) reason for Bodhi to retract her offer would be so as not to conflict with your running a Shadow Thief franchise.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2016
    In addition to single class thieves, a character dualed TO a thief class cannot join Bodhi's guild either, unless the levels from the starting non-thief class have been reactivated.

If the player duals to a thief from a fighter, for example, the character will be treated as a single class thief by bodhi until the fighter levels have been reactivated.

This is only a problem when dualing TO a thief. It is not an issue if dualing FROM a thief class. A dualed theif-->[2nd class] is treated as a single class [2nd class] until the reactivation of the thief levels, then treated as a multiclass when the dual is complete.

You can also keep the thief stronghold, however Renal will no longer be present if you side with Bodhi. He and his lackeys will disappear, but he will still demand his dues and the thief guild will still drop you if you don't pay him. Since it becomes impossible to find him or talk to him after siding with Bodhi, the thief stronghold will be lost no matter what.

That's the way it works in my game, anyway.
    edited February 2016
    sluckers said:

Since it becomes impossible to find him or talk to him after siding with Bodhi, the thief stronghold will be lost no matter what.

That's the way it works in my game, anyway.

You never pay Renal directly. He sends a thief at your stronghold to receive the payment.
    I don't see how can you lose it...

You never pay Renal directly. He sends a thief at your stronghold to receive the payment.
    I don't see how can you lose it...

He said Renal and his lackeys disappear, so I assume that includes the Quartermaster. I've never tried to side with Bodhi as a Thief, so I wouldn't know.
    @Abi_Dalzim ?
    He said that since Renal disappears, the thief stronghold is lost and I corrected him explaining that Renal has nothing to do with your stronghold after you get it.
    As I said in a previous post, you can even kill him, it changes nothing ;)

@Abi_Dalzim ?
    He said that since Renal disappears, the thief stronghold is lost and I corrected him explaining that Renal has nothing to do with your stronghold after you get it.
    As I said in a previous post, you can even kill him, it changes nothing ;)

Seems to work differently for him, I guess. But surely you can't keep it if the guy you're supposed to pay periodically disappears? Again, that's part of my interpretation of what he described.
    edited February 2016
    @Abi_Dalzim
    It works like this: Renal gives you the stronghold, THEN has nothing more to do with it on a mere script level.
    There is only ONE npc you have to pay and you can find it in your guild.
    Your guild is not influenced by any event that takes place outside of it.
    If Irenicus should even drop a nuclear bomb on Renal's house while he's taking a bath, it wouldn't change the fact that you can keep your stronghold by simply paying that one guy as you always did.

EDIT: I may agree that it doesn't make much sense, but that's how it worked and still works now.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited February 2016
    These are the conditions to continue the dialog:
    Global("BodhiAppear","GLOBAL",1)
    !Global("WorkingForAran","GLOBAL",1)
    !Class(Player1,THIEF)
    Global("BodhiMove","LOCALS",0)
    PartyGoldGT(14999)
    Player1 is charname, "!" is the logical NOT, the rest is self-explanatory.
    A class for a multi-class has its own code and it is not "THIEF". Your FMT can deal with Bodhi.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    elminster said:

O_O can Bodhi be in the party without modding? ?_?

@Bubbles: Only with CTRL-Q.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    edited February 2016
    All shadow thief presence in Athkatla is destroyed by assaulting their guild. This includes the quartermaster, or at least it did for me. Even before destroying the guild, they break off all ties to you and those you meet in the street turn red upon first sight (like the guy standing out front by the door).

The timer also keeps running in the Underdark. I received a warning of my late dues to Renal while there, and then a notification that I had lost the guild as well. If the quartermaster is still supposed to show up, though, then you'd best be very fast through the underdark in order to keep the guild and make it back in time. All in all a rather tedious and nonsensical way to keep the guild and pay a master who no longer lives or is in the city.

Not worth it, I think, since the Underdark is worth spending time in.

Unless that running timer was also a bug and you're supposed to get an allowance for being decidedly 'out of the country'... like with filing your taxes.

• BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @semiticgod
    Oh .. learn something new everyday ^^.
    Must try it someday and send Bodhi to do tanking jobs xD feed her to the Shadow Dragon xD.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I think that the trip through chapters 3-5 (6?) is already much longer than the time between payments so you will lose the guild when you leave no matter what you do (boat plus travels).