Skip to content

BGEE / SOD "Item Replacement" Fun Pack (v2.1 completed)

Comments

• wsmithjrwsmithjr Member Posts: 50
    Would be interested to see a WEIDU version so I can add this to other mods.
    toolargCrevsDaak
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @gattberserk How well this mod goes with Item Revision?
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    It goes pretty well, to a point I start redoing this mod again for SoD after taking a FULL year break.

What I did was to simply port over the override files using ModMerge for SoD, and slowly reassign a new dialogue index for the item description.

I did some minor changes which I will show in a while. Still trying around.
    edited February 2017
    This is some update to the original mod I was working on:

Latest Update (still working):
    1) Added Cloak of Dampening (New Item)
    2) Added Ring of Fire Control
    3) Replaced Orc Leather +3 with Ammo Belt
    4) Replace Wakisashi +2 with +1 version
    5) Buffed Girdle of Fortitude (Set to 18 Con once Equipped)
    6) Ulcaster Academy Ring has been slightly nerfed. Different name to separate it out from the OG version.
    7) Polish Item Lore for the remaining new items.

P.S: I need help to convert to Weidu, Anyone willing to help on this?
    lolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

I can help you if you want. Just tell me where to start/what should I convert.
    lolien
    edited February 2017
    CrevsDaak said:

I can help you if you want. Just tell me where to start/what should I convert.
    Hmmm will sending you the override files (with only items for this mod) be of any use?

By converting to WeiDu mod does it means everything have to start to scratch?

Post edited by gattberserk on
    edited February 2017
    Anyway currently I have yet to complete my first SoD run. I will change and update SoD content as I go along. Unfortunately like BGEE, SoD have repetitive unique items again.

Repeated Item:
    Extra RoP+2
    Extra GoWE (Seriously, 3 of the same gloves in original BGEE+SoD?)

I am already working to edit some items from above. This time round the plan will be to replace the above items with something slightly more powerful (suitable for SoD power level but not too OP).

1) Replace RoP+2 with new ring (Self create, similar but slightly more powerful)
    2) Replace GoWE with GoES (from ToB, more expensive price)
    3) Add in Ring of Acuity to Nazramu store. (Item value will be tripled to 12K gp)

P.S: GoES is definitely very powerful considering its from ToB near end-game content, however since I have removed 2x GoWE, its pretty reasonable to exchange 2 gloves for one and it provide a more unique item collection / progression. Extra 1/2 APS definitely wont break the game, considering you are unable to hit level 13 for Warriors.

lolien
    edited February 2017
    Anyway just showing the items I have modified and come up with

For BGEE items I have attached those new/modified one below.

P.S: Any input is highly appreciated :)
    Grammarsaladlolien
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Just seeing this cool project!

I'm looking forward to checking it out.

One question: is it compatible with item revisions:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26482&page=1#

Just seeing this cool project!

I'm looking forward to checking it out.

One question: is it compatible with item revisions:
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26482&page=1#

That thread is back in 2014 before SOD was launch. You might want to check if its compatible with SOD first.

While most likely my items wont affect much, the dialogue in the chintin.key will be messed up, therefore creating all sort of funny text.

You might to install this mod first and try before adding in mine.
    edited February 2017

BIGGEST UPDATE (10th FEB)

Upgraded Morentherene from a JUVENILE to a MATURE ADULT GREEN DRAGON

HD: 20
    HP: 230
    AC: -10 (effective)
    THAC0: -5 (nerf from -10)
    Damage: 2d8+5, extra +10 from STR (Claw)
    Dragon Breath: 14D6 (Save vs. Breath for halved)
    DR: 10%
    MR: 40%
    Saving Throws: 2/4/2/3/4

EXP: 26000

Using a old AD&D monster guide I had, I roughly upgraded Morentherene close to a mature adult stats. The battle challenge (and fun) exponentially went up. But it was possible to defeat without any casualty on my party of 6 (NEED TO STACK TONS OF BUFF/HEAL POTIONS/SPELLS). I even tried on insane level and it was possible as long as my CHARNAME doesnt die.

Here is a SS of my defeat of the difficult dragon.

JuliusBorisovRaduziel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    gattberserklolien
    Thanks for the advice. I am already getting it convert to WeiDU with ppl's help. :)
    edited February 2017
    Hi guys! Thanks for the support. This mod is officially completed! With WeiDU and proper setup.exe!

Refer to my first post for my download link!
    lolien
    edited February 2017
    Here is some SS of my character after completing SOD with my mod. :smiley:

Once again, download link is provided at my first post. ;)

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Interesting changes. Would you consider introducing the cloak of dampening into BG2ee?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited February 2017

Wait:

3) Replaced Orc Leather +3 with Ammo Belt

Does this mod reduce the number of decent light armors in the game? (Because I need me some good light armor.)

Or is it that there was a double of the Orc Learher?
    No, I added them into the game a year ago before SOD came out, but now with leather armor like Green dragon scale I remove them since I guess its fine without.

Dont worry, I never remove anything from the original games unless its was duplicated.
    lolien
    edited February 2017
    Hi guys, I discover a bug for Belt of skillful blade where the 10% slashing didnt work.

I have corrected it and change the version to 2.1. Thank you

lolien

Interesting changes. Would you consider introducing the cloak of dampening into BG2ee?

Hi, I wouldnt do that for several reasons.

In BG2EE context, having PDR will be considered too OP.

Dwarven Defender has a innate 20% PDR at lv 20. there is a mace that give +20% (you can use it as offhand). There is Guardian Devil (not sure if its in BG2EE) and Helm of Dumathonin.

It will be way too OP for DD especially if they use their defensive Stance.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
    edited February 2017
    I might be planning for some more future update or changes.

Some of the plans are (but not finalised):

1) Introducing another set of tome / manual in SOD (Except wisdom)
    2) A new unique non-enchanted armor
    3) A new shield
    4) A moonblade dagger that is usable by all

BGEE:

1) Fixed a situation where Boot of the North is not given by Jared if reputation is mid/low (revert to OG BG)
    2) Fixed a situation where Drienna will only reward +1 reputation if your reputation is high (revert to OG BG)
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited May 2018
    - Deleted -
    StummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
    edited March 2017
    I think I did something fun during my testing phase. I design a new weapon that is inspired from Xan's moonblade but made it alot more powerful

The impact which shake the ground (due to Critical Hit) and detonate into a full fireball was amazing. That critical hit really have that "wow" feel to it.

I was thinking if I should include this to the game, would it be too OP to have this around?
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    @gattberserk
    Hope that you still get notifications from the forum? Can see that it has been a year since your last visit...

Version 2.5 is almost on us, and I hope to use your mod on a iPhone real soon. If it still works? You had some plans for added content, that I hope you will have the time to add. Hopefully
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @gattberserk A Moonblade usable by all is a great lore heresy. And by the description it sounds kind of OP.

But it is your baby :)
    edited April 2018
    Hi guys, it been a while since I came here, well unfortunately a year ago my HDD died and I decided to overhaul a new PC altogether, sadly all the mod I been testing on have been wiped out and I have stopped since then.

While I am able to still get the Weidu version at the first post, I realised the dialogue.tlk doesnt really work properly for some reason.

Upon digging all my thumbdrive, the latest most complete version I had was v2.0. I would see if I have anytime to do anything for this mod again.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
    edited April 2018
    -Issued resolved after installing Modmerge-
    Raduziel said:

@gattberserk A Moonblade usable by all is a great lore heresy. And by the description it sounds kind of OP.

But it is your baby :)

I agree, but its was just a testing phase back then and it might not be a moonblade at the end but a extremely powerful weapon. I wanted it to become an icon to the game, aka the "Crom Faeyer" of SOD.

Anyway its not finalised and it will be nerf down to some extent. But its existence is created to be the only 1 handed weapon that is stronger than Twinkle +3 (In BGEE+SOD).

And you guessed it, it won't be dual-weldable with Drizzt weapon. This weapon is not usable by Good alignment Char.

Rough Idea was:

This blade is at first a +2 weapon, obtained by killing DemonKnight in TotSC, and can be upgraded to a +3 with some unique crafting material.

lolienStummvonBordwehrRaduziel
    edited April 2018
    Alright I am replaying BGEE+SOD with my current Fun-pack mod, and make certain adjustment. I will be finalising everything, and will do a final update to my current mod (thus it will mark the end of the project for good)

Changes In progress for 2018:

BGEE:

1) Fixed the 6 general stores in BG City to allow bolts to be sold.
    2) Hunter Ring is replaced by Mercykiller ring (BG2EE) in FAI spoiler cache.
    3) Ghost knight in Firewine dungeon will now reward you the small shield of Rapidity

SOD:

1) Remove Mithral Full Plate, (revert back to normal FPA)
    2) Finalising the location on the new set of tombs / manual (Total 5 of them excluding tome of wisdom)
    3) Some items reshuffling in Dragon Cave (BD0710)
    4) Nazaram store will include Aegis Hide +3 & Tuigan Bow +1, Removed Small Shield of Rapidity
    5) Adding crafting to upgrade Shield of Rapidity.
    6) Introduce not 1, but 3 different epic weapon (Long sword/ninjato/warhammer) that are based on 3 different element of Fire/Cold/Lightning. All 3 are designed to be stronger than Twinkle +3 after upgrade. However for game balancing you can only choose 1 to craft as all they require "glove of strength", which is an unique item.

Hellfire +3 (Requires Glove of Strength, Ring of Fire Resistance)
    Varscona +3 (Requires Glove of Strength, Sable Cloak)
    Ashideena +3 (Requires Glove of Strength, Boot of grounding)

Note (1): These 3 new items will not affect the story or the lore of Char_name in BG2EE, as it can be assumed Char_name choose Hellfire to upgrade, but during Irenicus capture the ninjato was either removed or destroyed. Hence getting the +2 untouched version of Ashideena or Varscona in BG2EE is expected.

Note (2): Dual wielding Hellfire +3 & either one of Drizzt weapon will not be mandatory as the combat shield of rapidity will be far more beneficial to be used as off-hand item. thus, Drizzt item will finally be considered "obsolete" in SOD and you are no longer compelled to kill Drizzt early in BGEE.
    StummvonBordwehrGusindaRaduziel