Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] v3.2 Dorn romance expansion for BGII:EE

124»

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 688
    thanks guys! happy to know somebody is still playing this mod :)

Ryz009
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 90
    Hi @trinit

I've made it my mission to (one day) go through all of the currently available romances for the Bioware NPCs (which with the BG1 NPC project, EE characters and mods is like 30 :# ) and I'm going to install this mod. I like to plan my characters in advance, so I have a quick question about the romance - thematically, is it possible in the dialogue to role-play a kind of not-necessarily-evil-just-weak-willed CHARNAME who's seduced by Dorn's power and confidence? Or is it better to go with someone who's as gung-ho about killing as he is? I tried the standard Dorn romance years ago and can't remember much about it.

Mirandel
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,627
    Hi @trinit

I've made it my mission to (one day) go through all of the currently available romances for the Bioware NPCs (which with the BG1 NPC project, EE characters and mods is like 30 :# ) and I'm going to install this mod. I like to plan my characters in advance, so I have a quick question about the romance - thematically, is it possible in the dialogue to role-play a kind of not-necessarily-evil-just-weak-willed CHARNAME who's seduced by Dorn's power and confidence? Or is it better to go with someone who's as gung-ho about killing as he is? I tried the standard Dorn romance years ago and can't remember much about it.

thats a large project. i have only done: isra's, xan's, neera's, and corwin's.

megamike15 wrote: »
    thats a large project. i have only done: isra's, xan's, neera's, and corwin's.

I originally planned to play through the whole saga (BG all the way to ToB) for all of the runs, to really immerse myself in the roleplay... but I think that would be too much, even for me :sweat_smile: I've also started the bad habit of creating new soundsets for each new PC to give them distinct characters, which doesn't exactly speed up the process!

megamike15
    @energisedcamel hey there, hope im not too late with my response :)

you don't have to be chaotic evil to romance dorn and different types of evil charnames are viable. being excited about killing is also not necessary and a neutral character that has no problems with a bit of evil should blend in.

dorn's romance is a bit of a push and pull and through the course of it you have an opportunity to direct him a bit (he will never be neutral or good though). so there is not a lot of space for someone weak willed, more like different minded.

that said, evil charname will probably be best. myself i prefer going lawful route if i play evil (which admittedly, i don't, but i make exception for dorn).

energisedcamel
  • marcnivarmarcnivar Member Posts: 132
    I know EE NPC like Dorn or Neera almost do not have interjections with non-party member NPC / quests NPC like the original NPC or MOD npc did. I would like to ask, does this MOD add interjections for Dorn so that he talk with other NPC as much as the original NPC?

@marcnivar the mod does add a few interjections with non party members, especially in TOB (watchers keep and few encounters) but not a lot

marcnivar
    trinit wrote: »
    @energisedcamel hey there, hope im not too late with my response :)

you don't have to be chaotic evil to romance dorn and different types of evil charnames are viable. being excited about killing is also not necessary and a neutral character that has no problems with a bit of evil should blend in.

dorn's romance is a bit of a push and pull and through the course of it you have an opportunity to direct him a bit (he will never be neutral or good though). so there is not a lot of space for someone weak willed, more like different minded.

that said, evil charname will probably be best. myself i prefer going lawful route if i play evil (which admittedly, i don't, but i make exception for dorn).

Good to know! I think I'll go for someone who is attracted to Dorn because they're weak-willed and scared in BG1, but who slowly realises their power and becomes more self-assured (and evil) throughout the series. Thank you!

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 573
    @trinit Quick bug report in Watcher's Keep. One of the GORAPP1 10 interjections breaks the chain in SOA.

It looks like you forgot to change the dialogue file from DORN25J to DORNJ for the less than chapter 8 global. So if you go to Watcher's Keep in SOA with Dorn in your party, the line can't trigger.

@Ratatoskr thanks for the report! I'll check it out as soon as i can