Skip to content

The news I read today finally made me install the Enhanced Edition

I woke up this morning and read the news that David Gaider has been hired by Beamdog. I realized that holy moly, this can only mean that Beamdog means business and they're making new content!

I bought both BG:EE and BG2:EE over a year ago on Steam. Today I finally installed them. It seems that Jaina - my Charname - will return to Sword Coast after long last.

In the past I've been a very active member of the modding and arting and fanfictioning and general gaming/fan community of the Baldur's Gate saga. I feel very nostalgic to finally restart it - and I'm looking forward to the new content and characters that Beamdog has introduced.

It feels nice to be back with the Baldur's Gate community, and nice to have a fresh start with Beamdog.

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Welcome :)
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Welcome! I didn't know the old BG community, but i think there are quite some old face here, if you look around. What i know, that you can find nice people here on the forum wherever you go. Speaking of Beamdog: it was obvious from some time now, that they are serious about new content, but the recent news are good confirmation of that nonetheless.
  • IlmatarIlmatar Member Posts: 6
    Thanks lolien! I'll keep my eye out for familiar usernames. ;)
    lolien said:

Speaking of Beamdog: it was obvious from some time now, that they are serious about new content, but the recent news are good confirmation of that nonetheless.

Yeah, I've been kind of keeping and eye on Beamdog for a while now, but it's funny how one thing can just turn you around completely. Now I'd better get playing so I'll have everything about BG in fresh memory when we start getting news of something new (I hope)!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Welcome to the forum, here's your :cookie:!
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited February 2016
    One of the more interesting comments from @Bengoshi as Siege of Dragonspear approaches suggesting some Charname developments. At least IMHO. I assume you have noted the Baldurs Gate: Siege of Dragonspear topic heading in the index
    <---- [at left] Cheers!