Skip to content

The Ultimate Temptation Test: My diabolical idea for a Carsomyr/Pale Justice type weapon

2»

Comments

• mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @booinyoureyes
    How would you feel if I wanted to include this in a mod? I have always had the idea about the fallen paladin turned blackguard, but have never been able to produce a plot-hook.
    I am pretty busy, and don't know much about modding. But if I was able to make something and turn it into a mod to be published, I wouldn't want you to feel as though I had ripped your idea.
    I don't have any P&P friends to DM around here, so maybe modding it into BG2EE would be a good idea.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    In order to drive the Paladin towards the weapon (greater-good option), you could have the Demon reveal themselves at various points... attacking the party and causing grievous harm (perhaps mowing down the odd lovable-but-non-essential NPC) whilst being impervious to all harm.

In reality it's only toying with them, but the party believes that they are being hunted and that the MacGuffin is the only way to strike back.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    abacus said:

In order to drive the Paladin towards the weapon (greater-good option), you could have the Demon reveal themselves at various points... attacking the party and causing grievous harm (perhaps mowing down the odd lovable-but-non-essential NPC) whilst being impervious to all harm.

In reality it's only toying with them, but the party believes that they are being hunted and that the MacGuffin is the only way to strike back.

If the Paladin still refuses to yield to temptation, their God could step in and grant them a Quest Spell type ability... maybe something along the lines of the Priest of Helm's Seeking Sword... With which they can defeat the demon.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

@booinyoureyes
    How would you feel if I wanted to include this in a mod? I have always had the idea about the fallen paladin turned blackguard, but have never been able to produce a plot-hook.
    I am pretty busy, and don't know much about modding. But if I was able to make something and turn it into a mod to be published, I wouldn't want you to feel as though I had ripped your idea.
    I don't have any P&P friends to DM around here, so maybe modding it into BG2EE would be a good idea.

@mashedtaters Please go ahead! I would be honored if anything!

@abacus Wonderful idea! That would be perfect. I will likely implement this when we eventually start.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @booinyoureyes
    Thanks, I just started. You know how it is, though. No promises.