Skip to content

Pillars of Eternity (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2013
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Dwarf Fighter is my standard for every first round of a fantasy game. Drugar will be thrust into another adventure!

After that, whatever class I find most interesting from my previous playthrough.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    I'm deliberately avoiding looking into anything about it. Just waiting for my link/key/whatever to the digital copy to show up when they start giving out the kickstarter rewards.

I'd rather go in blind aside from perusing the manual for the basics.
    edited September 2013
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    The prison idea made me all giddy, I hope you get the ability to taunt them.
    Also, I'm giving them three minutes before somebody requests a torture chamber.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Took a bit longer than three minutes.

"And it took... one hour and three minutes for someone to ask about torture. I'm glad I didn't make a bet on that; I'd have said five hours at the very least."
    -Tamerlane
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    "You will be offered the stronghold early in the game, before you finish Act 1."

Hmmm.. Seems pretty early in a player's career to be given real estate. Normally, Act I heroes are still fedexing packages and killing rats and bats and goblins.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Well, maybe the Act 1 "stronghold" will just be a little hut in the middle of nowhere, that you'll need to gradually work up into something more manageable?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Chow said:

Well, maybe the Act 1 "stronghold" will just be a little hut in the middle of nowhere, that you'll need to gradually work up into something more manageable?

Could be, but on the other hand it isn't some kind of ultimate RPG rule that the player character must start in rags.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited September 2013

I wonder if you can choose not to have a stronghold. I'm sure it'll be fancy and all... but who always wants that responsibility every game? In BG2 I usually dislike getting called back to deal with stronghold quests.

This is why you should always play a druid. Two fairly easy stronghold quests, very little resting time involved, and you never have to go back there again :p

edited September 2013
    edited September 2013
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Eh, I don't think it's that big of a deal having some features exclusive to having a strong hold. If you don't want to take the time to deal with a stronghold then I think it's fair that you miss out on some goodies, the same way as you would miss out on a reward if you don't take the time to do a quest.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    If anyone is curious to see a kind of personal look behind one of their graphic/environment artists...

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64399-update-64-developer-qa-with-kaz/
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    I pre-ordered the $250 physical goods tier, looking forward to it coming out. That and BG II: EE, will be a good year for gaming.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Maybe they have an invisible thief on the other side of the door to show what's happening?
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    Maybe one of the characters has such a good Listen skill he can see like bats :D
    Or maybe it is some magical ability that lets them see to the other side :)
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Wow I just heard about this, pretty cool stuff! Can't believe they already rasied 4 million! just wow.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    definitely a bgesque vibe to that underground screenshot