Skip to content

BlackRazor

SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
I've got a question about players who get this weapon in BG2EE. Is this sword still working like disintegration after drain all levels from enemy? I mean is it destroying all loot?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited February 2016
    When a creature is killed by level drain, there is a good chance it will go poof:turn into ash and dissolve from the negative energy, along with the items he carries. Technically it is not disintegrate effect but the end result is the same. It is the same for all spells/items and monsters that drain levels.

In pnp, once a lvl draining creature slays a living being, the victim is doomed to rise as a spawn of the monster that killed him. This is scary, as a wraith/spectre or vampire can decimate a normal non-hero human being (lvl 0 or 1) with a single touch, and will spawn another of its own. The victim is irreversibly gone, raise/res won't work, only a wish or quest may restore the doomed character. I guess that is one way of implementing it in the game. (without the wish/quest aspect)
    Grum
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    I do not agree. Body should turn into ash but not the items creature carries. The sword is draining from the creatures soul and flash, why this has impact on weapons, armor and other staff. Disintegration spell I understand. But when it comes to level drain it should only affect body, not inventory.
    DaevelonThacoBell
    Tresset said:

Yes, death by level drain does still destroy loot...

BUT there is a catch! If you turn off the "Gore" setting then all forms of loot destruction in the game are blocked! This includes from disintegration, petrification, cold damage, and level drain. It will not prevent loss of loot due to Imprisonment however.

Too bad it still destroy loot :neutral:

But thank you, didn't know that "Gore" setting affects that. If I turn it off that's not cheating right? :tongue:
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited February 2016
    I find it nice visually, and threatening game play wise. In horror movies, like The Pulse and The Haunted Hill, the shadowy-wispy evil ghost things (like a wraith or spectre) embrace their victims, and the victims scream and dissolve into ash. But not like burned. More like, rotted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    So, I assume, we should expect to repair that in 1.4 BG2EE .
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    That would be a safe assumption, but not a guarantee that it will happen.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    So has the bug been fixed in 2.3 ??
    SikorskyAerakar
    I am also curious.
    Aerakar