Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    What differences do you see?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    edited March 2016
    The SoD cloth map is correct. Comparing it to the BG map from the original game Durlag's Tower is in exactly the same position. Good to see it's the same as the original game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    I am aware of the other map you've indicated as I have a couple of the boxed copies of the original game. I don't mind Ulgoth's Beard being off the map as Dragonspear has been added and Ulgoth's Beard wouldn't be in that position.

As you've said, it really depends on what you feel is correct. I'm happy with how the map has turned out.
  • KelvrynKelvryn Member Posts: 44
    I've got my CE preordered and it will have plenty of friends. :)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I usually get the CE of a game that I want if they have one. Except Fallout 4, those bastards.
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    edited March 2016
    Personally, I thought the shipping price was too steep. I bought it anyway, but I'm not sure I understand how it can be that expensive to ship to EU.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited March 2016
    I just checked on Amazon.com (USA) and for the BG 4 in 1 box set they charge £24 shipping to the UK (plus £6 for the cost of the game).
  • marelookemarelooke Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    Sorry folks but $130 is already damn steep for this CE imho but I was still seriously considering it as I've been wanting more BG for a looong time, but I'm sorry $45 shipping on top of that charge is just ridiculous and puts the whole thing out of the question (and then there's the risk of additional customs charges to boot).
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Member Posts: 24
    I'd love to get the collecters box, but with the current £ to $ exchange rate, postage costs to the UK and inevitable 5% import duty on box and postage cost + 20% VAT on the total then another £12 to the Post Office for paying the import duties for me it's a no go, as I'd be looking at £168.42 ($237.47 ) in total.
  • dancingcrabdancingcrab Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2016
    The SoD cloth map is correct. Comparing it to the BG map from the original game Durlag's Tower is in exactly the same position. Good to see it's the same as the original game.
    I am aware of the other map you've indicated as I have a couple of the boxed copies of the original game. I don't mind Ulgoth's Beard being off the map as Dragonspear has been added and Ulgoth's Beard wouldn't be in that position.

As you've said, it really depends on what you feel is correct. I'm happy with how the map has turned out.

Considering they've changed the location of the tower in the latest beta, where do you stand on map correctness now that the original paper map, the EE map (beta) and the SoD CE cloth map all have different locations?

The in-game maps are contrivances and I think it makes sense that the map icons are placed to provide some spatial context, but primarily with ease of use and convinience in mind (like the London Underground map). I would prefer the CE map to be more honest to the source material. After all, Beamdog are very proud of how much they've tapped WotC to ensure AD&D 2nd Forgotten Realms lore remains consistent (per the second issue of The Familiar). That should carry through to the map.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited March 2016
    Our fulfilment company is in California, so all orders will ship from the US.
    I live in California mwuahahaah~ guess who's gonna be one of the first to get theirs'. Sorry had to brag a little carry on y'all :)
  • IsobelIsobel Member Posts: 13
    I thought I read somewhere that if I already had BG:EE and bought the Collector's Edition that I would be able to gift my extra copy of BG:EE. Does anyone know if this is true? There is no games in my Giftable Games tab on the Beamdog website..
    Isobel said:

I thought I read somewhere that if I already had BG:EE and bought the Collector's Edition that I would be able to gift my extra copy of BG:EE. Does anyone know if this is true? There is no games in my Giftable Games tab on the Beamdog website..

^ Does anyone know the answer to this?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Unless it's urgent, I would advise waiting a few days then contacting the support. If it was said, you'll probably have it but the support is overbooked right now.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes, if you already own the base game you should be able to give it to someone else--although you may need to email to our support team ( support@beamdog.com ) to help orchestrate it.
    Oh its definitely not urgent but I was pretty sure my post was overlooked so I wanted to ask again. Thanks for the replies!
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    @Dee I was wondering, if we have ordered the CE, can we have access to the digital soundtrack? Waiting for the CE to ship is a long time.
  • mindx2mindx2 Member Posts: 1
    When is the Collector's Edition shipping? I hope this isn't like all those Kickstarter games where the boxed editions ship months, if not years, after the games digital release.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    I agree that the price was steep, but then I thought "I've spent about 50 bucks in a game that I've played for almost 20 years, 200 total is about 10 bucks a year average and will go down over time" XD

So I treated myself with the Collector thingy and frankly I don't care when I get it as long as I eventually get it, I'll be probably playing this game for as long as I breathe.
    Dee said:

Yes, if you already own the base game you should be able to give it to someone else--although you may need to email to our support team ( support@beamdog.com ) to help orchestrate it.

@Dee Support replied that this isn't true but I remember hearing this before the release. Is there anything I can do? Do I need to find where this was said to prove my case?
    On the "Beamdog Plays Siege of Dragonspear - March 4, 2016" at 11:56 on the video Trent says if you already own it you can gift the extra digital copy. Should I send this video to support?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aPrnhaMa-0#t=11m56s