Skip to content

Additional 2.5months , what will you do ?

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I live in Asia and has 13 hours time zone with Edmonton ,Canada, it's Saturday morning today ,when i get up i sit above stool and use smartphone check the push mail if the pre-loading already launch

E-mail title of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Announcement !

I almost feel i must leave the stool immediately and turn on the computer start the download process .. few seconds later , i figure out it's additinal 2.5 months waiting ..

In order to play the BG-EE in the first time , i ask my colleague support me do the BZ trip to Japan and i change my schedule to Dec.1st~9th ( In my time zone : Dec.1st = Nov.30th..... ) then i can have a entire week to play the classic memorial game... This is truth , i don't lie all of you .....

This week, I also re-fresh the offical website every hours when i am in the office to check if there is announcement for pre-loading launch ..

I thought my daily life was really impacted by BE-EE last week.

No matter what , we can't play it on 18th.Sep , i just hope when that day comming , the BG-EE don't let us down and i really can experience some amazing improvement ...

How about you for additional 2.5 months ?
  1. Additional 2.5months , what will you do ?166 votes
    1. I was fully occuppied by family of wife,children,parents.. 2.5 months waiting is noting for me
        7.23%
    2. All of us must make money for pre-order the game , i will transfer attention to my Job , let it be
        3.01%
    3. Good decision ! more longer time = better quailty = BG3 = next 15 years classic game
      25.30%
    4. Overhaul Games ! Give us more information , show up video/animation/portrait/screenshot , even demo ,
      24.70%
    5. I will disappear from the Baldur's Gate froum for a while , because i spend lots of time in it and almost ruin my daily life
        6.02%
    6. I pre-order the game before 15th,Sep , what's the little extra for us ???
      10.24%
    7. Don't worry .. lots of fun game i can play such as Diablo , Elder Scroll , Assassin's Creed , Company of Heroes , etc....
      16.87%
    8. I feel it may another postpone again ... let's see 2013 !
        6.63%

Comments

• ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    I would do the business trip to Japan and hold off on the game, personally.
  • LongtimerLongtimer Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    What will I do for 2 and a half months?

I'll be giving a lot of thought as to whether or not I ever support this company again.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    I'll take more information. That's all I ask for.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Wait is not a problem , but i really want to know what kind of new features takes 2.5 months delay?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    A combination of the good decision + more information choices.
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    Seeing as I've been waiting since February for this game to be released, I'm not too thrilled that it's been delayed another two months. I would at least like to see what the developers have accomplished during this time. Videos, voices, portraits and feature lists are all welcome.

Furthermore, the 'little extra' had better apply to everyone ordering the game before it's November release. Their decision to postpone has affected all of us, not just those of us who've already pre-ordered.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

Seeing as I've been waiting since February for this game to be released, I'm not too thrilled that it's been delayed another two months. I would at least like to see what the developers have accomplished during this time. Videos, voices, portraits and feature lists are all welcome.

Furthermore, the 'little extra' had better apply to everyone ordering the game before it's November release. Their decision to postpone has affected all of us, not just those of us who've already pre-ordered.

I'm of the opinion that if you have not pre-ordered you especially should not expect special goodies or treatment because of the delay. I put myself in that category too, since I have not pre-ordered.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I was significantly more upset about the wait before I realised that, although my own disks are currently inaccessible, I did insist my boyfriend bought the BG series a couple of years ago. He never played them (he's the kind of person who saw that the graphics were old and lost interest) but a quick search of his room this morning uncovered the whole collection! So, that will keep me busy :)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I am going to buy a hamster and train it martial arts...
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm extremely annoyed by this decision. I can understand and respect it, sure, but I do not have to like it. Giving only a few days notice before release that the game's being delayed by two and a half months is very bad. Yeah I realize they have to run any public announcement past their business partners before making it, but a delay this big they must have been able to spot much earlier than they did.

So I feel they should throw us some more information about the game (and more importantly the state of it) to appease us... but they probably can't do that because, again, they need approval before being able to give us even screenshots.

I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied, September is a great month for releases. BG:EE was the one I was really looking forward to though and my enthusiasm has really drained now. 2.5 months... how complete can the game be if they need that much of a delay :\
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I am going to buy a martial artist and train it to be a hamster...
  • HoboJoe0858HoboJoe0858 Member Posts: 36
    Finish Skyrim, Finish Throne of Bhaal, ect
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Tells us a little bit more about why you delayed..kick out some screenshots etc..
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Wife, renovations, job, Icewind Dale II...
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    It is a minor inconvenience, but I would much prefer them take their time then release a product that is not ready. It allows them to add additional features and for mod makers to fine-tune their mods to work with BG:EE (SCS for example).
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    Right now I'm playing Planescape: Torment again.
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    edited September 2012
    I think during this time I will look a girl, try to develop noble, sincere relationship...

...or...

I'l get back to my...

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5360215_700b.jpg
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited September 2012
    Honestly, personally for me, it's actually better that I don't have this game to distract me over the next two and a half months. There are much more important demands in my life that I need to be attending to, and precious little time to begin with to devote to them. My criticisms about the postponement have been with process and communication. That has been the fail here--not the fact that they need more time.

The only question is will I be able to tear myself away from these boards until release, lol. So addictive! DesiSmileys.com
  • NiphireNiphire Member Posts: 15
    I will lie down on my bed and draw deep sighs.
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Good decision!!! I prefer wait for a better quailty and italian language at the day one.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    Live.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Interesting choices for the poll, although none of them quite work for me. I suspect I will be continuing on with my life and in my free time play BGEE without the EE.
  • I don't mind the delay. I'm busy with other work.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I'll probably play Torchlight 2. I also have Dragon Age:Origins and Icewind Dale runs going, as well as four different Shadows of Amn characters. I won't be hurting for games to play.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    I'm am so disappointed. I took wednesday and friday off work so I could devote some time to BG:EE. Sad day for me.

But I suppose if the end product is fantastic, I won't mind too much
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm dissapointed, no doubt about it. I also have lost some trust for developers. I wonder what "little extra" for pre-ordering people is. If it is a useless forum badge, I'll bang my desk with my head, since it would be so stupid.

But, I have yet to finish Inferno mode in Diablo III, so I would have something to do for a while. Curse you, Belial.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    Too many games have had a rushed release date, it is so much more annoying than a 2.5 month postpone, imo.

I'll catch up meanwhile, by reading some FR novels - nothing as setting the scene of the area you're going to play for many hours to come
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    @killeah

"Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms" is being released next month. I'll probably get that and look it over until BG:EE gets released.

What FR novels are set in the Sword Coast other than the dreadful Baldur's Gate novelization?
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    edited September 2012
    I was actually planning on reading the "time of troubles" trilogy, as it happens to be one of my all time classic favourites series, not only does it set the scene of everything regarding the gods and the very story that drives baldurs gate, it's also top class fantasy reading, with epic battles.

Most of the trilogy happens outside the swordcoast, however an important final part is in waterdeep, and some locations are visited along the way.

Oh and celebs like elminster and khelben are ofc. a big part of the story aswell.

But there's infact loads of material about FR, and due to the fact that it's saturday and I'm feeling particular lazy I'll only present you the bulk of them in this wiki link - you'll have to sort them out, location wise yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Forgotten_Realms_novels

I'll give you my top 5 (having read most of them) once I get off my lazy ass and dusts off the novels in the rack.

Hope that did you some good, sorry for being lazy ;)

Edit: time fo troubles is ofc. not the orig title, just a description of the period, those books are actually called the avatar series
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

I'll probably play Torchlight 2. I also have Dragon Age:Origins and Icewind Dale runs going, as well as four different Shadows of Amn characters. I won't be hurting for games to play.

I have a similar list of games which I'm still busy with: the same number of SOA characters, 2 Charname's in Tutu, 2 in Dragon Age Origins (+1 just started). Then there's my Fallout 3 campaign, 2 Icewind ones. From a multi-tasking view it's actually nice I get some time to finish some other games.

It's a pity though the announcement came late, like others, I already got quite eager to start playing and getting restless because of it, I need to lower down on the level of adrenalin now.