Skip to content

Cheats will not work on bg2 ee beta patch

L3gk6L3gk6 Member Posts: 6
I can not use cheats in by2 ee beta patch, and I have put program options debug mode 1. I can use them in the non beta patch version.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    Cerevant said:

Ensure that your Baldur.lua (NOT Baldur.ini) file (located in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition or Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition) contains this line:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    To open the console in the game, press Ctrl+Space.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Tested it in both games. It's working normally. I actually like the new console layout.
  • FarrewFarrew Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    I have a problem, no matter how I add this line to the baldur.lua it always reverts to its default state. I'm using Windows 8.1
  • XendhaiusXendhaius Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2016
    Farrew said:

I have a problem, no matter how I add this line to the baldur.lua it always reverts to its default state. I'm using Windows 8.1

I was having this same issue. Cerevant provided a solution:
    Cerevant said:

Cerevant said:

Xendhaius said:

Also, since you brought it up I noticed the game does not recognize and overwrites manual changes to baldur.lua while using the 2.0 beta. I'm unsure if it's just me or if it's a known issue.

The game reads Baldur.lua when it starts, and writes to it when you quit. If you modify Baldur.lua while the game is running, it will get overwritten when you quit. You need to quit, then change the file, then start the game.