Skip to content

Can't run the BG2EE beta exe from Beamdog (Windows XP)

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
edited March 2016 in The Road to v2.0
I've made a report on the redmine - http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/20643 , but I have some doubts it's a game-related bug. But anyway, I need help, and think all Win XP users will need it.

"The procedure entry point inet_pton could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll"

Is it a game-related bug or can I do anything with my software to run the game?

I'm using Windows XP, SP 3, and unpatched BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE all run fine. I don't have an access to the BGEE beta so can't say if there's the same problem with it or not.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    This is a Windows XP related issue. inet_pton in WinSock isn't available on Windows XP, it only became available as of Windows Vista. Since support for Windows XP was still shown on the site last I checked, it should probably be looked at.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited March 2016
    I've looked through the Windows fixes but can't find a solution, because inet_ntop is not available in XP.

Does the fact my non-patched game run perfectly and the beta doesn't mean something was changed about the program in that regard?

I'm sure I'm not the only Win XP owner trying to run a BG game :)
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    I assume you don't have the lastest network 3 installed... that would block the install
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    There was a bug in the previous build that didn't let to run the beta on Windows XP. This bug was fixed in the current build.