Skip to content

helm of infra vision Shadows of Amn

My helm doesn't work. Anybody encounter this? I'm in the Underworld now and I need it. Work arounds?

Comments

• PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    What do you mean it doesn't work? Have you used it before? I'm not sure what you're expecting it to do for you. It simply makes living creatures glow a faint red. It's not even really noticeable, and certainly not a necessity.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Let me see if I got it : You are at the Underdark and there's a misterious passage covered by darkness, is that it?
    If that's the case, the helm ain't the solution . The item which you can use to dispel that darkness is acquired by completing one of the underdark quests.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 276
    edited March 2016
    Gotta love questions like this to remind me there's new players playing this game for the first time still, which is great.

At the same time... I get a little worried, like... is there something in the water these days? I mean, it's not that hard to figure out; the game constantly spoon feeds you every clue to the point of being insulting - stuff like the 'murderer quest', all the relevant NPCs and clues are standing around within 20 feet of each other, etc.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Gotta love questions like this to remind me there's new players playing this game for the first time still, which is great.

At the same time... I get a little worried, like... is there something in the water these days? I mean, it's not that hard to figure out; the game constantly spoon feeds you every clue to the point of being insulting - stuff like the 'murderer quest', all the relevant NPCs and clues are standing around within 20 feet of each other, etc.

And I still blame the witch :naughty:
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    deltago said:

And I still blame the witch :naughty:
    She turned me into a newt!
  • prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    You can access the passage after doing quests for the Gnomes, if that is where you are stuck in
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

You can access the passage after doing quests for the Gnomes, if that is where you are stuck in

Or don't bother with the quest and just kill the gnome leader after he says he has what you need and take what you need from his cold, dead hands. If you are playing evil ofcourse.

• tlwallstlwalls Member Posts: 28
    I was expecting the helm to illuminate the surroundings. I guess it's too subtle for me. Since then I received access to the cave and proceeded forthwith. Thanks for answering. Now I'm having trouble with Mind Flayers, but that's another subject entirely.
  • prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    lunar said:

Or don't bother with the quest and just kill the gnome leader after he says he has what you need and take what you need from his cold, dead hands. If you are playing evil ofcourse.

I think ypu can pickpocket it too
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    tlwalls said:

Now I'm having trouble with Mind Flayers, but that's another subject entirely.

Pro tip: Mordenkainen's Swords are the only things in the game that are immune to their attack.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Chaotic Commands usually lasts long enough to kill all of them in one casting at this point in the game.
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    tlwalls said:

I was expecting the helm to illuminate the surroundings. I guess it's too subtle for me. Since then I received access to the cave and proceeded forthwith. Thanks for answering. Now I'm having trouble with Mind Flayers, but that's another subject entirely.

I just crack their heads quickly with my melee fighters ^^