Skip to content

We support the creators of BG:EE

Comments

• erathielerathiel Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2012
    LOL you're mistaken about what you said about me beign first to complain about something so stupid. I just trying to say that people who working on this project shoudn't loose motivation so easy just after read some negative feadback.

Its normal that people will be angry, annoyed or feel even worse than that, after someone admit that need to delay something 3 days before release.

Oh and I dont believe they had meeting about BG:EE 2 days ago but propably more than month or two, its just that they just realized that cannot finish everything before deadline. So they had to say something as "After recently reviewing the game and then consulting with our partners..." to make people less angry.

That's all i have to say about it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    This is not the first game I've seen delayed. Or the second, or the third.

I have the GOG downloads of BG1 and 2, not to mention Skyrim, to tide me over. In fact, right now it's time to save Suldanessalar....
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    Gook Luck for Overhaul Games !

A lot of people hope your guy can really make another classic BG-EE and create more Mod tooling and DLCs for the BG fans,

Just try to do more and more as possible as you can , we will pay the money to encourage your guys,

I am BG-EE supporter too,
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    edited September 2012

• TarquinTarquin Member Posts: 41
    +1 for me on this post. I was of course disappointed when I read about the delay, but if it means the release product is better (and that some of those "post-ship" features get rolled into the main release), I'm happy!

I'm rather astonished by some of the reactions and some of the things that people feel they should be saying to other human beings. All part of the Greater Internet F*ckwad theory, I guess.

-Tarquin
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    They do need to hear the bad with the good, because that's just fans being real and them manning up. But definitely they should be hearing the good from us. Both are needed and can be used constructively, imho. I want them to be motivated like nobody's business to succeed.
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Keep up the great work guys, and thanks for being able to make such a tough decision. I hope you guys can revitalize CRPGs, and if not that, at least be able to work on a Baldur's Gate III.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Lemernis With you all the way! They have bug and feature request lists for that. They do need CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. This thread was started because @Majoca felt that some of the comments on the forum were overly negative. We can all rage about a late date for publishing BG:EE. If they found problems, possibly game wrecking ones (we just don't know) would you like them to release the game? Can you imagine the bile from the forums then if they did release an overly buggy BG:EE?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm still supporting developers, thought I'm not as trustfull towards them as I used to be.

Oh, by the way... Trent and others should see negative feedback coming - it's natural with dissapointment 4 days prior to release date. Maybe people, myself included, were overreacting, but so Overhaul did. "I lost my motivation today because of negative feedback". Trent is , if I'm not mistaken, you're mature and experienced game developer... You should be able to take it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @ZelgadisGW constructive feedback is fine. Anger is to be expected.

Flaming is something no one should have to tolerate, and that's what a number of threads were doing. Negativity is one thing; out and out verbal assault is an entirely different beast. That's what this thread was started for. Not because people don't have a right to be upset, but because some people were taking that right to an irrational extreme.

I'm really glad that the response has returned to a much more rational "this sucks, you need to learn from this, we're really disappointed" vein, rather than a "you should die in a fire" one.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I have nothing really to add that hasn't already been written much more eloquently than I could manage. However it's worth my posting to just to say I agree totally with the premise of this thread.

Guys, you are doing a great job. Looking forward to the release knowing that it will be the best that you can offer. Just what BG:EE deserves.
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    @Medillen

True words of wisdom, I especially hate the "i-know-better-how-to-run-a-company-then-you" allmighty god sydrome that I see on these forums.

Until someone who has a viable team and company that is related in either the way it is ran or the same industry, in this case, the games industry then your opinion on how to run a company is void and will not be taken seriously

I also agree on "Waited for more than 10 years ofr what he is doing", this is better than a dream come true because we are getting new content and improvments I never imagined, I really did want an edition to come out so my friends could play this game together and best of all to make it popular again for some time.
    Shameless bump! Give your support for the team!
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    edited September 2012
    At first, I too was pretty disappointed, mostly by the fact that I found out 4 days before the actual release.

However, I've gotten over it and appreciate their taking the time to polish the product. I'm not one of those people who will replay the game more than 20 times, so it would have been a shame to get a buggy or incomplete product that I had been waiting for with bated breath, and by the time I would tire of it a first patch would come out.

I really appreciate all the hard work they put into the product and I love the fact that, even after the 'public outcry', they're still active on the forums.

I love what's been shown at the Candlekeep Library so far. @Dave Awesome short stories! I'm so happy you guys took the time to think them up and then write them. They really help flesh out the characters. Can't wait for Dorn!

@PhillipDaigle What I'd really love - if the BGTeam has time - are some blog-style entries from every member of the team about what exactly they've worked on, what they found hardest to tackle, what really made them feel like they passed a hurdle, what gave them the greatest feeling of accomplishment - even if it's something like "there was this weird bug that had us waddling through crappy code for days and then X had this idea of what to look for and we followed that idea and we finally tracked the problem down to a random return in a switch"-kinda thing.
    Nothing glamorous, just tidbits from the work done. We've gotten to know some (the active posters) of you better than others (lurkers maybe? :) ) I think it would be a great way for everyone to get closer to the devs, understand their POVs on certain things. Is this doable? Something you'd be interested in? :)

• creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    hey guys keep up the great work. don't let the negative feedback of a few deter you, know that most of us support you guys wholeheartedly and can't wait for the finished product which no doubt will be excellent and show the level of determination and hard work you put into it.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Count me in the mostly silent support crowd. I'm super stoked that the game is being revised, and like many of you, would rather see a wicked awesome experience, moreso than a haphazard one.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Beer to everyone !!!
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    November can't come soon enough :D
  • SlashneedSlashneed Member Posts: 6
    I just wanted to join in and give a big shout out to the developers! This project is for me one of the most anticipated releases for many years, and probably the the biggest one this decade! I've been a fan of the Baldur's Gate-games since I got SoA for my birthday when it was released, then backtracking to the first game as well as the Icewind Dale games. Sure the delay bummed me out a little bit, but I understand it and I wholeheartedly agree that it's better to do it right, right away then having minor things adding up and ruining the whole party! So keep up the good work Overhaul, you have my support and my full trust!
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    Hmm, that's actually kinda sad. In a since though, people do have a right to complain about the delays because from a marketing perspective, we do.

BUT, never would I bash an indie company (this is indie, correct?) like this. These people need to have the support of their customers because I'm sure none of them wanted a delay. If you try to put yourselves in there shoes (which I'm sure everyone already did) you'd have to think to yourself, that they were just as disappointed as all of us!

"I am a Baldurs Gate:Enhanced Edition supporter."
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    I've said it once, so I guess I will say it again. Devs need to stop doing this. Gamers are negative as hell. I wish we weren't, as a whole, but we are. The internet is an anonymous troll farm. People are going to talk about all the things they don't like because it's easy to do so.

Even knowing this, Devs decide to allow themselves to be swayed by it. Look I understand how hard it must be to read something negative about something you are working so hard on. But it is simply always going to happen. Don't take negativity personally. Focus on your vision for your product and stick to it.

Be relentlessly positive about yourself, your team, and your product. You can't take negativity so personally. It leads to a shorter life.
    @Chickenhead Yes it is easy to be negative... That is why heroes go on the opposite path and go for glory AND BE POSITIVE!

This is the path to glory my friends! Be heroes and support the BG:EE team by being POSITIVE!

To glory my friends! To glory! We can wait this thing out TOGETHER!

"But I want to play BG:EE now, why the delay..."
    *SLAP*
    "Pull yourself together lad! 14 years and you can't wait a measly 40 more days!"
    "No I..."
    *SLAP*
    "It's actually more than..."
    *WHACK*
    "I can wait! I could even smile about it but I am now missing teeth!"
    "That's the spirit!"
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    Anduin said:

@Chickenhead Yes it is easy to be negative... That is why heroes go on the opposite path and go for glory AND BE POSITIVE!

This is the path to glory my friends! Be heroes and support the BG:EE team by being POSITIVE!

To glory my friends! To glory! We can wait this thing out TOGETHER!

"But I want to play BG:EE now, why the delay..."
    *SLAP*
    "Pull yourself together lad! 14 years and you can't wait a measly 40 more days!"
    "No I..."
    *SLAP*
    "It's actually more than..."
    *WHACK*
    "I can wait! I could even smile about it but I am now missing teeth!"
    "That's the spirit!"

Perfect :)
  • ImBarryScottImBarryScott Member Posts: 18
    Redundant much? All the people on this forum support the project and want it to succeed - or they wouldn't be here. It's not like they stumbled by in passing and hurled abuse, they registered on the forum because they care about the game, that's supposed to be a given. Devs don't need their hands holding and if Trent or anyone else needs a 'boost' (isn't this their job?) then they would do well to look at those negative comments and realise they come from the intense frustration that people only have if they are invested. Too much apologism (*?) over one little tweet for my liking, they will get on with it and make a good job of it as well, or legions of d&d nerds will be baying for blood, that's real motivation :D
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited September 2012
    I´m a supporter of the devs whatever they plan and had planed for BGEE! Thats not because I´m the average blind fanboy...must admit I am a fan of Trent´s work for sure but anyway. You can clearly see their passion for BG and beyond that, they have the game development experience + the competence;)
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited September 2012
    I have to say it just really annoys me seeing the "isn't this their job?" type comments. Do you guys all work in telesales or something? People get thanked for doing good work, not just paid; Creative people need supporting just as much as everyone else (if not more).

PS Keep up the good work!