Skip to content

Forum Badge

Silly thing, but any chance the team will be giving out badges for the SoD pre-order? :)

Comments

• GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    I certainly hope so! It's the only reason i pre-ordered the game!....well OK i actually want to play the game to ;)

BTW is there any way to display a forum badge? or is it only on our information personal pages?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    As Amber Scott said, she hadn't known about the badges thing but it would be changed. Then Trent Oster promised to deal with it.

So they had to introduce badges after the pre-orders started. I guess it means that these badges are not automatic and they have to give them user by user.

The pre-orders will continue till the 31st of March.

All these facts, to me, mean that after SoD will be released, the admins will go user by user and will grant badges for the pre-orders to everyone.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    It looks like they're passing out the SoD Collectors Edition pre-order badges...
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    Just arrived, a few minutes ago. Looks super cool!
    https://forums.beamdog.com/badge/bgsod_ce_preorder
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    233 people earned that badge.

@ 60% of the sales, Beamdog has sold appox 490 units preordered (maybe more due to Trent's twitter post being a week old now) all before the game hits the major retailers like Steam and GoG.
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    deltago said:

233 people earned that badge.

It's more than 233, they haven't handed out all the badges. I ordered the Collector's Edition, but haven't received the badge yet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    How long does this take? I bought the game yesterday and no neat pre-order CE badge.
    Evidently it can take awhile, I bought one over 2 weeks ago & I still haven't received my badge.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I did a regular pre-order yesterday, and got my badge today. Guess they're doing it in shifts.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Make sure that your forum and Beamdog accounts share the same email address. The process is automated.
    I also got my regular pre-order badge this afternoon.
    My e-mail is the same on both, no badge.
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    Prettyyy Badge :smile:
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    bleusteel said:

@bleusteel

You aren't regular pre-order badge ,
    Your badge is "first" pre-order which is only 1one person , and definitely it's you,
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Is it just me, or does the head resemble more that of a bird's than a dragon's? Feeling an Arrowhawk fibe here. :p
    Dee said:

Make sure that your forum and Beamdog accounts share the same email address. The process is automated.

If they're not, which one should be changed?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    So, 230+ Collector Edition preorders and 500+ General preorders. At least from people registered on the forum.

Comparison:
    1134 forumites have the IWDEE preorder badge
    2022 forumites have the BG2EE preorder bage
    1514 forumites have the BGEE preorder badge

So, it's still is not finished in terms of SoD preorders, I guess!
    darrenkuo said:

bleusteel said:

@bleusteel

Your badge is "first" pre-order which is only 1one person , and definitely it's you,
    I actually got all 3 SoD badges :-)
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    bleusteel said:

darrenkuo said:

bleusteel said:

@bleusteel

@bleusteel

Thanks of your support for developers , then I can start to expect BG2-EE expansion pack and stronghold quests DLC
    darrenkuo said:

bleusteel said:

darrenkuo said:

bleusteel said:

@bleusteel

@bleusteel

Thanks of your support for developers , then I can start to expect BG2-EE expansion pack and stronghold quests DLC
    My pleasure! I love what Beamdog has done with these games and will continue to support them as long as they keep up the good work.
    Got that cute forum badge
    Dee or anyone else? I still haven't received my badge for my pre-order...
    Dee said: Make sure that your forum and Beamdog accounts share the same email address. The process is automated.

If they're not, which one should be changed?

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Sorry, meant to answer this earlier: change your forum account, unless you'd rather change your Beamdog account--but changing your Beamdog account requires contacting support. (That said, they'll be happy to do it for you, but it may take a couple days depending on their other support tickets.)
    @Dee Thank you for the prompt response, I changed my forum e-mail address to match my Beamdog account address.
  • MalakaiusMalakaius Member Posts: 8
    My email addresses are the same on both accounts and have not received my SoD Pre-order badge (had the same issue with all 3 other games pre-orders as well for some reason) guess the automated system doesn't like me ;)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Got my pre-order badge :p . Wish I have funds for Collector's Edition :/