Skip to content

3/17/2016: Updates Incoming! (details within)

2»

Comments

• IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    AlexT said:

Does difficulty level effect the encounters (number and types of enemies) in BG and BG 2? In the new description it says so?

No, that's a regression. It will be fixed.
    So if I increase the level from Core Rules to Insane, but put no damage increase on in the options. What changes in my game?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Ithual said:

AlexT said:

Does difficulty level effect the encounters (number and types of enemies) in BG and BG 2? In the new description it says so?

So if I increase the level from Core Rules to Insane, but put no damage increase on in the options. What changes in my game?
    Generally speaking, more enemies will spawn in randomized encounters. E.g. instead of finding two wolves at a spawn point, you might find six.
    Ithual
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Adul said:

Ithual said:

AlexT said:

Generally speaking, more enemies will spawn in randomized encounters. E.g. instead of finding two wolves at a spawn point, you might find six.
    That would be a bug if Dee's information is correct.
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    Franpa said:

Adul said:

Ithual said:

AlexT said:

But I quite like this idea. I find a 'normal' difficulty run to be quite easy with only a couple areas that present a problem.

Making the game more difficult without increasing enemy damage is the way forward.

Pack the Bandit Camp with Assassins using poison weapon and/or back stab, more Kobold Commandos in Nashkell Mines, stuff like that.

I guess we have SCS
    Grammarsalad
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2016
    Adul said:

Ithual said:

AlexT said:

Gamepost released a short video of how insanity compares to easy in Siege of Dragonspear: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-changing-from-ea/2300-6430132/

If difficulty works similar without SoD now, higher difficulty apparently would mean more and stronger enemies.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2016
    Higher difficulties spawn more enemies in BG1, and have been since the original release in 1998. However, higher difficulties don't spawn more types of enemies or improve enemy AI like they do in SoD.

In BG1, difficulty also only affects randomized spawn points, not static enemies. So you might find more gibberlings by the side of the road in a wilderness area, but you won't find more bandits in the Bandit Camp.
    Ithualillathid
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Oh okay, thanks for that info.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Franpa said:

Adul said:

Ithual said:

AlexT said:

Are you sure? If I understood @AlexT right, it's only relevant for SoD, not patched BG1 and BG2.

So, it's indeed interesting to know if there're differencies between Core Rules and Insane with the no damage increase option.