Skip to content

Kensai/thief viable for late game?

Hello, I plan on trying playing Kensai/thief in BG 2 EE. My concern is whether or not backstab is viable late game is SoA and ToB. If i understand correctly, this build relies on high damage from backstab. Can powerful enemies be backstabbed? Can I backstab Irenicus?
mashedtaters

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Backstab works for most of SoA and against some non-bosses in ToB. Generally things that see through invisibility are immune to backstab.

It doesn't matter though, once you get HLAs, you can take Use Any Item, which removes the Kensai's disadvantages. If backstab isn't working for you then you can just wear armor and become a melee tank.
    JuliusBorisovmashedtaters
  • kenserdokenserdo Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    Artemius_I wrote: »
    Backstab works for most of SoA and against some non-bosses in ToB. Generally things that see through invisibility are immune to backstab.

It doesn't matter though, once you get HLAs, you can take Use Any Item, which removes the Kensai's disadvantages. If backstab isn't working for you then you can just wear armor and become a melee tank.

Thanks for the reply. I will go kensai/thief. I hope it is as good as they say it is damage-wise
    JuliusBorisovmashedtaters
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    It is certainly powerful, but imho there is no "most powerful" class. Every class combination can be very powerful if played with the right tactics.

What it comes down to, really, is what classes are the most intuitive for your preferred play-style. That will determine what is poweful...and don't forget enjoyable.
    JuliusBorisovGozeta