Skip to content

patch day?

Hello, wanted to know when the patch will be up for BG:EE

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    31st
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I think it should be a bit before SoD release. 1/2 days?
  • clos4lifeclos4life Member Posts: 26
    Elendar wrote: »
    31st

Source?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    This is probably better discussed in The Road to V2.0.

However, some speculation... Dee has said most of the dev team is gone for Easter, so they'll be returning... monday? (Gotta remind myself that 2 days of easter is not common worldwide.)

It's unlikely that they'll bring the patch out that very same day. It's also unlikely that they'll bring the patch out on the 31st, as a small gap between the 2.0 patch and SoD release would help them fix any issues with the 2.0 patch that may crop up in release. (Note that they already said there'll be further changes from the latest beta patch, but that it's unlikely they'll make it in the beta.)

Hence, I expect Tuesday the 29th, but it could theoretically be Wednesday the 30th.
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79

clos4life wrote: »
    Elendar wrote: »
    31st

Source?

Yesterdays stream
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Thels wrote: »

However, some speculation... Dee has said most of the dev team is gone for Easter, so they'll be returning... monday? (Gotta remind myself that 2 days of easter is not common worldwide.)

It's unlikely that they'll bring the patch out that very same day. It's also unlikely that they'll bring the patch out on the 31st, as a small gap between the 2.0 patch and SoD release would help them fix any issues with the 2.0 patch that may crop up in release. (Note that they already said there'll be further changes from the latest beta patch, but that it's unlikely they'll make it in the beta.)

Hence, I expect Tuesday the 29th, but it could theoretically be Wednesday the 30th.

I think in Canada they also get Easter Monday off as well (same here in the UK), so they will not be back in the office until Tuesday. My guess is the 2.0 patch will go live on Wednesday.
    @cmk24: That's for that insight. Based on that information, I agree that Wednesday is the most likely candidate.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2016
    cmk24 wrote: »

I think in Canada they also get Easter Monday off as well (same here in the UK), so they will not be back in the office until Tuesday. My guess is the 2.0 patch will go live on Wednesday.

Only generally government workers and bankers get the monday off actually. The only place in Canada which gets the monday off is the province of Quebec (and Beamdog is based in Alberta).

As far as when the patch drops I'll leave news of that to Amber or Dee :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    elminster wrote: »

Only generally government workers and bankers get the monday off actually. The only place in Canada which gets the monday off is the province of Quebec (and Beamdog is based in Alberta).

As far as when the patch drops I'll leave news of that to Amber or Dee :)

Beamdog won't be back in the office until Tuesday, incidentally.
    Ahh well then...the exception to the rule it seems :)
    Ahh well then...the exception to the rule it seems :)

A memo was sent out. I'll make sure you get another copy. ;)
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Have you no concept of crunch time?!? Certainly Easter can wait until after SoD is released ;-)
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    29 sounds nice.
    I'd rather have it before the relase of SoD so I can make a BG1 shaman run to import
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

AND... when you get to be your own boss, you can make your own hours.
    edited March 2016
    deltago wrote: »

AND... when you get to be your own boss, you can make your own hours.

Well I work under contract so I do make my own hours :)
  • RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    It's tuesday now.
    Come on, I want my Spirit Shaman ready for SoD!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The patch is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when the Devs mean to.

And don't forget, the longer the wait, the more enties in unlocking the Road to 2.0 milestones are made.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Are we there yet?
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    How about now? :P
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    if it does not come out tomorrow we riot.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    megamike15 wrote: »
    if it does not come out tomorrow we riot.

We will riot harder than armed Trump and Cruz supporters combined!
    My secret service detail is asking me to tell you all that firearms will not be permitted at the launch party for the v2.0 update. I can't imagine why they felt the need to say that, but there it is.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Firearms? I carry everywhere concealed with my 9 mil single stack- The USA gov is cool with me like that too. After all I am like a 4th level ranger/fighter/sumo. Now in Canada you will all be crushed by the Flaming Fist Enforcers when Saveork takes ur government over as you all are unarmed but for a few pocket knives and flapjack fry pans which only do 1-2 points of damage - although some of the relic flapjack fry pans have been blessed by French Catholic lumberjack high clerics. Meanwhile in the USA I will be hiding out in Northern Idaho in my Cloudspeak mtn cabin surrounded by cave bears and getting free boots of the North from scared rich nobles. Of course my cabins is right next to Alex Jones spy bunker where he's hidden: 200 pounds of chewing tobacco, Alex Jones super performance Liver cleanser pills (for the cloud kill attacks), and piles of magic daggers, axes, spears, and ninja swords. Alex usually flies out every summer from Texas and we have Baldurs Gate Lan parties - he always plays female elf thief-mages for some reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbcA9yIGgXs
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    So is the patch releasing with the expansion?
    Camus34 wrote: »
    So is the patch releasing with the expansion?

It'll release a bit before, but on the same day.
    Now I wonder if one should admire Beamdog's confidence. After all, there is one of the following two things going on at Beamdog studios:

"Oh, we can just release the 2.0 patch a few hours before SoD, and all will be well. This baby is completely under control!" as they calmly sip coffee and tea, working down the last few tidbits.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, we're supposed to release SoD later today, and we don't even have the 2.0 patch out!" as they frantically run around trying to get the impossible done.

I personally think the latter scenario's more accurate.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    In the end, only quality matters, not time.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Do i have to manually opt out of the bgee beta or what? I dont wanna get stuck on a development version
    BillyYank said:

You can't expect them to work on Monday, that's Half-price Chocolate Bunny Day.

I wish. I was just in a store yesterday where the bunny was only like 15% off. *grumbles*