Skip to content

Patch 2.0. - feedback and questions

1235»

Comments

• MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139
    edited April 2016
    @typo_tilly I'm sorry to respond so late! I've went through your reports on Redmine and wow! That's a lot of good work done!

As for the drow change report - just to clarify, I was first transformed into the "faulty" drow form by Adalon and THEN transformed into the Slayer, which gave the temporary proper drow look. The line in my previous post about how the "drow change is so strong" was just a joke, which of course didn't help in making a precise report.

I just tested that other situation - changing into the Slayer and THEN talking to Adalon to receive the drow disguise. It seems that the visual effects are the same as doing it the other way around (= proper drow colors), but you retain your max hp instead of going down to a 100 hp.

To answer your previous questions, I have the games on Steam, played both on Windows XP and Windows 7 without seeing any changes between them. I'm more of a "quick save" guy, so I don't have too many saves, but I have SOME - for example, one with my party standing in front of Adalon, before the first conversation, after which you're given the drow disguise.

In other news, I might have something positive to report and I believe it's pretty BIG. It might be the case that the Steam revert to 1.3. option has been fixed! I opened Steam yesterday and was surprised to see a download for BG:EE. The same BG:EE that I left on my HDD in the "1.3. beta" state, after doing my tests a few days ago. Once the download was finished, I checked out the game and after seeing the first signs, I'm being cautiously optimistic. The UI bugs and crashes I've reported in one of my previous posts seem to have been fixed. We're greeted by Beamdog's old logo, Gorion's cutscene plays out normally, casting spells doesn't crash the game, my old saves work again, the UI looks good. It might be, dare I say... working? The non-laggy inventory, instant minimap, portraits, sounds and visuals... I mean, isn't this beautiful? Being able to see the old UI once again is sooo nice.

I have to say, however, that I haven't been able to test much of it yet. I haven't been playing much after my 2.0. tests were done and so far, I've only been able to play through the beginning of the game on the 1.3. version, so there might still be bugs (but hopefully not). It requires more testing, which I will surely do in the coming days!

Also, I haven't tested if the 1.3. revert works in BG 2, as I've left it on version 2.0., but I will get to that soon as well.

Like I said before, the revert to 1.3. isn't a long-term solution, but at least something to hold us over until Beamdog hopefully fixes the 2.0. mess. For the time being, I'm happy. This might be the light in the tunnel we've been waiting for since this whole mess with patch 2.0. started. And since Minister Lloyd's presence was emanating so much from my previous posts, let us allow him to shine once more, while I say the following in his glorious voice: "Oh, this is most joyous news!"

Please let me know what are your experiences with the possibly fixed revert to 1.3.!
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    Prices in stores are not shown correctly as can be seen here:

http://prntscr.com/apt68a

The last digit in 5-digit prices are not shown at all.

I couldn't figure out if this is a known issue or if it's just me who has weird resolution.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited April 2016
    22569 About importing ultra high level characters. 2.95m is the ToB import xp cap (it was always the case). You can modify this number by modding start_mp_xp_cap in startare.2da