Skip to content

Coran leaves thanks to 2.0

I just downloaded the patch and fired up BG. I completed Coran's Wyvern quest a long time ago and never heard a peep out of him. All of a sudden he says "Welp I need to kill that Wyvern" and leaves as soon as I load up and go anywhere. According to EEKeeper, the variables CoranWyvern is set to 1, but he leaves anyways.

Comments

• MNKYKNGMNKYKNG Member Posts: 2
    I have the exact same problem.
  • Rover_27Rover_27 Member Posts: 10
    Yeah, I've just lost Kagain who said some gibberish about crusades and left the party

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Looks like they made the wyverns for Coran's quest unique, so that a random wyvern encounter doesn't end the quest. Unfortunately, your save game won't have a dead "CORWYVRN".

If you've already claimed the reward, set CoranWyvern to 2 in EEKeeper. That should block Coran from leaving.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341

Looks like they made the wyverns for Coran's quest unique, so that a random wyvern encounter doesn't end the quest. Unfortunately, your save game won't have a dead "CORWYVRN".

If you've already claimed the reward, set CoranWyvern to 2 in EEKeeper. That should block Coran from leaving.

OK, so I did this, and now he doesn't leave, but he keeps saying, "Ive got wyverns to kill." over and over and over and over and never stops. :(
  • GreenstoneGreenstone Member Posts: 13
    Baptor said:

OK, so I did this, and now he doesn't leave, but he keeps saying, "Ive got wyverns to kill." over and over and over and over and never stops. :(
    That's where I am now. I can't do anything with Coran because if I order him to move somewhere, he stops as soon as he says his next line.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Baptor said:

That's where I am now. I can't do anything with Coran because if I order him to move somewhere, he stops as soon as he says his next line.
    Sorry, try this instead:

Use EEKeeper to Add a Global Variable.

Name: SPRITE_IS_DEADCORWYVRN
    Value: 1

And reset CoranWyvern to 1.
  • GreenstoneGreenstone Member Posts: 13

It looks like that sorted it.

Thanks you muchly.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341

Baptor said:

Sorry, try this instead:

Thank you. This worked. I am in your debt.
  • beefmaster22beefmaster22 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    This is my exact problem too! Only I have a mac and I don't know that ee keeper will work. Is there nothing else to do? Do I have to get Alora now? :worried:
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @beefmaster22 enter the following code into the console (you can copy it from here and paste it in the game with ctrl-v). You will have to pause the game quickly before he leaves when you load.
    C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADCORWYVRN","GLOBAL",1)
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    had the same problem , many npc nagged that they have to do stuff , so i made a new game, wanted to change my Weapon * anyhow and had some failed quests i wanted to do "right"