Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Mac problems :(

2»

Comments

• DarkchanterDarkchanter Member Posts: 13
    I am having this problem having just installed BGEE, SOA and BG2EE on Sierra (on a new macbook). I had to copy the launcher just to install the games.

All games crash after character creation. Regardless of me changing permissions. I can't believe this problem from April last year hasn't been fixed yet!
  • DarkchanterDarkchanter Member Posts: 13
    Finally got it to work.

First you have to copy the launchers out of their sub-directories and into the application directories. (You can drag-drop these in finder) This'll get you as far as creating a character, then the game will crash.

I had to go into my documents folder on the terminal (because Sierra is paranoid about showing about anything in finder).

I then deleted the symlinks to non existent save directories.

I then created symlinks to my game directories on dropbox (local version of dropbox files).

Pleas fix your installers, Beamdog, they're ruining some awesome games; I'm frustrated enough and it'd take some time (or being an experienced unix user) to follow even these instructions.

I think the "user workaround" answers to the bug reports are also insufficient, given that this is clearly not an isolated problem.

2»