Skip to content

All Scimitars are restricted to Shaman only?

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
edited April 2016 in The Road to v2.0
As the title suggests I was poking through BGEE 2.0 with near infinity and noticed that all Scimitars including Frostbrand and Icingdeath are item restricted with a global effect 319. Was this intended?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited April 2016
    Yes. That will prevent shamans from using scimitars. Shamans are viewed as a druid class, but since druids and shamans have different weapon limitations that opcode was applied to all axes and short bows to prevent use by druids and to all scimitars to prevent use by druids.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    I thought though by using Global Effect Item Restrict (319) you restricted the item to that particular character, class, alignment ect...

Take Neera's staff for instance isn't the same global effect used to restrict the item to her use only?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Greener said:

I thought though by using Global Effect Item Restrict (319) you restricted the item to that particular character, class, alignment ect...

Take Neera's staff for instance isn't the same global effect used to restrict the item to her use only?

It's a dual-purpose opcode, it can function as "only usable by" or "not usable by", depending on its power/spell level.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    I see, thank you both for your comments.