Skip to content

What's your favorite character voice/voice actor form the BG or IWD series?

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I really love Tony Jay as Kresselack the Black Wolf in the first Icewind Dale. Just sounds epic.

Comments

• kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    @Shin My opinion exactly. I remember randomly coming across an episode of Star Trek:TNG where he was the villain of the week and was torturing Picard. He would show Picard four lights and then ask him how many lights there were. When Picard answered four he would shock him (or something) and insist 'No, there are five lights'. I wonder if that episode was the inspiration for him being cast as Irenicus (or vice versa). http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Chain_of_Command,_Part_II_(episode)
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Jim Cummings.

Just because he's one of my favorite voice actors of all time. Gorion/Minsc/several incidental characters being voiced by Winnie the Pooh is fitting somehow.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Can't beat David Warner.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644

@Shin My opinion exactly. I remember randomly coming across an episode of Star Trek:TNG where he was the villain of the week and was torturing Picard. He would show Picard four lights and then ask him how many lights there were. When Picard answered four he would shock him (or something) and insist 'No, there are five lights'. I wonder if that episode was the inspiration for him being cast as Irenicus (or vice versa). http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Chain_of_Command,_Part_II_(episode)

Chain of Command! Parts 1 and 2...

• ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    The old guy complaining about his lung flopping all over the dirt.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Minsc, of course.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The guy who did the cow noises.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2012
    Michael Dorn as Worf...I mean Bhaal :p Mostly just because he arbitrarily gets like maybe one line, but he delivers it well.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2012
    David Warner naturally no. 1 and Melissa Disney for Imoen.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Melissa Disney for Imoen and Amber Hood for Alora.

I also like whoever did the female fighter voice set for IWD that says "I'm ready ... I hope". Because that's the one I always use for my character.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Frank Welker for Xzar, Grey DeLisle for Viconia, and whoever did the voice for the Priests of Oghma: "These walls contain the wooooorld's knowledge."
  • OneTrickPonyOneTrickPony Member Posts: 17
    Edwin, hands down.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196
    Irenicus is just EPIC.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    Get me out of this helll hooolle
  • AldericAlderic Member Posts: 37
    For me, Irenicus is among the most impressive and intimidating villains in computer games ever. This is due largely to the quality of writing but also to the excellent voice acting. My vote goes indisputably to him.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    "let's spill some blood" she has a nice voice :)
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    David Warner does an splendid job voicing Irenicus. Even if we take away the dialogue and character development his voice alone would still make Irenicus a very memorable character.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Don't know who does the voice, but I always liked Sherincal in IWD2, despite her rather brief appearances.
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    David Warner is simply brilliant and the same goes for Jim Cummings. And I've always had a soft spot for Aerie by Kath Soucie
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Grey Delisle (Viconia)
    David Warner (Irenicus)
    The narrator of IWD.
    Jim Cummings (Hrothgar, Minsc, Arundel, Moar).
  • SensukiSensuki Member Posts: 19
    David Warner (Irenicus)
    Jim Cummings (Minsc/Gorion + others)
    Grey DeLisle (various)
    Kevin Michael Richardson (Sarevok)
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Xzar, Faldorn and Eldoth.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Jim Cummings I guess.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    David Warner definitely.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited September 2012
    David Warner gets my vote but also anything Jennifer Hale because she's a fellow canuck, she's beautiful and......the female Sheppard from the ME series can do no wrong in my books. For reference she did Dynaheir's voice in bg1. If anyone ever needs references and names from their fave voice actors, always check IMDB. This isn't a promotion of the site, simply providing a good site for info. On a different note, hard to believe isn't it that the guy who does Edwin is the same guy who does Khalid.....talk about voice versatility.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Let's not forget the guy who did the bandit voices

*pffrttt* Now THAT was a stinker!
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    I know it doesn't really count as it's from the Baldur's Gate console game but actually, my favourite voice acting is John Rhys Davies as Jherek, sadly he didn't make the second but I'm imagining that's down to a Lord of the Rings schedule clash.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited March 2018
    An honorable mention to Charles Emmerson Winchester III who narrates IWD (aka David Ogden Stiers)
    Post edited by HaHaCharade on
  • GruloGrulo Member Posts: 109
    edited September 2012
    David Warner by far