Skip to content

The Candlekeep Library: Neera the Wild Mage

PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hi folks. Our latest addition to the Candlekeep Library is an a story by Dave Gross (With some input from me, as he keeps claiming) about Neera the Wild Mage, along with a sample of her voice acting by actress Nicola Elbro.

Check it out here!

I wish we could show more of the hell hounds conversation, because it's pretty hilarious.
Post edited by PhillipDaigle on

Comments

• SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    I'll go read the story then!
    For now, I can say that her voice is really cute ^^, and the lines are pretty funny!
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    edited September 2012
    First!

Edit: Err, second* (Damn you, Sophie! ... though you're still my favorite <3)
    Gotcha Zin ;)
    Sophia said:

Gotcha Zin ;)

Baaaah, I got owned ;)
  • that70sgirl7887that70sgirl7887 Member Posts: 18
    not how I thought her voice would sound, not even close but I do like it. It does remind me of Ellen Page though. . .
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    She sounds a bit childish, but is not bad.
    edited September 2012
    I really liked the story, and after the reading. I think her voice fits the character :)
    My only doubt is that she could be a little bit too similar to Imoen, but I've read only a tiny part of her development, so I can't judge
    edited September 2012
    This is fantastic writing!

I'm definetly pairing Neera up with Imoen, and when they get in trouble I can be like: "Now now, young ladies ;) Settle down.. Fuzzy Z got this... "

Imoen: "Who's fuzzy Z?"
    Zinodin: "I am! I mean, that's my new cool pimp name..."
    Neera: "Psh, ol' people can't be cool."
    Zinodin: "Damn it, girls! I am your superior!"
    Neera: "Not anymore, grampa. We quit. Right girlfriend?"
    Imoen: "Hellz yeah!"

And then they leave :/

EDIT: ... Why am I buying her from the app store again? Don't do it guys. She's bossy and mean for her age. She's a half-elven teenager with attitude! :(
    That's true.
    I was referring to the humor Neera seems to have in this story, it seems quite like Imoen's sense of humor. And they both have pinkish hair :) . But, again, I haven't read enough to make a comparison
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Neera is nothing like Imoen.

I don't have worrying thoughts about sending Neera off into the woods alone with no arrows in her quiver.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    You should probably sticky this thread.. it's floating downwards (or thigns are buggy for me) :-)
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    She has pink hair.....That is not physically possible.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Maybe her hair wasn't naturally pink, but a wild surge turned it that color permanently.
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    I'm just deeply appreciative that she's not voiced by Felicia Day.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    +1 here to liking neera. she sounds likeable and fun to have around! :D
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    trinit said:

+1 here to liking neera. she sounds likeable and fun to have around! :D

Someone who can kill you on accident is fun to have around? We have different ideas of fun :)

• MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150

She has pink hair.....That is not physically possible.

Neither are half-elves or mages.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @Delvarian but look at the bright side, although short, your life would be much more colorful and.. well, fun :)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Nice stuff, looking forward to more library announcements.
  • _Q__Q_ Member Posts: 48
    @PhillipDaigle: Out of curiosity, are these short stories going to be included in the BGEE documentation?
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Even before I heard her voice, I knew she would be Imoen's BFF. In fact, my first EE playthrough is designed around the two of them having fun while my too-serious Sorcerer just shakes his head.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Love the voice - I do. Still not sure I want to deal with the aftermath of magic gone awry. Adds meaning to "Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads. Swords for everyone". It now serves as a reminder to keep clear of Neera
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    _Q_ said:

@PhillipDaigle: Out of curiosity, are these short stories going to be included in the BGEE documentation?

While this is a great idea, the stories will unfortunately be too late for inclusion in the manual. Further chapters are coming in the future, and they're being worked on right now.
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Wow, some top quality voice acting right there. I'm already a Neera fan.
  • PhillipDaiglePhillipDaigle Member Posts: 654
    Nicola was great, we're all really happy with the job she did. Just please don't stalk her.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Sounds like she'll be a bit of a madcap. I like her! Love the voice acting.