Skip to content

Golden pantaloons lost? [SPOILER]

cespenarcespenar Member Posts: 9
Hi, I've just beaten the game (awesome btw!), encountered a few serious bugs here and there but there is one thing that actually bothers me: where are my golden pantaloons? After my character was released from jail near the end of the game his belongings should've been found on the table next to the exit. Everything was there except the pantaloons. Of course after importing the character to BG2 the item was absent in its usual place.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Have I missed something? :)

Comments

• Incantus89Incantus89 Member Posts: 28
    Well a fix for now is EE keeper, still works fine with BG2EE, that way you can add them yourself since you did by all means get them.
  • cespenarcespenar Member Posts: 9
    Thank you. Yes, I know about EE keeper but I don't know if it's on mac. Anyway, a simple console command would do the job as well. Of course it's still annoying :) I can confirm though that the problem doesn't occur when the pantaloons are put into the bag of holding. The bag is on the table and the pantaloons are inside, as expected.
  • FraglimatFraglimat Member Posts: 3
    Aren't they supposed to be behind the picture on the wall next to the table and golem?
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Yes, but only if they are in your characters inventory when you import him/her into BG2 from BG1.
    Fraglimat
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Did you check both tables?
  • cespenarcespenar Member Posts: 9
    Gate70 said:

Did you check both tables?

Of course ;)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @cespenar Probably worth opening a ticket on this then...if there's not already one there.
  • demilichdemilich Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2018
    Sorry for necroing such an old thread, just wanted to say that this exact bug is still present after patch 2.5. Got released from jail, all of my stuff was on the table except the pantoloons. I am 100% certain I had them in my inventory (and they were NOT in a bag of holding)

Update: I think I know what the issue was. There are a lot of items on other characters which get transferred over to charname, including all scroll/potion/ammo jar and some quest items. The game tries to put everything into the inventory, but when the capacity is reached, some items are forcefully dropped. I loaded an older savegame (just after exiting Avernus), and removed everything from the main character inventory except the pantaloons and 2 or 3 other items. This worked: the pantaloons were on the table after being released from jail.
    Post edited by demilich on
    JuliusBorisovAedan
  • Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
    edited October 2018
    I just ran into this as well. Had to drop most items from my companions in order for the golden pants to finally end up on that table.

With all the quest-related items you and your companions are carrying (in addition to your own gear), it's pretty much impossible for the pants to be there unless you specifically drop most things prior to the incident with Skie.

Is this being worked on?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    You should open a ticket about it. A save game to reproduce this would be useful.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • Blue_ThreeBlue_Three Member Posts: 28
    Gee, I should have thought of that. Having finished the game, I deleted everything but the last autosave. Guess someone else will have to check their save.