Skip to content

URGENT changes to be made

NouserNouser Member Posts: 53
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I dont know if all these changes can be implemented. But seriously,the game needs them desperatedly. Without them,the enhanced edition will be too much like the original the game. So,what will be the point of having something almost identical to vanilla? At least lets hope some of them can be in the new game.

1-alignment change (repost)

There is already a mod (virtue mod) that changes your alignment from good to bad in accordance with your actions. http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=107&Itemid=82/

It would also be great if a change from chaotic/lawful could be executed (like in planescape) . As unfortunately,the virtue mod does not allow it.

2-Main character dialogue change in accordance with intellectual habilities and charisma.

This was done in neverwinter. Do you guys think it could be done in bg?

3-Some creature variety would be nice. Nothing that would change the animations from bg.But some orcs and goblins along with the regular hobgoblins of swordcoast would make a differnce from the past versions.

I wonder if creatures from icewind and planescape could be added too using infinite animations (from erephine) ?
Why not putting torment or icewind creatures ,maybe even some magic and sound? Since beamdog has the rights from them we could add whole new contents to the baldurs gate series.

I believe erephine has mods that enable even animations from neverwinter to be in the game right?

4-VERY IMPORTANT: The tutu/trilogy character banters (to all characters) should be urgentely added within the enhanced edition! that is fundamental. Alternatively the mods should be made very easy to install off-enhanced edition. These also include romances with characters like dynaheir,branwen and shar-tell. And character quests.

5-The best mods that were added in bg tutu/trilogy (example:mods that add extra quests and unfinished business) should be of easy installation.Or should be in the enhanced edition.

6-it is good that the erephine model customization mod is added. No complains there,but will the bg1 animations coexist with the ones from bg2 or you will have to choose between them?

7- extra creatures could also potentially lead to extra quests and itens (properly balanced) involving them.

8-Will shadowkeeper cheats be compatible with enhanced edition?
Post edited by Nouser on

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Dynaheir, Branwen and Dynaheir, hmm? Trying to tell us something? ;)
  • NouserNouser Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2012
    Off-topic. is there any mod that add neverwinter and planescape creatures and variety of models to bg? Or at least that adds bg2 orcs to bg1. I find astounishing that,instead of orcs and goblins we find the lame xvarts in bg1.

I always wondered if THIS would be such mod: http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/readme/infinityanimations.html
    edited September 2012
    "Dynaheir, Branwen and Dynaheir, hmm? Trying to tell us something? ;) "

Lolz. corrected it :P
    edited September 2012
    Zafiro

But does this mod really add something in an ordained way or is it just for modders?

I always had quite a headache trying to understand the best mods,the order to install them (usually very important), incompability issues,etc. mainly because the mods were too vast. I hope enhanced edition will make things easier at least.

A list of the best tutu/trilogy mods would be great too. If you guys could make some suggestions
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2012
    Adds stuff from PS:T, D2, IWD, NWN etc., might be a bit messy at first. Some mods actually need IA content for them to work.

You can start here - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1223/the-mod-list-with-thanks/p1

http://downloads.spellholdstudios.net/BiG World v11 english.pdf
    But where does it add? in a random way or just in key parts of the game? (example:new undead to tombs,new shadow creatures to the shadow temple where that black dragon is located)
    edited September 2012
    and installing this is easy or difficult?

In the case it is difficult (which probably is), beamdog should ease it for the players. The best mods should be very acessible.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    They're already pretty user-friendly. Run the .exe, select the components you want to install, ignore the ones you don't. The more complicated mods have readme files that explain what needs to be done differently.
    edited September 2012
    I wouldn't say it's difficult; depends on what people find to be easy or not. I doubt Beamdog will use animations from other games in BG:EE. My best advice on any request is to wait for the mods or just play the previous releases, heavily modded.
    edited September 2012
    Aosaw

compability issues with other mods? And where does it add these creatures (or do they just change the appearance of the ones in the vanilla game?)

Sorry for the excessive questions

Zafiro

The problem is that the quantity of mods and the order they need to be intalled (to avoid incompability) ,can be difficult to grasp. And it is hard to know what are the best and more updated mods out there.
    edited September 2012
    Big World Setup helps clearing most of compatibility trouble.
    About IA, well some can change the default appearance, and some can be models never used before in BG, that certain mods need it; Packmule comes to mind. The hassle about IA was extracting the files.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/47668-w-packmule/

Big World Setup - http://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/downloads.php?id=2

Mega Mod help - http://www.shsforums.net/forum/193-mega-mod-help/
    edited September 2012
    Zafiro

It does not add these models at random,right? Amd which are the best tutu/trilogy mods in your opinion?
    All the quest mods, Sword Coast Stratagems, Worldmap, etc. Some may find the NPC mods to be alot of fun; I usually skip most, but feel free to explore.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    @Nouser - as far as mods go, IA is moderately difficult to install but don't let that scare you. Assuming you have an English or Western European operating system, it should be easy enough if you follow the readme instructions.

http://readme.spellholdstudios.net/infinityanimations.html

The developers are working on enabling new slots which should ease some of the burden, but we would still likely have to provide the extra animations via a mod.

As for your requests, I think they are all best handled by mods rather than pushed into the game itself...

#1 - Use Virtue, as you say. Unfortunately it has not been maintained for some time, but still...
    #2 - Rogue Rebalancing does this somewhat, at least for thievery consequences
    #3 - In addition to Infinity Animations, try BGSpawn, which should give you orcs and goblins. Also Aurora's Shoes puts in whole goblin lairs (yes, it's not just a shoe mod :D).
    #4 - You want the BG1 NPC Project for that.
    #5 - Well, you mention the mods you want there already...
    #6 - One Pixel Productions (1PP) as well as Infinity Animations. We have been talking with the devs about using or at least making BG1 models available but no clear resolution as yet.
    #7 - any number of mods do that
    #8 - dunno but I would expect so, but it sounds like you should also look at the Level 1 NPCs mod

Putting all those mods into BG:EE is probably not going to be done. Some (like 1PP) already are in though. Others might be good optional add-ons provided with the game and installed via a custom menu in the same way they do it with some games like the Civilization series etc.
    edited September 2012
    The thing is about IA, if you use BWS to install your megamod, the extraction method can't extract the files properly, you have to do it yourself, or the setup will skip it, and you have to watch out for the setup not to overwrite the IA folder. But you don't need IA for the first run.
    @Zafiro - that sounds like dated information or did you test it recently? The BWS/BWFixpack folks said they fixed the extraction thing ages ago IIRC.

Also, if you are playing a megamod/BWP type of game, you need Infinity Animations because there are not enough animation slots to accomodate all the animations those mods want to add (they end up all overwriting each other, which is a real mess and the main reason for the mod's creation in the first place).
    edited September 2012
    Miloch.

Thanks for the help. Are there incompability stuff regarding these mods? Any special order that it need to be installed? Plus,the animations from bg1 replace the ones from bg2 regarding character models, Or can they coexist?

Notice that virtue mod does NOT add chaos/lawful axis in torment style though.

Post edited by Nouser on
    edited September 2012
    "Putting all those mods into BG:EE is probably not going to be done. Some (like 1PP) already are in though. Others might be good optional add-ons provided with the game and installed via a custom menu in the same way they do it with some games like the Civilization series etc."

That could be a way to beamdog really change things. would be really good stuff.
    @Nouser - use the BiG World Setup (BWS) or the BiG World Project (BWP) instructions:

http://dabus.bplaced.net/BWP/bws.php
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/534-big-world-v11-english/

I have not used BWS for a while and I don't think it is maintained like it was, but last I used it, it was really smooth. It sorts out any compatibility issues and you can choose from predetermined setups - start with the "recommended" setup or "tactical" if you like challenging mods that add difficulty to the game. Stay away from the so-called "expert" install as it adds buggier mods. You can also pick and choose which mods you want from within the BWS program. Also read the readmes... I know no-one does but read the Infinity Animations readme at least (linked above) which should answer most of your questions about it. Yes, it adds BG1 character animations and you can even pick and choose which characters you want them for and which proportions you want in relation to BG2 animations. (Also Chevalier has told me to say it's got *nekkid pictures* to get people to read it :D.)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited September 2012
    It has been fixed a long time ago and it's still maintained by Dabus. You can download the latest version here: http://dabus.bplaced.net/BWP/bws.php

It allow for individual elements of every mod to be installed, checks for dependencies and incompatibilities, etc. My current BGT run was installed using it and it has been flawless.
    @Miloch, indeed that might not be the case for IA anymore. And BWS seems to be updated every month or so.
    Having the biggest changes being added alternatively through mod packs with corrected compability issues and easier installation in comparison with the non-enhanced bg trilogy/tutu series would be perfect.

• krikkertkrikkert Member Posts: 26
    Nouser said:

2-Main character dialogue change in accordance with intellectual habilities and charisma.

This was done in neverwinter. Do you guys think it could be done in bg?

cha, int and wis had plenty impact on dialogue options in IWD 2 as well, but I doubt it can be changed in BG:EE, and its probly not worthwhile anyway
    i disagree. it makes the game cooler. And bring players to give value to intellectual characteristics. No sense in creating characters with intelligence 3 and see he speaking normally.

But yeah,maybe ir is too complicated because it would implicate having to change the dialogue of npcs (and possibly making changes to dialogue mods be necessary) . But then again,i dont understand why add new characters,for example, if they wont interact with the old ones,since dialogues of npcs cant (slightly!) change.
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    edited September 2012
    I'd prefer that wisdom, intelligence and charisma affect the outcome of dialogue options. I can see that being a realistic goal. At this point I doubt they'll add new dialogue, even though it's a great idea.

The effect of intelligence on dialogue in NWN was extremely irritating to me and kind of pointless. "Me not done want need tutorial now" is not my idea of how a dark fantasy setting should begin.
    edited September 2012
    If they dont have time, maybe beamdog could cooperate with modders to add these stuff later,or maybe do this through DLCS?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Considering the sheer amount of dialogues in BG1 + BG 2 it could take years to implement with a small team... And I'm not even considering the many banter packs out there...