Skip to content

URGENT changes to be made

2»

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In any case, the code for this kind of thing already exists. Modders can implement this kind of feature if they want even now.
  • NouserNouser Member Posts: 53
    edited September 2012
    "Considering the sheer amount of dialogues in BG1 + BG 2 it could take years to implement with a small team... And I'm not even considering the many banter packs out there... "

that sucks because BG has so much potential. It would be a mesterpiece with more people working on it. Lets at least make codding easier then. Mods should be facilitated into the enhanced edition in the best way possible.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    @Nouser - considering it is already on your list, try the BG1 NPC Project. It not only adds a whole lot of dialogues and quests to BG1, but many of these (as I recall) are attribute-based, meaning have certain options with high intelligence, or charisma or what have you.

There is an argument for shipping the game with mods, but I am not sure that is feasible. There is at least a minimal amount of work involved to make existing mods compatible with BGEE, and that means modders must have access to BGEE first. So far, that number is quite small but will grow over time, no doubt. Perhaps it is something that might appear in a "gold edition" or similar, down the road (same as has been done for many other games). Anyway, it's a case worth making, perhaps in a separate request so it gets the attention it deserves.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    @Nouser The BG saga is already a masterpiece. That's the reason most of us are here.

Most of the things you requested are verboten per the contract allowing the EE to be created. You might want to check out the faq if you haven't already: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/1588/bgee-please-read-list-of-things-that-cant-be-done.

Basically, the altering of existing NPCs (like the banter pack) or existing content (like changing/adding enemy types to certain encounters) is against the rules that Overhaul agreed to. Even if they wanted to make those changes, and had the money, people and time to to it; they still can't. If you want you can complain to Bioware/Atari/Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast or whoever the contract was with, but the fact is that this where we are.

The bright side is that as many have already mentioned mods that do most of these things already exist. And while they will not be integrated into the EE they can be converted to work with it. And since the EE is designed to be more 'mod friendly' than the original releases they should (in time) be easier to install and have fewer bugs. *crosses fingers*
    edited September 2012
    Kilroy, i think that if the change does not affect the game story and scenery,than it should be a possibility. Most of the mods i suggested there only use the black isle content.

I agree that changing the story is bad. But there are great mods that should at least be facilitated into the game optionallly, i think.

Also,baldurs gate is a masterpiece. But the old blackisle games have content to make it even greater. All if this without changing the game style one bit.
    Post edited by Nouser on
    edited September 2012
    Hey miloch. May you tell me which one is better, trilogy or tutu? i only installed tutu.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    @Nouser - they both have their merits and there are probably countless threads on various forurms arguing for one or the other. Tutu is fine to get started with, but BGT has better maintenance and is also the way to go if you want to play BG1+BG2 a bit more seamlessly.
  • NachtwacheNachtwache Member Posts: 36
    I also would enjoy seeing some kind of alignment change in the EE ...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I prefer BGT for the continuity. It makes the one game to rule them all ;)
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    @Nouser

I'm going to be as polite as I can possibly be here. It doesn't matter what you think. It doesn't matter what I think, or other forumgoers think or even what Overhaul thinks. All that matters is what the contract allows to be added and what it does not. The kind of things you are asking for have been explicitly stated as being out. If that's the breaking point for you then so be it, but asking for things like this won't do anything but create greater disappointment for you in the end.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    BGT all the way!