Skip to content

Protection from undead?

Hi.

I am trying to get me the staff of the magi, but I'm having some rather wierd problem doing so. Both the vampire and this Lich in particular seems to ignore that my frontliners are protected from undead with a scroll. The Lich keeps casting spells at me, and the vampire drains my level until I am mauled to death with my Max hp set to 14 or whatever.

The scrolls are legit, they aren't cursed ones. I bought them from Advenuterers mart, Rivald.

Any ideas? I will post Prtscrns if it is necessary. Thank you.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    Are they being dispelled? Are you using any mods?

I'm not sure I remember how the unmodded battle goes, exactly, but I seem to recall there being dispels flying around.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Do you have SCS installed? If you do, they'll figure out a way to get at you. Otherwise, you need to keep everyone not protected from undead out of sight. They can target your party with AOE.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If Vaxall, the Beholder, can see you, he will dispel Pro Undead with his Anti-Magic Ray. Kill him and your scrolls will stay functional... Although SCS liches will use Remove Magic on themselves to dispel any nearby characters using the scroll, so if you have SCS, you'll still have to watch out for an Abjuration spell from Shangalar.

Note that Shangalar cannot see through normal invisibility like most liches. A bunch of Potions of Invisibility could be enough to take down Vaxall if you drink one after every attack roll. You may have to strike him from behind so he has to turn around to zap you, which should give you enough time to drink a potion before he can retaliate. Once Vaxall is gone, you can rely on those scrolls.
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133

If Vaxall, the Beholder, can see you, he will dispel Pro Undead with his Anti-Magic Ray. Kill him and your scrolls will stay functional... Although SCS liches will use Remove Magic on themselves to dispel any nearby characters using the scroll, so if you have SCS, you'll still have to watch out for an Abjuration spell from Shangalar.

Note that Shangalar cannot see through normal invisibility like most liches. A bunch of Potions of Invisibility could be enough to take down Vaxall if you drink one after every attack roll. You may have to strike him from behind so he has to turn around to zap you, which should give you enough time to drink a potion before he can retaliate. Once Vaxall is gone, you can rely on those scrolls.

Oh, I didn't know that. Probably the reason why the scrolls got disfunctional. Thank you.