Skip to content

Recruiting Edwin after Dynaheir has been rescued and removed.

Is it possible to play with both Minsc and Edwin by rescuing Dynaheir with Minsc in
Chapter 2, dismissing Dynaheir from party for several weeks of R&R after her ordeal, then recruiting Edwin, perhaps sometime in Chapter 3??? Will he stay the course?? [Of course, keeping in mind that Edwin will leave if Party Reputation gets as high as 17]

Comments

• NecrophagousNecrophagous Member Posts: 2
    Edwin leaves at reputation 17? Thanks for the spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Necrophagous. It's not a spoiler. It's a game mechanic. All evil NPCs leave if you have a high reputation (I thought it was 18+ but I could be wrong).

OP. Don't know I'm afraid. Do it and find out ;)
  • NecrophagousNecrophagous Member Posts: 2
    Ok it's not a spoiler. I did not realise it tells you this in the game manual (and it's 19+ for evil NPCs to break) There's a very easy way to get rid of an unwanted NPC that comes as a pair.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it's also something you can turn off with the happy patch in the tweak pack.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Eadwyn_G8keeper If you manage to dismiss only Dynaheir, so that Minsc stays, you should be able to get Edwin. But this way you'll get a quest from him about hilling Dynaheir (and if you do go and kill her, Minsc won't stay).
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    If you want to keep Edwin and get rid of Dynaheir, you can always kill her off somehow.