Skip to content

Why all the controversy? or, Great job on the Hypocrisy!

13»

Comments

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    Wayniac said:

I find the very idea of this type of game highly offensive. People with issue-free lives are clearly being singled out while many of those who do not have perfect lives are able to enjoy this game at the expense of those who do not deal with daily struggles.

I think you're taking @Grum 's joke too seriously...
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Having Mizhena struggling against a group of bigoted Orcs who want to somehow deny her rights would be reflective of "real world issues." Simply depicting her is not...unless you think the existence of trans people is itself an issue.

You ask her about her name, she tells you why she chose it. Then you leave. If we all agree that trans people exist and the creator of the Forgotten Realms has confirmed that they exist in the lore, then what issue does the depiction alone reflect?
  • NightRevanNightRevan Member Posts: 81
    edited April 2016

Wayniac said:

I find the very idea of this type of game highly offensive. People with issue-free lives are clearly being singled out while many of those who do not have perfect lives are able to enjoy this game at the expense of those who do not deal with daily struggles.

I think you're taking @Grum 's joke too seriously...
    I don't think he was being serious either though my sarcasm sense could be off :smile: , it was a joke as well in response I think.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    Totally was a joke. Reread the last line. :smiley: