Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in Siege of Dragonspear *SPOILERS*

Comments

• SamuelSamuel Member Posts: 12
    great post! will be hunting some more for a few of those items :)

if you steal from Imoen you can get a stack of 100 potions of speed...a stack of 100 is kind of a special item...I suppose

or maybe it was a bug, haven't played again after the patch

thank you for the list anyway, never thought there were that many new items, some sound very tasty!
    ajwz
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited May 2016
    Where is the robe of the red flames?

Solved. Gift from Edwin when we solve a certain... issue for him.
    Post edited by kamuizin on
    ajwz
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2016
    Deleted by user
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    There's nothing like using sundermaul on Viconia after a moderately long battle and then Earthquake strikes your entire party unconscious.

FML...
    semiticgoddessThacoBell
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited May 2016
    The Bard Hat can be found in SoA on one of the Bounty Hunters in the Planar Prison. Again, I had it in my inventory on importing, but don't know if that is a requirement.
    ajwz
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    edited May 2016
    @Fardragon The bard hat in bg2 is created via script in the inventory of Aawill (planar prison npc) with a check about SoD, so it is required to have the item in your party inventory when importing your game.
    Same for the helmet of dumathoin.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Thanks everyone! updated again with new information
  • SugarySugary Member Posts: 5
    where does Cloak of the Gargoyle drop?
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Sugary said:

where does Cloak of the Gargoyle drop?

Area BD5100
    (underground river crusaders' camp) as a reward for finding and helping two young drow
  • AnaxieAnaxie Member Posts: 79
    For noteable Extras there are like 2 more Rings of Wizardry.
  • ThrairThrair Member Posts: 10
    What part of the campaign does Edwin offer his quest? I'd rather not miss the robes.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Anyone know if Vexation+2 is importable to BG2 or is naturally there by chance?
    Aerakar
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    ajwz said:

Axe of Krunthur (Returning throwing axe, +1 attack per round, 33% chance per hit that the target takes 1 poison damage per second for 2 rounds (Save vs. Death negates), Mkhiin Only) - Kanaglyms

Cool! Krunthur is one of the horde officers in IWD II, isn't he? :)
    I hadn't thought about that, but you may be right
    It wouldn't surprise me given the SoD endboss is from IWD1
  • I stole a Case of plenty +1 from one of the generals (can't remember which) in the coalition camp. Makes me hope there is a Bag of plenty +1 also. And perhaps a quiver too.
    ajwz
    I'd be interested to know which generals
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    The Case of Plenty +1 can be stolen from Torsin de Lancie. You can also steal the powerful "The Guard's Ring +2" from him.

Both the Quiver of Plenty +1 and Bag of Plenty +1 are apparently only available in the Black Pits campaign.
    ajwzAerakar
  • ajwz said:

I'd be interested to know which generals

Luckily there was a chapter save right before that so I could check. It was Torsin de Lancie. He also had a normal Crossbow +2 if that could be of interrest.
    ajwz
    Thank, updated the guide :)
  • gmazcagmazca Member Posts: 60
    Man, anyone else think Severance +2 should be importable? Serious lack of great Bastard Swords in BG2, TOB withstanding of course.
    edited October 2016
    I noticed the location for Sword of Ruin +2 is not listed.

It is in the Korlasz Family Tomb. On the bottom level, use the torch on the purple flame. Place that torch in the south-most room on the unlit pole next to the two other burning flames. This will open a secret passage. The sword is in one of the chests, but be careful. A TON of enemies spawn.

ajwz
    thanks i appreciate it, updated =)
    edited October 2016
    No problem. I'm actually debating whether to have Dorn use the Sword of Ruin +2 or keep using The World's Edge. Man, first world problems...lol.
    Aerakar
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    edited October 2016
    Hm... an extra +2 save vs. spell and 8% MR doesn't really seem like enough to make Wizard Slayers worth playing. Especially with the save bonus taking up a weapon slot with a +2 long sword. I really like the concept of the kit, they just need more help.

That's assuming they even import into SOA.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    @ajwz Now when the Gamebanshee site is updated, you can check their item section for SoD items (although they somehow don't have belts shown) - http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/equipment.php. Using this source is easy - just check each category and look for "SOD" mention. One downside is that it doesn't always tell you how to obtain an item.

For example, the OP doesn't mention Lucky Boots (saving Throws: +3 to dwarves) - the boots Belegarm can make during the Helvdar's Lucky Charm quest. You can keep these boots and give Helvdar ordinary boots.
    batoorAerakar
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited December 2016
    PugPug said:

Hm... an extra +2 save vs. spell and 8% MR doesn't really seem like enough to make Wizard Slayers worth playing. Especially with the save bonus taking up a weapon slot with a +2 long sword. I really like the concept of the kit, they just need more help.

That's assuming they even import into SOA.

You get a pair of Wizard Slayer boots as well with 7-8% magic resistance for other classes/kits and 15% for wizard slayer. They don't import into SoA though sadly.

I suppose people interested could make a request to Edvin with his mod, if you want to give Wizard slayers a slight facelift for SoA as well.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/56567/bgii-ee-unofficial-item-pack/p1

JuliusBorisov
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Does anyone knows where to get the crossbows Harold and Astral?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Raduziel said:

Errm ... I'm not in SoD at the moment, I'm currently busy finishing BG2ee:ToB instead ... but IIRC, the Astral Crossbow is obtained ...
    ... in Kanaglym, from the Guardian who shows up after you free (and kill) the lich revealed by the Spectacles of Spectacle.

I remember also having the Harold Crossbow, but at the moment I can't recall where I found it, sorry.
    RaduzielAerakarJuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    Raduziel said:

For questions like these, check http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/equipment.php.

"Harold +2 (SOD)
    How Obtained:
    • Underground River (Surface) - Found in Rhynwis' hidden cache (SOD)"
    lolienRaduzielAerakar
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115
    edited January 2017
    With a quick look I didn't see it so:

There is the club Root of the problem, as from SoA

obtainable with a quest from a druid somewhere.