Skip to content

Weeeird Bug! Help!!!

So I have Aerie in the party because I'm a masochist. She gave me the quest to go back to Quayle. I went back to the circus and she said the homecoming line to Keldorn as per the usual. Then Quayle started talking to Jan out of nowhere. A pretty lengthy exchange after which, I talk to Quayle and he doesnt have a quest for me to go to to the chick in Five Flagons or wherever. So now its in my questlog as "return to Quayle" and Quayle has nothing to say. I've tried reloading, I've tried sleeping and then returning, nothing. This is going to suck if I lose Aerie as shes my only cleric.

Comments

• AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    Sounds like a quest collision.... I dunno how to fix it.... maybe resummon with clua?

If not you gotta restart.... or go get viconia from the govt district.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    Aerie is the one who should initiate the conversation. Try moving her closer to Quayle. If that doesn't work I can get a console code for you.
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2016
    If tressets solution is correct and you can reload. Reform your party so she points closest to quayle. This way she will initiate the dialogue. (Ie put her leader or something)

Quest/time line collision as I thought.

I think he's gonna need the clua tho.
    C:SetGlobal("QuayleRaelis","GLOBAL",2)
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    @Tresset Even though I'm not the OP, I feel like I should thank you for this. I actually had this exact same problem yesterday. Will try your solution tonight.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    Thanks @Tresset for looking that up. However I dont know anything about "console codes" or how to input/change them. So what I did was just saved Hear'dalis from the wizard and visited Raelis. I dont know if that worked because the quest is still in my log but Aerie hasnt complained yet.
    @Diomedes33 I can help you set up the console if you wish, it's really not that hard. :)

@Tresset C:SetGlobal("QuayleRaelis","GLOBAL",2) didn't work for me, C:SetGlobal("QuayleRaelis","GLOBAL",1), however, did. I reckon it's a boolean that I just set as true. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction anyway. :D
    @Dev6 The code I provided should make it so that the game thinks Aerie already spoke to Quayle.

Anyway, I did some further research into this and it appears that Aerie does not leave if you do not talk to Quayle so it shouldn't be much of a problem regardless.
    @Tresset I missunderstood then, I thought your code was supposed to enable the conversation between Aerie and Quayle, which is what mine does.