Skip to content

Anybody else playing mage charnames keep spell component items?

mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
Any body else keeping possible spell component items, such as the Master Brain blood, the hand of Dace, other things that a mage might keep for spell research or whatever? Or toss them out?

Edit: to clarify, I know these items aren't used in the game, I meant as roleplaying.
Post edited by mf2112 on

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Those can prove very useful.
    They are used as ingredients for powerful magical items.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I haven't , but I'm facepalming myself for bot doing so!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2016
    I don't, because I don't want to slow down the game by carrying a lot of unnecesary stuff, when bag of holding is clutttered I empty it asap:sell what I don't need, store what I may need in future in a safe container somewhere. (stronghold in soa, pocket plane in tob)
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    After years of playing i still keep everything with me (and from time to time store my unused stuff in my stronghold). It's not roleplaying, anyway, i just can't trash things on the floor that ***eventually*** could be of some use.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I don't have time to sit down for a month in my laboratory in the planar sphere crafting magic items.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Who needs to conduct research and create magical items when you can get both by simply killing powerful mages and looting their homes?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

Who needs to conduct research and create magical items when you can get both by simply killing powerful mages and looting their homes?

I guess eventually we would run out of mages. Being the only target in the area would not be so good maybe either.
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2016
    If you count as I do play through number 1 attempting to mostly full clear on a black guard keeping every scrap item I find that is quest related as well as everything that requires a lore roll... sure...

(I do plan to see if that crazy gnome Jan cannot however create for me a keyring of all the keys I have collected and the divine knowledge of all scriptures I have collected bolstered by the power of the shadow dragon stone to create for me the ultimate hidden lockpick.... I just hope I don't lose it...)

Edit: game needs more bat guano tho. .
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Aewyrven said:

If you count as I do play through number 1 attempting to mostly full clear on a black guard keeping every scrap item I find that is quest related as well as everything that requires a lore roll... sure...

(I do plan to see if that crazy gnome Jan cannot however create for me a keyring of all the keys I have collected and the divine knowledge of all scriptures I have collected bolstered by the power of the shadow dragon stone to create for me the ultimate hidden lockpick.... I just hope I don't lose it...)

Edit: game needs more bat guano tho. .

I generally start keeping everything quest related, but then thin it out to only things that might be interesting to a mage/sorceror in between adventures and with a planar sphere as a base if I am playing that. Definitely the demon hearts just in case someone puts a mod together to go somewhere else.... :) and can someone put in eye of newt too. I want to mix that with the bat guano to make a tracking fireball.

When I play a thief combo again though, I would definitely like to bring in the SOD keyring and keep every key I found.
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited April 2016
    @mf2112 I keep a junk drawer.... 1 for weap 1 for shields 1 for accessories... 1 for wands... potions ammo... then get the cases and 86 a few of em. One for craft ables. .. one for junk stuff... hey I own a keep... or a planar sphere.... there's lots of chests to store things.... and if there isn't. .. well... copper coronet has a few tables I can... borrow...

And I took on the slavers... I'm a vip. Don't steal my wallet or I'll bury you too. *wink*