Skip to content

Is Tiax recruitable

I've seen conflicting information on this. Is it possible, is this bugged? I've only tried once and he refused to join but I was neutral.

Comments

• VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    He is not... i play both good and bad characters and he still didn't join me because he is afraid of the Crusade.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    It doesn't seem so. But you'll continue to serve him once he rules!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Ctrl+q
    Ctrl+j
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    Given that his voiceset is still old... nope. Don't think so.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    He is in jail and he won't come out. I am so furious and bitter about this. Not only is he impossible to protect in BG2 he is made to be a coward in Bg Siege. I have a theory that the Beamdog player was infatuated with Tiax and felt used and unloved when Bg2 came out and he was not a romanceableMaster.

They wanted him to cast dominant person on their character so they could be a thespian sans culpability. When they found the original BG2 had him as a no romance option when in true life they wanted to bless his feet - they became wrought with bitterness and made him a weak jailed coward in Siege sheltering from violence. I only wish I could have kept him in my party and slain the flaming fist who arrested him. Of course that is only because I wanted to have some snappy interactions with the smart guys and girls in my party who counter our rule
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Unfortunately, people saw some early screenshots with Tiax and spread inadvertent misinformation that Tiax was a joinable NPC. This happened with some of the other BG1 NPCs too.
  • EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    @Beowulf Hey, if I was a priest and my god would tell me to not go somewhere than I would rather stay. I don't think that's cowardice.. also Tiax is busy ruling the world anyways. Being in the cell is only a trick ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    jsaving said:

Unfortunately, people saw some early screenshots with Tiax and spread inadvertent misinformation that Tiax was a joinable NPC. This happened with some of the other BG1 NPCs too.

There have never been any SoD-related screenshots with Tiax.