Skip to content

What race are you going to play on your first run through BG:EE?

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Looked for a poll... And I could not findee... so...

This is a poll to see what races people are going to play on their first run through BG:EE! We wanna know if Gnomes are more popular that Dwarves!
  1. What race are you going to play on your first run through BG:EE?196 votes
    1. Human. Hooomaaans! we RULE!
      42.35%
    2. Elf. Snotty nosed and up themselves. But also suprisingly gay and sweet natured... (?)
      23.47%
    3. Dwarf. If you like a beard, these are the guys packing the chin ticklers. Also like to sing a good Hi HO! When underground.
        2.04%
    4. Gnome. Inventive folk who can be found all over England sitting on mushrooms fishing. You think they would have realised the easiest way to get the fish would be to drain the pond... but hey ho.
        5.10%
    5. Halfling. Only race to save money at the pub as they only need half pints...
        3.06%
    6. Half-Orc. Hooomaaans on steriods.
        4.59%
    7. Half-Elf. Hoooomaaaans on... laxatives?
      13.27%
    8. Klingon. Revenge is a dish best served cold...
        6.12%

Comments

• rodneyandsteptoerodneyandsteptoe Member Posts: 99
    Always play a Paladin so Human...
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    Long beard for me!
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    Human (if going for Paladin) Half-Orc (if going for something else). And I just can't imagine a short race being the protagonist...
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134

Always play a Paladin so Human...

You never have the need to play something else? That's one of BG strenghts, in my opinion
  • CyhortCyhort Member Posts: 78
    Elf. I always pick elf if I can in a game. Love me some elveses =D
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I usually go elf as well, mainly because I like to wield Varscona and the THAC0 bonus with long swords is nice to have.

Then again, half-orcs are good for that too; and they also get a bonus to damage...
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    I always pick human. I've never picked a different race. Why? I don't know.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    A Fighter as your main makes the most sense for an evil party imo
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Whoops - Wrong poll lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2012
    Half elf druid kit of some kind for me. Though I would not mind some live Gagh at the moment.
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Seriously, there needs to be more gnome-love here.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Gotta say I love the smell from my own armpits... so I gotta be an elf.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Half-elf because I'm playing a multi-class Fighter-Mage. And this was the very first character build I completed BG1 with, over a dozen years ago. I want to play him again, as I didn't use the class nearly as well as I could have in that first run through BG1.
  • MillardkillmooreMillardkillmoore Member Posts: 150
    Half-Orc. Having 19 Strength and Con on a Barbarian is a thing of beauty, plus I've always liked Half-Orcs for roleplaying purposes.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Saw this and had to choose it. :p
    Anyways, half-elf
  • I usually play human. If only because I have a hard time with the logic involved in figuring out a 20 year old Elf or Dwarf being raised to adulthood in Candlekeep by a human.
  • harvman11harvman11 Member Posts: 33
    Debating between human (probably wild mage) and dwarf (cleric or fighter/cleric)... Will probably end up going with the human, but not completely sure yet.
  • NightfallRobNightfallRob Member Posts: 43
    edited October 2012
    Half-elf. It takes forever to level, and there's some major draw backs, but fighter/cleric/magic-user is just fun :)
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Human, of course, and I resent your comments about the graceful, noble, long-lived Elves. They are the masters of sword, bow, and magic. Never forget that Joneleth Irenicus is/was an Elf. And since I am in favour of Elves, I will return the favour and state my feeling about Dwarves: Odium.

(Kidding on the resentment. I have a dwarf-loving friend and we poke fun at one another repeatedly, though I feel that Elves have more strong points than Dwarves, he would undoubtedly say vice versa.)
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Gnome, of course!
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    Half elf, because they're the only ones who can be Ranger/Clerics, which is what I'm planning to play.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    As my class choice is Paladin, there's no other option. Those knightly orders shure are racist :(
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Half-Orc all the way. Those humans are just way too ugly for my taste.
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    Eh Human I guess. Planning on going Cleric, and I don't like Dwarves.
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Playing an elf since its the closest to a Vulcanoid I can get ;)
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    edited October 2012
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Half-Orc, barbarian, dual wield with Flails.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I am reeling in shock! I thought Hooomans would be the least picked as they have no benefits apart from the dual class possibility. Either we have a lot of dual classers out there, or people just don't see the advantages of an Elf / Dwarf / Half-Orc fighter over a Human one...
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Anduin said:

I am reeling in shock! I thought Hooomans would be the least picked as they have no benefits apart from the dual class possibility. Either we have a lot of dual classers out there, or people just don't see the advantages of an Elf / Dwarf / Half-Orc fighter over a Human one...

I always play humans and I never dual class. I do sometimes play a multi-class character (Mage-Thief or FMT) but even then I use Gatekeeper to change my character into a human. The dual and multi-class restrictions in D&D never made much sense to me so I've always ignored them.