Skip to content

Portraits

Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
Here's a few Portraits to use for your Character: http://sakul86.deviantart.com/gallery/
lordkimHeroicSpurKoreBoasterTROUBLEMickyEldmoreScotGaymerwillmcclure72SirBuliwyflolien

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    You made those ? Nice work :O)
    Boaster
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    edited May 2012
    No, Mikernaut created them.
    And Thanks alot for the Like :)
    BoasterAlparon
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Good portraits, the only problem is that a lot of people are concerned with consistency with the BG1 style. You might want to keep hold of those and suggest them if (hopefully when) we come to an Icewindale EE.
    CorianderBoasterlolien
    edited May 2012
    I hope they will add alot more portraits for BG 1 thats not taken by NPC's, it feels abit guilty to steal their appearance's all the time.
    These portraits are made for "custom use" anyway if anyone wants to use them.
    Post edited by Zymran86 on
    Boaster
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    We've seen one new one so far, but I think that's for the new NPC. Hopefully there'll be many more (along with more voices too).
    Boasterpaulsifer42
    Yeah, no official word on it yet unfourtenetly. I hope that they will make some Forum Post with feature's that will be in
    Boaster
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    @HeroicSpur

Where is this new portrait and can I please see it?
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    @EpitomyofShyness,
    Take a look at @PhillipDaigle avatar ;)
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    I had asked for more CHARNAME-exclusive portraits on Reddit. If I manage to open new threads over here (my every effort has been unsuccessful so far) I will repost it.
    Zymran86
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    I had asked for more CHARNAME-exclusive portraits on Reddit. If I manage to open new threads over here (my every effort has been unsuccessful so far) I will repost it.
    You still can't start threads?
    You still can't start threads?
    Still have to try that, today: I have many new posts and threads to catch up with and comment :-) I'll try to start some new threads later and let you know if I still encounter problems.
    Hey Andrea, just a quick question ive been wanting to ask you, the infinity animitions theyve uploaded to spellhold studios, (A link is in my other thread called "a few request/Suggestions" do you have the original source art on those animitions?

Also about the portraits, i think the Elven faces in BG 2 are better than the ones in BG 1. What do you guys think about that? i liked Aeries and Jaheira's eyes, aswell as haer'daelis elven features (even altho he was a tiefling), unfourtenetly i think that haer'dalis had too bushy eyebrows xD
    paulsifer42
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @AndreaColombo

You might have the same problem that I do on my laptop. Have you tried making a thread with a small text (and by small I mean no longer than 10 lines)? If you can "Preview" it you should then be able to post it.
    GrungeChlapec
    Hey Andrea, just a quick question ive been wanting to ask you, the infinity animitions theyve uploaded to spellhold studios, (A link is in my other thread called "a few request/Suggestions" do you have the original source art on those animitions?
    Hi Zymran86,

no, I do not possess the source art assets for BG1 and nor do Miloch or Erephine. Infinity Animations simply restores the animations that were in BG1 if you're using the BG2 engine, but they are exactly the same as those found in BG1.

@Tanthalas

Today I have yet to try starting new threads (still doing catch-up work). I'll let you know how that works for me when I get to it - thanks for the heads up :-)
    Hey AndreaC,
    Thanks for your reply. i suspected that. :)
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Well, maybe their logo should be on the top and all down the side... *shrugs* It's a nice test run though... and it better not come down after all this!
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    Nice work :D tell Mikernaut to make more drow portraits!! :)
    With skin more dark like ebony :P and red iris or completely white...
    Hello from Italy!
    Hey, glad you liked them. :)
    Yeah shes abit light skinned, but i wanted her to be in tune with Viconia's color so i tought it was better that it was too bright than too dark :P
  • maverickmaverick Member Posts: 27
    Well I guess there'll be always unsatisfied people with new portraits, so the better way is to custom itself according to the kit and the race, but it's not going to be easy for each kit.
  • ZakerosZakeros Member Posts: 75
    Since it's a portrait thread, does anyone know what set does my avatar comes from? I know there were portraits for every NPC from BG2 in it, just can't find it.
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    @Zakeros
    Check this out: http://strefarpg.pl/download/baldurs_gate2/fotki.rar
    maybe this is what you're looking for
    Eldmore
    edited June 2012
    @powerfulally nah, I've seen this one, (U from Poland too?) the set my avatar comes from is presenting real actors adjusted to Baldur's Gate style. For example, I know mine av is Jude Law as Cernd, but couldn't find the whole set anywhere.

Edit: Well, this set also have real actors, haha, but still - the one I'm looking for was all in the tone of mine avatar, alot of greys and somewhat sombre.
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    @Zakeros Yeah, I'm from Poland :)
    Try searching by image on google images, maybe that will do the job.
    Tried many times ;p

Off top: @ScottBrooks , @CameronTrofer , or some other Administrator - we really do need social forum here, it could develop into some creativity, specially that there surely are people who'd be going on well ;) As you can see, there are people having something in common, soooo...
    powerfulallySirBuliwyf
    @Drugar Thank you very much, most of them were on @powerfulally link, but not the ones I've been looking for :)
    @Drugar Thanks!! :D
    edited June 2012
    Updated with a few new portraits. http://sakul86.deviantart.com/
    Good! ^_^