Skip to content

Portraits

124»

Comments

• Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    I had a question for the BG:EE team, will there not be any new portraits for the PC Version?
  • KelvanKelvan Member Posts: 31
    Hi! Here you my personal portraits collection!
    http://digilander.libero.it/Kelvan/portraits.zip

I took them online through all these years!
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Zymran86 said:

I had a question for the BG:EE team, will there not be any new portraits for the PC Version?

@Zymran86

I'm not part of Overhaul, but I'm pretty sure that the PC/Mac versions will have new portraits available by default. Those same portraits will be paid DLC for the iOS and Android versions.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267

There will be many new portraits, and voice sets, in all of the versions.

Many!? Oh my goodness, I'm geeking out like crazy here.
    Thanks alot for your reply @Thantalas and Phil,
    The new pit arena, will it be avaible for multiplayer for coop?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Zyrman86 Yes.
    Great to hear, thanks for you reply Coriander.
  • deserkdeserk Member Posts: 35
    Will portraits be easier to add in on BGEE? I found it a real hassle getting portraits to work in BG1/2, since they need to be in a specific size (would be great if it automatically resized pics to the needed size) and file type. Will other file types like JPGs, TGAs, etc, be supported?

Also, would be very nice if BGEE added the ability to scroll down on the small portrait section with your mouse, rather than have to spam click on the down/up arrows when going through the portrait list, which can be a real pain if you got loads of custom portraits.
    RisingsunKirkor
  • NimzNimz Member Posts: 44
    deserk said:

Will portraits be easier to add in on BGEE? I found it a real hassle getting portraits to work in BG1/2, since they need to be in a specific size (would be great if it automatically resized pics to the needed size) and file type. Will other file types like JPGs, TGAs, etc, be supported?

Also, would be very nice if BGEE added the ability to scroll down on the small portrait section with your mouse, rather than have to spam click on the down/up arrows when going through the portrait list, which can be a real pain if you got loads of custom portraits.

Don't see the point in any of this because

If you are skilled enough to paint a portrait, then you certainly know how to resize it!?

If you are not skilled enough to paint a portrait then you download ones that people have already made in the correct sizes.

Creating at mini program that resizes images, allows you to choose resize area (so images are not skewed/squashed when they are the incorrect proportions and recognizes a load of different filetypes!? Is a complete waste of development time for the team imo
  • deserkdeserk Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2012
    Nimz said:

If you are skilled enough to paint a portrait, then you certainly know how to resize it!?

If you are not skilled enough to paint a portrait then you download ones that people have already made in the correct sizes.

Creating at mini program that resizes images, allows you to choose resize area (so images are not skewed/squashed when they are the incorrect proportions and recognizes a load of different filetypes!? Is a complete waste of development time for the team imo

If you got a lot of portraits you use for other games, yeah it is a real hassle to have to go through each one of them to get them to work with BG. And I've found sometimes, that even if you get them in the right size and filetype, they still won't work.

Some tinkering with the portrait system to make it more accessible and easier would be appreciated, since in BG a portrait is the only way of representing the appearance of a character.

And seriously, I don't know what you're getting so worked up over, it's not like asking them to do the hardest thing in the world. "Oh my God, we have to support other picture filetypes! Doing this is going to take away months of development time!"
    Risingsun
  • RisingsunRisingsun Member Posts: 99
    deserk said:

I fully support this and have been asking for it myself as well. I know post-ship they plan on adding support for the ipad to use files in pictures as portraits. So hopefully that makes its way over to the Mac and PC too.

"We want to support using iPad images for portraits, but at the moment, that is on the post-release work pile."

Its a nice feature for easy customization for your average player and it lets people use actual pictures of themselves, friends, or family as characters in the game among other possibilities.

• NimzNimz Member Posts: 44
    deserk said:

Nimz said:

If you got a lot of portraits you use for other games, yeah it is a real hassle to have to go through each one of them to get them to work with BG. And I've found sometimes, that even if you get them in the right size and filetype, they still won't work.

Some tinkering with the portrait system to make it more accessible and easier would be appreciated, since in BG a portrait is the only way of representing the appearance of a character.

And seriously, I don't know what you're getting so worked up over, it's not like asking them to do the hardest thing in the world. "Oh my God, we have to support other picture filetypes! Doing this is going to take away months of development time!"
    I've never added lots and lots of portraits to BG so maybe thats why I don't see this as too important.

But I guess if you do add lots of portraits to BG from different sources then it could be quite useful.

So in conclusion, although personally its not something im too fussed about, I do agree with you now and think it would be a nice little feature (certainly if no new portraits are added for the player)

• AlparonAlparon Member Posts: 58
    At any case there should be many portraits to choose from... like 50 or more....

Good drawings btw.
  • charnamecharname Member Posts: 13
    The portraits of the new characters are great. I especially loved that monk. I hope the others are as awesome as them
    lolien
  • KlonoaKlonoa Member Posts: 93
    Is there going to be different requirements/instructions for adding portraits? I'm hoping to make some to celebrate the release. I'd like to think I have gotten better at art since the first time this game rolled around :)