Skip to content

[v1.91] Artemius_I's House Rule Tweaks

2»

Comments

• StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited August 2018
    Any plans to make the House Rule Tweaks EET compatible? In the moment they probably are not, e.g.
    SKIPPING: [House Tweaks: Improved Dialogues (BG:EE)] This component must be installed on BG:EE. SKIPPING: [House Tweaks: Not-So-Indestructible Rats] This component must be installed on BG:EE. SKIPPING: [House Tweaks: Good-Aligned Roleplay Rewards (BG2:EE)] This component must be installed on BG2:EE. SKIPPING: [House Tweaks: Cloak of Dragomir only decreases stats in daylight] This component must be installed on BG2:EE.
    Some tweaks can be installed though
    SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED House Tweaks: Vanguard Fighter Kit SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED House Tweaks: Expanded Racial Bonuses SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED House Tweaks: Monk Can Use Quarterstaves SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED House Tweaks: Increased Constitution Bonuses SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED House Tweaks: Warrior HLAs

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @StefanO

I'm not certain but I don't think any of the content needs to be changed for EET specifically, so I just updated and enabled the components for an EET install. Please let me know if something doesn't work.
    Your github repository was last changed 14 hours ago so it doesn't make sense to download the mod again and reinstall it. I wonder why the skipped components were skipped.
    @StefanO

The components check for the game engine (to avoid BG1 components from being installed in BG2) but the check for EET needs to be manually added. Sorry, my connection is very slow here atm and it wasn't updated when I posted. It should be now.
    Thanks. Every component was now installed flawlessly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Sssiksseilor
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Any chance that you separate out some modules into different mods?

I originally really liked this Improved Dialogues mod! Now however it's like a totally different mod that is a lot more about new kits, new HLAs, rules changes, and what not that are so far removed from that one module that I want.

I know I could just choose to only allow that module to install and say no to all the other modules, but with so many new modules being added, that is becoming more tedious than the advantages I get out of that one module.
    @Thels

If I end up expanding the content and start introducing dialogue that end up changing the course of quests in a significant way then maybe it'll become sectioned off into its own mod. As it is I don't feel it deserves its own place anymore.
    Sssiksseilor
    That's a shame. That little mod was an awesome thing on it's own. Now it's kinda buried under the bloat of this mod...

Perhaps something like the following four components in a package?
    Improved Dialogues (BG:EE)
    Not-so-indestructible rats (BG:EE)
    Good-Aligned Roleplay Rewards (BG2:EE)
    Cloak of Dragomir only decreases stats in daylight (BG2:EE)

Those 4 components tweak specific tidbits of the campaign, and nothing else. The rest of the components are ruleschanges and additions that affect the game as a whole.

The new components indeed feel like "Houserules", which are hit or miss depending on the audience.

Those four 'legacy' components are more like minor story tweaks and conveniences, and not exacty "Houserules".

In the end, it's your mod, but having the convenience tweaks separated from the houserules would be nice. Perhaps other people that aren't looking for houserules would have an easier time spotting said tweaks as well.
    UOLegacy
    v1.6.
    GusindaSssiksseilor
    v1.6.1
    • Added negotiation for the Deck of Many Things
    • Dialogue with Brage improvement properly increases reputation
    Aesgareth is quite a likable fellow and it's a tough call having to kill him to get the Deck of Many Things, especially now that it can't be pickpocketed from him anymore. A bit of new dialogue now gives you the option to acquire it non-violently, but there is a permanent cost attached.
    ZaghoulThacoBellUOLegacy
    v1.7
    • Added Rebalanced Weapon Styles
    • Added Stat Bonuses to EENPCs in BG2
    • Added Useful Plot Items
    • Added Faster Troll Unconsciousness

Rebalanced Weapon Styles: Makes the Weapon Style proficiencies better all around.
    Two-Handed Weapon Style
    0 points: -1 penalty to Armor Class
    1 point: +1 Damage, +2 Speed Factor, +1 Critical Hit Rate
    2 points: +3 Damage, +4 Speed Factor, +1 Critical Hit Rate

Sword and Shield Style
    0 points: -1 penalty to THAC0
    1 point: +1 Armor Class, +1 Armor Class vs. Missiles
    2 points: +2 Armor Class, +4 Armor Class vs. Missiles

Single Weapon Style
    0 points: Nothing
    1 point: +1 THAC0, +1 Armor Class, +1 Critical Hit Rate
    2 points: +2 THAC0, +2 Armor Class, +2 Critical Hit Rate

Two Weapon Style
    0 points: -4 penalty to THAC0, -8 penalty to Off-Hand THAC0
    1 points: -2 penalty to THAC0, -4 penalty to Off-Hand THAC0
    2 points: -2 penalty to THAC0, -2 penalty to Off-Hand THAC0
    3 points: +2 Armor Class, -2 penalty to Off-Hand THAC0
    Stat Bonuses to EENPCs in BG2: Gives small stat boosts to the returning EENPCs from BG1.

Rasaad: +1 Strength, Dexterity, Constitution
    Neera: +2 Constitution, +1 Intelligence
    Dorn: +1 Dexterity, +2 Charisma

Useful Plot Items: Same as the original mod. Adds abilities to the Symbol of Amaunator, Shadow Dragon Wardstone and Mask of Strohm III.

Faster Troll Unconsciousness: Modifies trolls to fall down significantly faster when at critical health.
    StefanORaduzielZaghoul
    Sounds to me more like "Buffed Weapon Styles" rather than "Rebalanced Weapon Styles" :P
    Three small components added and one component revised.

Expanded Racial Enemies
    Adds new racial enemies.
    This component unifies the racial enemy selection between BG:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE and offers an expanded variety of choices. The available racial enemies include:
    • Ankheg
    • Basilisk
    • Bear
    • Beholder
    • Carrion Crawler
    • Doppleganger
    • Dragon
    • Drider
    • Dwarf
    • Elemental
    • Elf
    • Ettercap
    • Ettin
    • Fairy
    • Fiend
    • Genie
    • Ghoul
    • Giant
    • Gibberling
    • Githyanki
    • Goblin
    • Golem
    • Gnoll
    • Gnome
    • Half-elf
    • Half-orc
    • Halfling
    • Hobgoblin
    • Human
    • Imp
    • Kobold
    • Kuo-toa
    • Lich
    • Lizardfolk
    • Lycanthrope
    • Mephit
    • Mind Flayer
    • Minotaur
    • Myconid
    • Ogre
    • Orc
    • Otyugh
    • Rakshasa
    • Sahuagin
    • Salamander
    • Shadow
    • Shambling Mound
    • Skeleton
    • Slime
    • Spider
    • Troll
    • Umber Hulk
    • Vampire
    • Wolf
    • Wyvern
    • Yeti
    • Yuan-ti
    • Zombie

Restore Reputation Increase Sound Effect for BG2
    Restores the reputation increase sound for BG2.
    This component brings the reputation increase jingle from BG:EE into BG2:EE.

Race Text Patch
    Adds character record text for all races.
    This component adds text to the character record screen for all races in the game.

Hoodless Thief Avatars
    Changes the unarmored thief avatar.
    This component restores the hoodless avatars for unarmored thieves from vanilla BG2. Options for each race can be chosen individually.
    OlvynChuruRaduziel
    Fixed troll component... I hope no one actually installed this only to find that enemy trolls were literally never falling over. My bad!
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited June 2019
    I like your HLA changes. Is there any way I can make them overlap Refinements HLA?
    Post edited by Arthas on
    AionZ wrote: »
    Fixed troll component... I hope no one actually installed this only to find that enemy trolls were literally never falling over. My bad!

The fix isn't committed to GitHub yet, right?

(I actually encountered this bug)
    @StefanO

Ah... damn it! I won’t be able to fix this until later in the day.
    No problem. Take your time. I'm pleased the problem is already understood.
    @StefanO

I passed the troll fix now.
    AionZ wrote: »
    I passed the troll fix now.

Thanks. The trolls are killable again without casting a death spell.

Sorry, another issue with the House Tweaks (v1.8.1)

if I try to install the Useful Plot Item component, weidu reports a successful install. But nothing is installed at all, the ovveride folder remains unchanged.

The stand alone useful plot item mod never had this problem.
    Fixed the plot items component. Faster Troll Unconsciousness isn't working properly for IWD:EE and I've restricted it to BG for the moment, and I'll make it compatible for that game once I figure out why some of the mechanics are causing issues. Speaking of IWD, there's a new component for that game alone:

NPC Soundsets for Icewind Dale: One of the biggest flaws of IWD in my opinion, as inconsequential as it is to gameplay, is the complete silence of the majority of NPCs in the game due to their lack of soundsets, which in my opinion hurts the atmosphere of the game. This component injects some of the BG soundsets to most of the appropriate NPCs in the game, save for a few already-voiced characters (e.g. Hrothgar, Arundel). I've tried to use as wide a range of voices as possible so nothing sounds too repetitive.
    Raduziel
    Troll unconsciousness component works for IWD:EE now.
  • BuffaloSolider95BuffaloSolider95 Member Posts: 25
    Don't know if the mod author is still around, but does anyone know if the Wild Shape Forms have weapon enchantments? I installed it just to check it out, and unless there is something they all just hit as normal weapons, even at higher levels.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    edited July 2022
    Here's a comment I made in the "mod list" thread, reposted here since it concerns the House Rules mod in particular:

I love most of the house rules but I thought that I would mention a bug with the shapeshifting ability: the spider form gets caught in webs. So the avenger tactic of casting web, transforming into a spider, and taking out the immobilized foes is not viable.

(Reposted from: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1187256/#Comment_1187256 )
    Post edited by Thrasymachus on
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @TheArtisan
    Please make traification, to be able to translate the mod.
  • MistercuriousMistercurious Member Posts: 40
    I created a dwarven fighter (unkitted) and gave him two points each in axe and sword and shield stlye.

It seems the racial bonus for dwarves is being added to his THAC0 rather than being subtracted.

I am attaching screenshot:

How can I fix this, so I get the correct bonus?

Thank you, any comments welcome!

• MistercuriousMistercurious Member Posts: 40
    I tried out a halfling with a sling next.

The halfing bonus is also weird:

It says "To Hit -1". Should be "Halfling : -2" imho.