Skip to content

Me, my sister and my love

2»

Comments

• OtherguyOtherguy Member Posts: 157
    For the early game I really like bringing Jaheira and Aerie. If charname can fill the role of a thief then you are all set. My standard party for chapter 2 is in fact FMT, Jaheira and Aerie. This makes for a fairly balanced party imho.

Once you get Imoen you could let go of one of them, but I feel so bad about it I generally play with 4 from that Point onwards.

It's a really fun party to play imho, well suited for most challenges, the only thing they lack is fast mage progression til you get Imoen, the late impr haste might make things a tad more challenging than they have to be. But a well buffed FMT and Aerie are immortal for the really tough fights and Jaheira can be on ranged duty with dagger or sling.

For me late game tanking isn't really an issue since no-reload Death or restartitis Always gets me Before ToB. But it is hard to dispute the Power of damage resistance stacking with DoE.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I have always had a soft spot for Viconia.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    My sorcerer does the tanking, the killing and the dancing on their graves.

All others are glorified pack mules.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    edited October 2016
    On the topic of non-arcane tanks however jaheira was always my personal preference. From BG1 all the way to ToB.

I also only just noticed how old this thread is :D meh
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited October 2016
    Actually, my first playthrough of vanilla ToB (starting from SoA) was Fighter 9 -> Thief Charname, Imoen, Viconia and Sarevok :D