Skip to content

Voice actors/actresses you missed.

It's brilliant they got some of the old voice actors to come back to reprise their parts, especially Kevin Michael Richardson and David Warner.

I missed Heidi Shannon as Jaheira and John Mariano as Tiax though.

Who do you folks miss from the old cast?

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    The madam who voiced Ellesime has a darn sweet accent.
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    Actors and background songs are always been a best part of the game, I like bhodi and ellesime too.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Given Safana's expanded role, I really missed Diane Pershing.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Big nod n thx to Beamdog for all those old friends we have missed - especially "The Original Narrator"! Master Richardson, u feel cameo usurped maybe? ;-)

Rob Paulsen - he could have continued on as Kivan with potentially very interesting story arch of coming to terms with loss once revenge is consumed. Or as prequel Anomen. Miss his voice in gaming a lot.
  • brotherboobrotherboo Member Posts: 48
    edited May 2016
    I don't know about missed, but I thought the female voice for the mad Bhaal priest was excellent. It was a small part but done w/ such feeling that she sounded just like a desperate woman on the verge of madness and of losing her faith.

Later in the game I believe the same voice actress did the Dragon guarding the gate that led to to Phuge plane and once again did a great job.
    Post edited by brotherboo on
  • SwiftTrooperSwiftTrooper Member Posts: 5
    So that was David Warner!! My wife and I always loved his addition to the games we played in the 90's. Irenicus is such a well fleshed out character in no small part from Mr. Warner's reading.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Well, I could make a point about how I miss all of the voices from the local dub in BG2, but the devs said they where gonna get to that finally, so I'll shut up >.>
    Anybody noticed that belt voice and the thief who helps you to escape are lot similar? Also the officier sounds like silvershield. Was that supposed to be like that or was just a pure case.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

The madam who voiced Ellesime has a darn sweet accent.

It's interesting, because Ellesime and Aerie have the same voice actress - Kath Soucie.
  • ArgyleArgyle Member Posts: 48
    I wonder who voiced all the bad jokes for the Jester's Bracers? I liked the way that item worked overall, and it was funny, but I have to say the voice began to wear on me after a while. I would rather have had something more like the minstrel who sang the Tale of Brave Sir Robin ... I can listen to that one over and over.
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by LoveViconia on